Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is turnstile "bird chirp" from "Song of the South"?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is turnstile "bird chirp" from "Song of the South"?

I was listening to James Baskett singing "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" and at about 2 minutes into the song after he says, "Where is that bluebird?" it sounded like the turnstile chirp. Is my Disneyland withdrawal making me hear things (or is it my imagination, hmm)?

To all who come to this Magical site, thank you for providing a sense of community. It's heartwarming and reassuring to be able to connect with like-minded folks in this time of isolation, turmoil, and uncertainty.

I believe it's a reference to the Barker bird. I don't know where the sound effect comes from though.

Comment

It sounds like it might be a re-EQ of one of the classic "personality" bird sounds from Jimmy MacDonald's library.
      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
      - Bob Chapek

Comment

you got to love those "bird chirping" turnstile's !
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Both the turnstile and movie sound are likely from some ancient Hollywood sound effects library. It's a very stock "canary" effect.

Comment

All I know is There is a popular smartphone alert that sounds just like the turnstile chirp and I would always hear in the days before Covid. Every time out in public my wife and I would hear it we'd look at each other and smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
              All I know is There is a popular smartphone alert that sounds just like the turnstile chirp and I would always hear in the days before Covid. Every time out in public my wife and I would hear it we'd look at each other and smile.

It's my text notification tone. Makes me smile, too!
              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

https://archive.org/details/Songofth...80pRestoration
                “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
                so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                WDW Trips: '81
                EPCOT Trips: '93
                Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

The sound at the turnstiles is definitely the same exact sound effect heard in Song of the South. But like Yohohoho said, it was probably a stock sound effect that already existed when Disney used it for the film.

Comment

This is a standard stock sound effect that the manufacturer of the gate computers uses. The same exact computers are used at the San Diego Zoo and make the exact same sounds. I do not believe that they are Disney specific.

Comment

This is not where the sound originates, but you can listen to a high-quality bird chirp at Disneyland > Main Gate:

http://soundsofdisneyland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
                        This is not where the sound originates, but you can listen to a high-quality bird chirp at Disneyland > Main Gate:

http://soundsofdisneyland.com/
                        I am SOOOO making a bookmark for that website. THANK YOU!!
                        "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Captain Andy

I just want to thank you again for the Sounds of DL link. I was having a rough morning so I sat down and listened to one of my favorite sounds: the SoC track from the Esplanade loop. Equilibrium restored.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                            Captain Andy

I just want to thank you again for the Sounds of DL link. I was having a rough morning so I sat down and listened to one of my favorite sounds: the SoC track from the Esplanade loop. Equilibrium restored.
                            Anytime! It's my go-to whenever I'm missing Disneyland. 😎 Always happy to share.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X