Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taste of Disneyland

Just bought tickets to the Taste of Calico. What a great idea. A little food festival in Ghost Town. You mean to tell me all the minds at Disney couldn’t come up with something similar? Taste of NOS or Taste of Tomorrowland? Disney has all the space in the world to do outdoor dining with the park closed. They are missing a golden opportunity to basically turn the park into a giant outdoor eating area. I would pay money to to simply have a quiet dinner along ROA or under the castle all lit up.

While it will no doubt still sell out.

I see ticket prices from 75+ dollars easy.

No clue which lands are cheapest to open but my guess is the first event would be Main Street, Adventureland, Frontierland and past NO to Splash.

Then a Second Event could be Halloween themed, then Star Wars Themed, and lastly Christmas themed if the parks aren't open by then.

But you could use Rivers of America and the Front of the Castle to put on some music acts as shows and maybe a mini parade like in Florida.

Also because why the hell not, have a Marvel themed event for Black Widow and allow you to see the new Marvel Land in DCA in November

NO rides or major shows will happen...but can see them making the most of some smaller entertainment like the Goofy WOC show in the day and maybe a Coco Puppet show for Day of the Dead which is coming up
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Like Big Thunder Ranch BBQ, oh wait.....

Comment

Knotts doesn't need a committee of 50 people to all sign off on something or a profitability study to do things the way Disney does. They just do it and more often than not, they knock it out of park. Disney, like many other massive corporations, are just too big to to think something up great and do it the next week the way Knotts can. But I was watching a vlog on youtube a few days ago filmed at Taste Of Calico and a couple of Disneyland executives were seen at knotts in the vlog. Most likely there to copy Knott's great success !! So we may see something from Disneyland soon.

Comment

We went on Saturday. Really well executed. Lots of places to get food. Lots of tables. The extended hours really helped with spreading the crowd out over the day so that long lines didn't develop. I believe they also had more food locations open than the opening weekend. So if you wanted the boysenberry sausage, you had two places you could get it instead of one. It was also neat to walk into the stores and enjoy music and live entertainment. Disney could easily hit a home run with this and sell out every day. They could do it in both parks. Coincidentally enough, we went to Downtown Disney the day after we went to Taste of Calico and that was a nightmare in comparison. I was really impressed with Knott's execution.

Comment

It's just too bad they didn't already have a Food Festival setup when they closed back in March. Something they could get up and running fairly easily if they wanted to generate some revenue. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalDisneyFan View Post
              It's just too bad they didn't already have a Food Festival setup when they closed back in March. Something they could get up and running fairly easily if they wanted to generate some revenue. LOL.
              It is unfortunate, isn't it? Maybe someone can explain this to me. I must admit, i never attend any of these festivals.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tpd20394802948203948-296x465.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	8623922

Comment

I wonder if Disney considered the amount of un-masking that people have to do when they eat and drink, and concluded that having a Food and Wine festival at the height of California's COVID spike might not be such a good idea.
                "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                - Bob Chapek

Comment

I just can't imagine this working at Disneyland (maybe in DCA, but even then that's a stretch). The park's layout doesn't feel conducive to an outdoor food festival like it does in Knott's. Crowd flow would be a battle, especially because of those who want to take photos at the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                    I wonder if Disney considered the amount of un-masking that people have to do when they eat and drink, and concluded that having a Food and Wine festival at the height of California's COVID spike might not be such a good idea.
                    Maybe. But probably not any more unmasking to eat or drink than what is already occurring in Downtown Disney or DisneyWorld. I guess they aren't too concerned with opening up downtown disney at the height of CA covid spike or DisneyWorld at the height of the FL covid spike. Plus, Disney can always control the amount of unmasking by limiting the number of tickets they sell to said food festival and they can determine how far apart each eating area is and each table.

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad View Post
                      Maybe. But probably not any more unmasking to eat or drink than what is already occurring in Downtown Disney or DisneyWorld.
                      Nice try at Whataboutism, but they're not equivalent. A Food and Wine festival would primarily focus on.... wait for it... eating-and-drinking (unmasked activities); while eating and drinking are only part of the activity at Downtown Disney and WDW. Furthering the illogic of your Whataboutism, people congregating to drink wine would result in a greater chance of loosened inhibitions among some of the guests, as has been shown to happen when bars were open -- which would logically (oops - there's that nasty L-word) make it more difficult for CMs to enforce Disney's rules about mask wearing and social distancing.

