Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is turnstile "bird chirp" from "Song of the South"?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Captain Andy
    A Brave Little Tailor

• Captain Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Stormy View Post
    Captain Andy
    A Brave Little Tailor
    Captain Andy

I just want to thank you again for the Sounds of DL link. I was having a rough morning so I sat down and listened to one of my favorite sounds: the SoC track from the Esplanade loop. Equilibrium restored.
    Anytime! It's my go-to whenever I'm missing Disneyland. 😎 Always happy to share.

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    Chief Troublemaker

• Stormy
    replied
    Captain Andy
    A Brave Little Tailor
    Captain Andy

I just want to thank you again for the Sounds of DL link. I was having a rough morning so I sat down and listened to one of my favorite sounds: the SoC track from the Esplanade loop. Equilibrium restored.

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    Chief Troublemaker

• Stormy
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
    This is not where the sound originates, but you can listen to a high-quality bird chirp at Disneyland > Main Gate:

http://soundsofdisneyland.com/
    I am SOOOO making a bookmark for that website. THANK YOU!!

Leave a comment:

• Captain Andy
    A Brave Little Tailor

• Captain Andy
    replied
    This is not where the sound originates, but you can listen to a high-quality bird chirp at Disneyland > Main Gate:

http://soundsofdisneyland.com/

Leave a comment:

• ClownLoach
    MiceChatter

• ClownLoach
    replied
    This is a standard stock sound effect that the manufacturer of the gate computers uses. The same exact computers are used at the San Diego Zoo and make the exact same sounds. I do not believe that they are Disney specific.

Leave a comment:

• DarthBrett78
    Sith Lord Extraordinaire

• DarthBrett78
    replied
    The sound at the turnstiles is definitely the same exact sound effect heard in Song of the South. But like Yohohoho said, it was probably a stock sound effect that already existed when Disney used it for the film.

Leave a comment:

• stovk
    Old School Disney

• stovk
    replied
    https://archive.org/details/Songofth...80pRestoration

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    Chief Troublemaker

• Stormy
    replied
    Originally posted by Starcade View Post
    All I know is There is a popular smartphone alert that sounds just like the turnstile chirp and I would always hear in the days before Covid. Every time out in public my wife and I would hear it we'd look at each other and smile.

It's my text notification tone. Makes me smile, too!

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    Old Skateboarder

• Starcade
    replied
    All I know is There is a popular smartphone alert that sounds just like the turnstile chirp and I would always hear in the days before Covid. Every time out in public my wife and I would hear it we'd look at each other and smile.

Leave a comment:

• Yohohoho
    New MiceChatter

• Yohohoho
    replied
    Both the turnstile and movie sound are likely from some ancient Hollywood sound effects library. It's a very stock "canary" effect.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Eagleman
    replied
    you got to love those "bird chirping" turnstile's !

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    It sounds like it might be a re-EQ of one of the classic "personality" bird sounds from Jimmy MacDonald's library.

Leave a comment:

• SkunkID
    Entity of Chaos

• SkunkID
    replied
    I believe it's a reference to the Barker bird. I don't know where the sound effect comes from though.

Leave a comment:

• Tobydman

• Is turnstile "bird chirp" from "Song of the South"?

I was listening to James Baskett singing "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" and at about 2 minutes into the song after he says, "Where is that bluebird?" it sounded like the turnstile chirp. Is my Disneyland withdrawal making me hear things (or is it my imagination, hmm)?

To all who come to this Magical site, thank you for providing a sense of community. It's heartwarming and reassuring to be able to connect with like-minded folks in this time of isolation, turmoil, and uncertainty.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X