Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Erasing" the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy - what does that mean for Galaxy's Edge?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] "Erasing" the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy - what does that mean for Galaxy's Edge?

I saw this article and was just taken aback by what it proposed: https://dlnewstoday.com/2020/06/rumo...equel-trilogy/
    Would Lucasfilm really erase the ENTIRE Sequel Trilogy? And if they did - what happens to Galaxy's Edge?
    Also looking to see if anyone has any other news or comments because I haven't seen anything about it on here.
    I'll never grow up...
    Peter Pan

Considering that Carrie Fisher has passed and both Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford are done with the franchise, I think it’s quite unlikely that Disney / Lucasfilm would try and reboot episodes 7,8,9. What’s more likely is that future films or shows will just focus on different elements or timelines.

I’d say that SW:GE will stay exactly what it currently is for some time.
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    Walt Disney World
    Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

It's an interesting idea. I easily think they can find a writer who is a true SW fan and clean up the story. Some story elements I can think of that would need to be changed are:
      -Rey's force ability. She get too strong, too fast, with almost no training.
      -Rey's ability to fly a ship when she's never done it before. Finn would have been a better choice.
      -Han Solo's stupid death
      -The Emporors clone.
      -Luke's history after ROTJ. What a baby (I'm going into exile)
      -Kylo's force use (it seems like JJA just wanted to make uber force powers).
      -Not trashing established canon.

Keep enough of the story where key scene's need to be refilmed but not the entire film replaced. The bones are there. It's all good fun. If Lucas can do it to TOT, then a good writer could do it for the final trilogy.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

The source is not credible. This is just desperation to find an in-story reason for Disney to backtrack. People who believe this cannot accept that Disney didn’t worship them as superior fans.

I just smile that it’s Kylo not Darth Vader who gets a fully fledged animatronic. I’m sure Vader will eventually but it looks like those fans will have to wait...
        Tiana: “My daddy never did get what he wanted. But he had what he needed. He had love!”

Comment

Personally, I don't think SWGE fits anywhere, so it's probably safe...unfortunately.
          Sooner or later they're going to come after what you hold near and dear to your heart. When that happens, don't complain to me.

Comment

This seems really really unlikely. They just spent all that money on these movies , merchandise and lands, only to reboot them? Sounds like wishful thinking.

Comment

Star Wars Sequel Trilogy

As for me
              When I think of Star Wars
              It because of the first 3 movie -Trilogy.........
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post

I just smile that it’s Kylo not Darth Vader who gets a fully fledged animatronic. I’m sure Vader will eventually but it looks like those fans will have to wait...
                Why would you smile about that? Darth Vader is one of the greatest villains in the history of cinema and one of the reasons this franchise is so popular in the first place. Disney was DUMB to have disrespected the original audience/fans, it has cost them billions of dollars as a lot of the planned projects were axed. Why does this make you happy?

Comment

Star Trek splintered into the "Kelvin Timeline" for the new movies, but Star Trek already had a long history of alternate timelines/universes/dimensions which hasn't really been a thing in Star Wars, that I know of (from seeing all nine movies -- and the Holiday Special -- first run, but not much beyond that).

Comment

Originally posted by duckboyone View Post

Why would you smile about that? Darth Vader is one of the greatest villains in the history of cinema and one of the reasons this franchise is so popular in the first place. Disney was DUMB to have disrespected the original audience/fans, it has cost them billions of dollars as a lot of the planned projects were axed. Why does this make you happy?
                    You unknowingly answered the question.

SW fans have been entitled and straight up rude to me for enjoying the ST. Disney’s SW land caters to my preferences. Of course that makes me happy.
                    Tiana: “My daddy never did get what he wanted. But he had what he needed. He had love!”

Comment

You unknowingly answered the question.

SW fans have been entitled and straight up rude to me for enjoying the ST. Disney’s SW land caters to my preferences. Of course that makes me happy.
                      What you don't seem to understand, is that it's the original fans that made this possible in the first place, and Disney just s-worded all over them from the get-go. Can you not understand how and why that would make them angry? Wouldn't you feel the same, if something you've cherished since childhood was taken and ruined to spite you, judging from Kathleen Kennedy's comments during the past few years?