(Note to readers who aren't familiar with hbdad's right-wing views on the COVID pandemic: you can see where he's coming from via the Micechat search engine -- or browse the Litterbox.)

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Nice try at Whataboutism, but they're not equivalent. A Food and Wine festival would primarily focus on.... wait for it... eating-and-drinking (unmasked activities); while eating and drinking are only part of the activity at Downtown Disney and WDW. Furthering the illogic of your Whataboutism, people congregating to drink wine would result in a greater chance of loosened inhibitions among some of the guests, as has been shown to happen when bars were open -- which would logically (oops - there's that nasty L-word) make it more difficult for CMs to enforce Disney's rules about mask wearing and social distancing.

(Note to readers who aren't familiar with hbdad's right-wing views on the COVID pandemic: you can see where he's coming from via the Micechat search engine -- or browse the Litterbox.)
                        I guess I’ll have to accept your logic that Covid will spread while eating and drinking at Disneyland but not at Downtown Disney or DisneyWorld.

Comment

I guess I’ll have to accept your logic that Covid will spread while eating and drinking at Disneyland but not at Downtown Disney or DisneyWorld.
                          Nah, just keep doubling down on your false equivalence that a Food and Wine festival presents the same COVID risks as a theme park or shopping mall. Keep on denying the science:

"'Alcohol lowers inhibitions, so people forget precautions,' said Natalie Dean, an infectious diseases expert at the University of Florida."

"Consuming alcohol reduces inhibitions that leads to less compliance with wearing masks and keeping apart, health officials warn."

"Dr. Thomas Tsai, a professor at Harvard University's T. H. Chan School of Public Health: [Drinking in groups] tends to lead to a breakdown of the very behaviors that help prevent new infections. It's a dangerous mix: socializing in large groups... and drinking, which lowers inhibitions and makes it less likely people stick to wearing masks and keeping their distance."

"..Researchers found that drinking increases levels of norepinephrine, the neurotransmitter responsible for arousal, which would account for heightened excitement when someone begins drinking.... Elevated levels of norepinephrine increase impulsivity, which helps explain why we lose our inhibitions drinking. Drunken brains are primed to seek pleasure without considering the consequences...."

Golly-wowsers, I guess all these Food and Wine festivals should have consulted you before they canceled, eh?

2020 Savannah Food & Wine Festival canceled amid coronavirus concerns

Grapevine cancels annual GrapeFest wine festival amid coronavirus safety concerns

34th Annual Ojai Wine Festival cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions

Coronavirus: Finger Lakes Wine Festival called off until 2021

Sunnyvale’s Art and Wine Festival among COVID cancelations

Lionfest Wine & Harvest Festival among latest Ozaukee County events canceled by coronavirus

2020 Memphis Food & Wine Festival canceled; event to return 'bigger and better' in 2021

Sandyvale cancels wine festival due to pandemic

Waretown Wine Festival Postponed Until 2021 Due To Coronavirus

Nantucket Wine & Food Festival canceled due to COVID-19

Coronavirus outbreak prompts cancellation of Taste Washington wine festival

Wine Festival and Food Truck Rally events cancelled because of COVID-19

Aspen Food & Wine Classic canceled due to coronavirus

Crab, Seafood & Wine Festival canceled over virus

Selinsgrove Beer and Wine Festival cancelled due to COVID-19

Pebble Beach Food and Wine festival canceled over COVID-19 concerns

Lehigh Valley Food & Wine Festival, one of area’s biggest food events, is canceled

Austin & Wine Food Festival Finally Postpones After Coronavirus-Related Public Gathering Ban

Multiple events canceled for Cincinnati Wine Festival admid coronavirus concerns

Pebble Beach Food & Wine canceled over coronavirus fears

But hey! All is not gloom-and-doom for you COVID Minimizers...

They're Nuts: Despite COVID, Texas Testicle Festival Still on for August 1 in Fredericksburg

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                          - Bob Chapek

Comment

I don't understand why a "Taste of Disneyland," featuring food sold from the alcohol-free restaurants in Disneyland, would have wine.

