Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt's Fall 2015 nine-day adventure at the DLR.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whoever
    replied
    As we exited the crypt, I couldn't help but stop and stare at the wondrous theming of Splash Mountain. So sad this will be going away for an inferior theme...

Even the rest of Critter Country has beautiful elements..

After a quick stop at the Hungry Bear bathrooms for the ladies, I just took in the sights.

Man, is Critter Country PACKED!!!

The entrance to Splash is always super fun.

The Hundred Acre Wood always has hidden gems to take in.

Rabbit is getting blown away..

Pooh is in HEAVEN with his honey.

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by whoever View Post

Thanks! I try, but they are seldom up to my standards. I need to either get better at post-processing, or buy much better equipment. It could just be the monkey behind the shutter spinning dials and pushing buttons though.
    it is definitely one of the tougher photographic techniques especially in a moving doombuggy.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
    love your dark ride photography, your photography in general is amazing but I am especially fond of your dark ride shots.
    Thanks! I try, but they are seldom up to my standards. I need to either get better at post-processing, or buy much better equipment. It could just be the monkey behind the shutter spinning dials and pushing buttons though.

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied
    love your dark ride photography, your photography in general is amazing but I am especially fond of your dark ride shots.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    As we made our way down the long and spooky hallway, we eventually entered a room where a séance was in full swing. Ghoulish ornaments hovered throughout the room taunting us from somewhere beyond.

Madame Leota was looking as youthful as ever and her voice echoed throughout the chamber from somewhere beyond…

Instead of beckoning us from a crystal ball, she found herself captured in a holiday ornament..

Onward to the Ball Room where a ghoulish House of Cards greeted us as the centerpiece of the dining room table.

Into the creepy attic we were swept by an invisible hand... Jack-o- lanterns scattered throughout.

Ah... some deadly nightshade you say. I wonder who may have left that there..

Out the attic doors, we tripped and fell over the edge of the balcony. Down, down, down, we were swept until we found ourselves greeted by none other than Jack Skellington at the entrance to a graveyard!!

As we entered the eerie graveyard, we were serenaded by ghouls from beyond the veil. One with a set of bagpipes and a pirate with a harp.

The ghouls seemed to be having a party. One even stopped his revelry to have some tea.

As we entered a crypt at the back of the graveyard's edge, who greeted us, but none other than Oogie Boogie!

Time to return to the land of the living, we ascended from the tomb. Sally was there, in the distance wishing us to come back for another round into the ether of beyond.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    Originally posted by DamDisneyDad View Post
    Wow, what an amazing TR. Like many of you, my family and I are missing DL SOOOO much. This TR is both helping and hurting a bit. Thank you so much for your photos and commentary, it is so appreciated!
    Much appreciated. This is helping bridge my way too long gap in visits to this magical place.

Leave a comment:

• DamDisneyDad
    replied
    Wow, what an amazing TR. Like many of you, my family and I are missing DL SOOOO much. This TR is both helping and hurting a bit. Thank you so much for your photos and commentary, it is so appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    As we entered the mansion, there were decorations about...

Teddy was fishing...

Ooohh treats for Zero.

He came out, but just for a glimpse

Teddy was back and he was pounding angry..

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied

I echo this sentiment exactly. Maybe an ANBC should be relocated to Fantasyland as it's own attraction.
    I think it warrants its own attraction it has such great thematic elements and set pieces.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    The original Haunted Mansion will always be my favorite, I do love the Nightmare before Christmas overlay but I just wish they would give Jack his own attraction I miss HM when it is down.
    I echo this sentiment exactly. Maybe an ANBC should be relocated to Fantasyland as it's own attraction.

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied
    The original Haunted Mansion will always be my favorite, I do love the Nightmare before Christmas overlay but I just wish they would give Jack his own attraction I miss HM when it is down.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    Mansion was obviously up next for us. It's usually a toss-up between Mansion or Pirates but Mansion won out this time..

We typically hit DLR after the overlay goes up and slightly less frequently the normal. I honestly prefer the normal iteration.

The smallest details are always what draws me in. So well done.

These look like actual stained glass. Hat off to the imagineers...

I especially like thay they had the swinging corpse present in the HMH overlay.

They are ALWAYS watching me...

There's a serious opportunity here in the loading area to retheme it with more than just black walls. That being said, the chandeliers are superb..

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    Given that it was now a quarter to 10, it was time for a morning snack which is typically a tradition for us whenever we are in Disneyland Park in the mornings.

The kids were taking Peter Pan to heart on the way there.

They can fly..

they can fly..

they can fly..

