Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretching room

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I have a haunted mansion question. In Florida they are having people just walk through the stretching room. If the stretching room is no more, how will that work in California since, unless I’m mistaken, the stretching room is an actual elevator?

Sorry if this is a foolish question lol

Only mortals are foolish.

The stretching room at Disneyland is an actual elevator. This was necessary to allow guests to go under the railroad tracks.

Comment

There have been theories around using the chicken exit and bypassing the stretching room all together. Honesty, I’m not sure how it will work at DL.

HM is still being refurbished as well so there is a chance it will remain closed when the park finally opens up anyways.
      Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
      Walt Disney World
      Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
      1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
      2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
        HM is still being refurbished as well so there is a chance it will remain closed when the park finally opens up anyways.
        I agree. The project was delayed for sometime. I still think that when DL opens (presumably this year) they will keep HM closed til Fall and reopen it as HMH, with the regular version returning in 2021.

Another thing they could do, is limit the number of guests in the chamber rooms, and have groups stand on marked spots for this portion.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

Another thing they could do, is limit the number of guests in the chamber rooms, and have groups stand on marked spots for this portion.
          This is only speculative, but I feel this idea would be the best option? I believe it was discussed in the LGHM thread, but it's not only the stretching room that might need some reworking for quarentine, but the ride as a whole. HM is a people eater, and that accomplished by not only it's Omni mover system, but increasing the rides operating speed over the years, cutting ride dialogue, stuffing elevators, which often leads up to back ups in the loading area and the portrait hallway.

If the ride finishes refurb before quarantine ends, it might not be the worst idea to maybe "undo" these practices meant for efficiency. Like going ahead and not stuffing guests, putting spots for standing that really are in the "dead" center of the room (maybe theme the spots to being points on a seances circle). Send elevators based on loading area speed instead of maintaining guest rate. Maybe slowing the ride itself back to its original speed, so ride vehicles could be properly "alternated" between loading guests and being sprayed with sanitizer, and allowing that sanitizer to air dry for effectiveness.
          Last edited by SkunkID; 07-09-2020, 12:00 AM.

Comment

The stretching room is an actual elevator as it's needed to move under the railroad to get to the actual show building. As for the extended repairs, every few years, Disneyland has to do extensive refurbishments on the ride because the Holiday Overlay causes a lot of wear and tear not just on some of the animatronics, but the entrance and show building as well (since the ride was never designed to have to go through this change every year and have to keep said change for 4 months (still hate they change it in September instead of doing it in November).

Comment

I agree. The project was delayed for sometime. I still think that when DL opens (presumably this year) they will keep HM closed til Fall and reopen it as HMH, with the regular version returning in 2021.

This is how this is being handled in Paris, where the Stretching Rooms of Phantom Manor also serve the elevator purpose. I am sure this will be the exact same way in DL:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ecyyv5OWoAAF8Dg?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	8623202

https://twitter.com/MacKinnonPlus/st...96543770628100

Comment

Originally posted by mtlchuck View Post

This is how this is being handled in Paris, where the Stretching Rooms of Phantom Manor also serve the elevator purpose. I am sure this will be the exact same way in DL:

Name:	Ecyyv5OWoAAF8Dg?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	8623202

https://twitter.com/MacKinnonPlus/st...96543770628100
                Oh dear, that will carry down, like, 12 people, tops. It sucks that it has to be this way for now. Do they have a chicken exit over there? If it had to be that inefficient, I'd opt for the stairs.

Comment

I’ve been evacuated from Phantom Manor and the exit path was through the stretching room to a door on the opposite side from the portrait hallway and would work, but it’s not themed at all and looked like obvious backstage access.

Name:	4363B7A4-D38B-4D65-B89C-75A2DF91C638.jpeg
Views:	534
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	8623260

Click image for larger version  Name:	57ED4BF7-7B7B-4C00-850B-C3F6BB9234B8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.96 MB ID:	8623259
                  Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                  Walt Disney World
                  Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
                  1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
                  2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
                    I’ve been evacuated from Phantom Manor and the exit path was through the stretching room to a door on the opposite side from the portrait hallway and would work, but it’s not themed at all and looked like obvious backstage access.

Name:	4363B7A4-D38B-4D65-B89C-75A2DF91C638.jpeg
Views:	534
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	8623260

Click image for larger version Name:	57ED4BF7-7B7B-4C00-850B-C3F6BB9234B8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.96 MB ID:	8623259
                    Simple fix: It's Master Gracey's museum/warehouse/powerplant portion of the mansion.

Comment

The stretching rooms will still be needed for ADA access, as the Chicken exit has stairs. And if I'm not mistaken, don't ADA guest exit via the stretching rooms? Fire regulations are another factor, as the Chicken Exit is technically a fire exit.

Another possible fix, is to load and run both stretching rooms (with lowered capacity) simultaneously. Yes, this could 'ruin' the illusion slightly, but it would keep the line moving.

Originally posted by jish5555 View Post
                      The stretching room is an actual elevator as it's needed to move under the railroad to get to the actual show building. As for the extended repairs, every few years, Disneyland has to do extensive refurbishments on the ride because the Holiday Overlay causes a lot of wear and tear not just on some of the animatronics, but the entrance and show building as well (since the ride was never designed to have to go through this change every year and have to keep said change for 4 months (still hate they change it in September instead of doing it in November).
                      This is actually why HM went down for a extended refurb, as the facade was allegedly damaged from the HMH decor

Comment

This is actually why HM went down for a extended refurb, as the facade was allegedly damaged from the HMH decor
                        How so?

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post

How so?
                          Not sure how. Just remembered that reported details back in a MC update.

Comment

I agree about the jish5555 on the timing for HMH it should start in November ( jumps off my soap box)

Originally posted by jish5555 View Post
                            but as far as the Shut down on the repair I've heard all the overlays, as temporary thing was fine, but doing so year after year has led to general wear and tear. A basic case of Fix it now or "REALLY" have to fix it later. It also the first major refit on high wear equipment (Rails,Carpet,Sound System, etc) in quite a while.

On the matter of Disinfectants, Disney has the option of simply using the parks water, The park's water is infused with "Bromine" instead of "Chlorine" (the reason for the unique smell in the parks water rides), and Bromine is a rather powerful Disinfectant even in it's diluted state. a simple spray of mist and a little warm air should do the trick fine.

As far as moving the Guest thru the "backstage" not sure, Disneyland is pretty sketchy about moving Guest thru the backstage part of the rides in
                            Cal/OSha territory, but maybe

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
                            Only mortals are foolish.

The stretching room at Disneyland is an actual elevator. This was necessary to allow guests to go under the railroad tracks.
                            and lastly PhotoMatt you sir are a classic,

Last edited by jedi Stitch; 07-20-2020, 09:25 PM.
                            you don't have to be crazy to use this profile..but it helps

Comment

They would probably skip the show portion of the room to get people out of it as quickly as possible.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X