The worst part is, it was completely unnecessary. Even taking the movies out of the picture, they still could have represented all the of the movies and storylines in the park, but they specifically changed it. You don't just spit in someone's face and not expect a reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by duckboyone View Post

What you don't seem to understand, is that it's the original fans that made this possible in the first place, and Disney just s-worded all over them from the get-go. Can you not understand how and why that would make them angry? Wouldn't you feel the same, if something you've cherished since childhood was taken and ruined to spite you, judging from Kathleen Kennedy's comments during the past few years?

The worst part is, it was completely unnecessary. Even taking the movies out of the picture, they still could have represented all the of the movies and storylines in the park, but they specifically changed it. You don't just spit in someone's face and not expect a reaction.
                        You not liking something is not disrespect. It is Entitlement. Thank you for proving my point.

Comment

First, this is an unverified rumor with unknown merit. Some 'rumors' like these can get very borderline trolling, similar to the so-call leaks of Marvel issues over Captain Marvel, despite a sequel being made.

Second, the coronavirus has thrown a wrench in any major proposals going foward. You're more likely to hear canceled plans and low risk projects than new major projects with high risks.

Third, I don't see them 'rebooting' the series anytime soon. Especially on how the current focus is shifting to other characters and stories in the Galaxy vs The Skywalker Saga. (The Mandalorian, Rogue One Prequel, Obi Wan).

And finally, there's is no financial, story purpose or logical reason to change Galaxy Edge's 'story' because of this idea. GE is separated from the main storyline, much like how Star Tours is. Major concerns over the land's connection to the Canon and the Sequel Trilogy, is not viewed as important or necessary things to spend more money on at the moment.

Let's all say it with me:
                          It's not going to affect the land.

Comment

You not liking something is not disrespect. It is Entitlement. Thank you for proving my point.
                            The only thing that's been proven is that you are a selfish and un-empathetic person. I'm glad you're so happy that an enormous group of people had their hearts ripped out

Comment

Originally posted by Jar.Jar.Abrams View Post
                              Personally, I don't think SWGE fits anywhere, so it's probably safe...unfortunately.
                              x2
                              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                              - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by jar.jar.abrams View Post
                                personally, i don't think swge fits anywhere, so it's probably safe...unfortunately.
                                Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

x2

x3
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Nothing like a good old Star Wars debate to get everyone’s mind off of other things. Ha ha

As a lifelong Star Wars fan, I am happy with Galaxy’s Edge and expect it to stay as it is for a long time. Being focused on the newer films makes it a different experience (dare I say it’s more DL appropriate this way) and not just a Star Wars greatest hits land like the area around Star Tours in DHS is.

SW:GE is good storytelling. It tells a unique story, in a unique place, and is good for the park.
                                  Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                                  Walt Disney World
                                  Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
                                  1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
                                  2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Darth Vader was practically already an animatronic. Disney probably felt it wasn't challenging enough.
                                    Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
                                      Nothing like a good old Star Wars debate to get everyone’s mind off of other things. Ha ha

As a lifelong Star Wars fan, I am happy with Galaxy’s Edge and expect it to stay as it is for a long time. Being focused on the newer films makes it a different experience (dare I say it’s more DL appropriate this way) and not just a Star Wars greatest hits land like the area around Star Tours in DHS is.

SW:GE is good storytelling. It tells a unique story, in a unique place, and is good for the park.
                                      Even if I disagree with what you say on a particular topic (as I do in this case), I totally applaud the way you say it. Good posts!
                                      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

We've heard this before

I think over the years it will slowly lose its place in time.
                                        Rumors of Mando stuff on the Falcon Ride and Meet and Greets and slowly the Sequel stuff wont matter as much. Disney is making the High Order Timeline next and sure we will get a sequel to the Clone Wars/Rebels that will be apart of or set up the next timeline.

Also while yes in Rebels they showed time could be messed with it would be wayyyyyy to soon to reboot it. We have High Order, rumored Old Republic, The Mando/Obi Wan show and other films coming out as side story's no way they would try to reset it now...in 50 years? Yeah it will happen so they can make money off us as grandparents
                                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X