Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] moral advice

So as i am waiting for Disneyland to reopen truly from virus numbers going down, thought i ask this maybe a crazy question. its first time i wanted to plan it but not sure of the future with this virus going on. so heres what i need to ask from you guys. What will you do if not a friend in the world don't want to go disneyland with you? i wanted to bring my BFF to disneyland to experience a trip with friend for first time before i turn 30, but with virus get in the way, i maybe make exceptions to like at 32 years old, which is at 2024? And, my bff kept saying he can't grantee it and claiming he got something more important to do than this trip. thought i do this so i can show my future self that got something much greater if i didn't achieve something big in my life, like not getting a high pay job for example.
    Last edited by ridetotheworld; 07-12-2020, 08:17 PM.

Originally posted by ridetotheworld View Post
    So as i am waiting for Disneyland to reopen truly from virus numbers going down, thought i ask this maybe a crazy question. its first time i wanted to plan it but not sure of the future with this virus going on. so heres what i need to ask from you guys. What will you do if not a friend in the world don't want to go disneyland with you? i wanted to bring my BFF to disneyland to experience a trip with friend for first time before i turn 30, but with virus get in the way, i maybe make exceptions to like at 32 years old, which is at 2024? And, my bff kept saying he can't grantee it and claiming he got something more important to do than this trip. thought i do this so i can show my future self that got something much greater if i didn't achieve something big in my life, like not getting a high pay job for example.
    I'd suggest that you wait to see what happens with DL and the virus, and meanwhile ignore the numbers attached to your age and to the years of the calendar. They're artificial markers to which we (all of us) attached culturally arbitrary values. Example: in other times and cultures, reaching the age of 30 meant you were an esteemed elder. In many cultures today, being 30 or under means you haven't earned the right to be taken seriously by the elders. Age is relative; its meaning changes with time and society. So screw the clock, eff the calendar: What's important is who you love, what you love, and how you want to share them with each other.
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Comment

The important thing is keeping yourself healthy and safe at this time.
      I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X