Amazing what a sprinkling of early morning pixie dust does and we are about to sprinkle them with actual pixie dust....

But not before we stop for a photo op with Tianna.

NOW for the physical Pixie dust which will provide even more flight energy. We do love this morning snack!!

Beignets are never complete without a Julep or two..

Victoria likes to lick off ALL the powdered sugar for some reason. Eat it whole kid, c'mon!!

Halloween decorations have made their way to the French Market..

I have ALWAYS loved these Roman Shades. Just MAKES the ambiance of the French Market. One of my favorite places in the park.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    We broke from tradition and swapped out on BTMRR... Each kid getting a ride with one of the parents because Victoria just wasn't having it...

While some probably assume that's me in the first mine car, it's NOT.... I need to hit that guy up for royalties/residuals on my trademarked pose... Amy is in the car after..

There she is...

When it was my turn, Char hammed it up extensively...

This lift hill is AMAZING when the fireworks are going. You literally have a front-row seat.

GOAT!!!

The GOAT STARE!!!! It's so fun for those of us not inclined to have motion sickness.

I've often wondered about the anatomical correctness of this show piece. Until I'm made an Imagineer, I'll have to keep wondering.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    As we exited Alice, we noticed ALICE.. and the Mad Hatter.

The Mad Hatter wasn't interested in stopping as he had a tea party to attend, but Alice briefly paused for a pic.

Up Next, one of our absolute favs (even more so during parades). Tea Cups!!

Outside of LATE evening, EARLY morn is the BEST time to ride this attraction.

Amy had taken Vic and K. Char got the whole time with me.

LOVE the T-cup photo-op. Way easier to get people smiling when their brains aren't spinning in their skulls...

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    Firs Attraction every time, Peter Pan's Flight.

The queue has so much...

Our view over London was great. Big Ben was pronounced..

Mickey sticks his head out from time to time.

My FAVORITE DIORAMA EVER!!!!

How many times haved I encountered this view..

Tink always helps us..

We typically only do two things after Peter... Alice or Dumbo. Dumbo it is...

I find the water features relaxing..

Timothy is conducting us superbly.

We can fly!

Fantasyland has never looked so good.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    6AM found us quick. We showered and dressed and got everything set for the day. This is my favorite part of Disneyland mornings honestly, being up before EVERYBODY. I'm always an early riser and find my time up and out so Magical before others rise...

At 10 minutes before 7 we were already through DTD.... Love the emptiness.

After what seemed like an eternity at the gates (7:35 now), we were queued up nicely. Little Char always warms my heart.

Vic continues to wear Minnie Mouse (She's not wearing the same outfit, we brought THREE identical outfits).

At 7:45 we were let into the gates... EMPTY Main Street and front of the crowd!!

My GOSH, K was so small...

60th Celebration in full effect.

The crowd behind is DAUNTING!!

The Cast Member in charge (because BADGE) Gave the count down....

Vic was READY!! 3 mins before 8.....

I don't think Katherine touched the ground the entire time.

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied

We've stayed in the DVC wing of the Grand twice I think. I'm sure this vista is now gone that the trees have grown up, but Amy snapped this pic of us on Goofy's Sky School from our room. I think we'll buy DLH DVC if we can get a contract. We would use the heck out of it.

We have stayed in the DVC room that is on the top floor over looking Goofy's sky school. Sitting on the balcony with a drink after the parks close watching the workers do their thing by attraction light is so relaxing. I would definitely recommend Buying into the DLH DVC it is so worth it in my opinion. That's a great picture too, but I agree probably not one you would get now.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

We have stayed at the DVC wing of the Grand a few times and Love that hotel so much but I am excited to see what the DVC tower at the DLH brings there is a lot more ground around the hotel and a lot more activities so I would definitely stay there. I would love to stay in that Adventureland suite you stayed in but the cost is a little prohibitive.
    We've stayed in the DVC wing of the Grand twice I think. I'm sure this vista is now gone that the trees have grown up, but Amy snapped this pic of us on Goofy's Sky School from our room. I think we'll buy DLH DVC if we can get a contract. We would use the heck out of it.

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied

DLH really hit a niche with focusing on MCM and Trader Sam's fits right in to that theme. I'm a Grand lover at heart, but the DLH despite being further away offers a ton more IMHO.
    We have stayed at the DVC wing of the Grand a few times and Love that hotel so much but I am excited to see what the DVC tower at the DLH brings there is a lot more ground around the hotel and a lot more activities so I would definitely stay there. I would love to stay in that Adventureland suite you stayed in but the cost is a little prohibitive.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X