I guess GE has mixed drinks now, but I wouldn't think they'd be required for a food festival in Disneyland to be a success.
                            "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Are you done with your bloviating? You still haven’t addressed the difference in location. You’ve presented no scientific report that says ok to remove mask to eat and drink outdoors in one location, but no ok to do exact same thing outdoors. You can get alcohol at downtown Disney. If you’re so concerned about lowered inhibitions, then you should be onboard for Disney doing an outdoor food and non-alcoholic beverage festival. Solves your concerns. You accuse me of denying the science, but Newsom (not a conservative) has said his decisions will be guided by science and he has condoned and encouraged restaurants to move their operations outdoors. Is he denying science?

Comment

Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post
                                I don't understand why a "Taste of Disneyland," featuring food sold from the alcohol-free restaurants in Disneyland, would have wine.

I guess GE has mixed drinks now, but I wouldn't think they'd be required for a food festival in Disneyland to be a success.
                                Because usually when Disneyland does this type of event it IS a food and wine (and beer and mixed drinks and cider) event held at DCA? Just a guess.
                                "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

Are you done with your bloviating? You still haven’t addressed the difference in location. You’ve presented no scientific report that says ok to remove mask to eat and drink outdoors in one location, but no ok to do exact same thing outdoors. You can get alcohol at downtown Disney. If you’re so concerned about lowered inhibitions, then you should be onboard for Disney doing an outdoor food and non-alcoholic beverage festival. Solves your concerns. You accuse me of denying the science, but Newsom (not a conservative) has said his decisions will be guided by science and he has condoned and encouraged restaurants to move their operations outdoors. Is he denying science?
                                  Ask some questions that go to what I've actually posted instead of playing the strawman game, and I'll reply. As it stands, your post demonstrates that you're either lacking in reading comprehension, incapable of logic, or deliberately trolling for an argument. (Based on reading your posting history, I suspect #2.)

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

I can't believe in 2020 some still have something about drinking in Disneyland....a little wine would not do anything bad for the parks it would just make them some money so Mickeys ride and Splash get the proper funding

Knotts limited to two drinks a person..so sure Disney could do the same. These events are 100% more for adults than kids
                                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                                      I can't believe in 2020 some still have something about drinking in Disneyland....a little wine would not do anything bad for the parks it would just make them some money so Mickeys ride and Splash get the proper funding

Knotts limited to two drinks a person..so sure Disney could do the same. These events are 100% more for adults than kids
                                      While I am not against alcohol in Disney theme parks (I’ve had margaritas in DCA and Fuzzy Tauntauns in Oga’s Cantina), I kinda like that the Majority of Disneyland is alcohol free. I think it aids in promoting a certain standard of decorum for the guests. Oga’s and Club 33 don’t allow alcohol outside of their doors and I think that is why I’m ok with what is already allowed. I would probably be ok with them expanding alcohol service to The Blue Bayou as well, with the same restrictions.

I’ve seen guests standing in line at DCA with drinks in hand (RSR especially) and thinking of seeing a guest with a beer, standing in line for a DL attraction would feel very different to me.

I get that we are talking about a food festival, not standard park operations, but I think DCA and not DL is the place where that belongs.
                                      Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                                      Walt Disney World
                                      Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
                                      1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
                                      2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

While I am not against alcohol in Disney theme parks (I’ve had margaritas in DCA and Fuzzy Tauntauns in Oga’s Cantina), I kinda like that the Majority of Disneyland is alcohol free. I think it aids in promoting a certain standard of decorum for the guests. Oga’s and Club 33 don’t allow alcohol outside of their doors and I think that is why I’m ok with what is already allowed. I would probably be ok with them expanding alcohol service to The Blue Bayou as well, with the same restrictions.

I’ve seen guests standing in line at DCA with drinks in hand (RSR especially) and thinking of seeing a guest with a beer, standing in line for a DL attraction would feel very different to me.

I get that we are talking about a food festival, not standard park operations, but I think DCA and not DL is the place where that belongs.
                                        Like I said its wine at a food event. But even if it was normal the times have changed.

It's not bad to drink, that's like 90's Dare. As someone who didn't drink until he was 26, it's overacted for sure but not as bad as people make it out to be. If you let people have a drink or two it's fine, I agree people don't need to be plastered at the parks but wine should not do that unless they have close to the entire bottle

Also Knotts added a Second Food Event...while all other CA parks have nothing...what management can't think of a way to make money and give people jobs during this time?
                                        Last edited by JerrodDRagon; 07-29-2020, 03:32 PM.
                                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X