Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Pre-Opening Report from Disneyland on Disney+

Thought folks would like a heads up, the original 1955 that came out right before Disneyland opened special is on Disney+. Can't celebrate its birthday at the park, but this is still fun.
    "Have I gone mad?"
    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post
    Thought folks would like a heads up, the original 1955 that came out right before Disneyland opened special is on Disney+. Can't celebrate its birthday at the park, but this is still fun.
    It was a lot of fun. Don't sleep on the Mouseketeers at Disney World special. Come for the Joanne Whorley, stay for the era-appropriate ad breaks that are sheer perfection. Gaines Burgers!

Comment

Originally posted by crunchyy View Post

It was a lot of fun. Don't sleep on the Mouseketeers at Disney World special. Come for the Joanne Whorley, stay for the era-appropriate ad breaks that are sheer perfection. Gaines Burgers!
      OMG, Gaines burgers!!! Our dog loved those!!!

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I watched it yesterday, so cool to see all the old footage of the LA freeways and Disneyland still under construction. A great addition to Disney +.

Comment

They should shoot a new video for Dis+ of what's going on right now behind the scenes while closed for the pandemic and getting ready for reopening. Maintenance, refurbs, etc.
          "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

A cool video for sure, would also not mind the opening day show as well
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post
              What is the name of the program on Disney + ? TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Kat95242 View Post

What is the name of the program on Disney + ? TIA
                Click image for larger version

Name:	POR.JPG
Views:	467
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	8623707
                “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
                so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                WDW Trips: '81
                EPCOT Trips: '93
                Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Im still waiting on “Disneyland Goes to the New York World’s Fair” which was supposed to debut two months ago.

Comment

I saw the pre opening show this past weekend...wondering about the mood of the country about Disneyland's opening...probably a lot of curiosity and wonderment...
                    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC1986 View Post
                      Im still waiting on “Disneyland Goes to the New York World’s Fair” which was supposed to debut two months ago.
                      If you are lucky to have the Walt Disney Treasures: Disneyland: Secrets, Stories and Magic DVD set, you can watch it. However, in the meantime...

We need another Walt...and fast!

"It's always more difficult to recover than it is to do the right thing at the beginning" - Tony Baxter,
                      The Imagineering Story, Episode 4 "Hit or Miss"

Comment

Originally posted by whoever View Post
                        Could have done without all the cartoon footage. Half the special was just recycled old shorts, having nothing to do with Disneyland.
                        Yeah, I got a tad bored around that part
                        "Have I gone mad?"
                        "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by Laugh-O-Grams View Post

If you are lucky to have the Walt Disney Treasures: Disneyland: Secrets, Stories and Magic DVD set, you can watch it. However, in the meantime...

I Enjoy my Walt Disney Treasures: DVD
                          Great Enjoyment
                          worth having !
                          Specially the ones with Disneyland
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by whoever View Post
                            Could have done without all the cartoon footage. Half the special was just recycled old shorts, having nothing to do with Disneyland.
                            I skipped it entirely, but I'm sure that at the time they needed to stretch to fill the full hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
                              I skipped it entirely, but I'm sure that at the time they needed to stretch to fill the full hour.
                              Actually, Disney short cartoons were strong ratings-getters at that time. This was before Hanna-Barbera's TV shows, and years before the Saturday Morning cartoon lineups on all three networks. Other than theaters, the only place to see classic Disney shorts was on the Disneyland TV show, and a little later on the Mickey Mouse Club.
                              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                              - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Actually, Disney short cartoons were strong ratings-getters at that time. This was before Hanna-Barbera's TV shows, and years before the Saturday Morning cartoon lineups on all three networks. Other than theaters, the only place to see classic Disney shorts was on the Disneyland TV show, and a little later on the Mickey Mouse Club.
                                Thats interesting. The idea of watching cartoon shorts or the news in movie theaters of course seems weird to us now. To my kids it will seem weird that we ever had to own physical media.

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
                                  Thats interesting. The idea of watching cartoon shorts or the news in movie theaters of course seems weird to us now. To my kids it will seem weird that we ever had to own physical media.
                                  Yep! In the pre-Saturday Morning years, theatrical cartoons were considered general-audience fare, not kiddie material (many of the WB theatrical shorts had to be edited for Saturday Morning TV). Disney's animated shorts were prime family-viewing product back then. When live action and animated shorts were combined on the Disneyland TV show, the live action segment was usually a two-reeler (about 20 minutes), which enabled it to be released as a theatrical short subject overseas.
                                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Yep! In the pre-Saturday Morning years, theatrical cartoons were considered general-audience fare, not kiddie material (many of the WB theatrical shorts had to be edited for Saturday Morning TV). Disney's animated shorts were prime family-viewing product back then. When live action and animated shorts were combined on the Disneyland TV show, the live action segment was usually a two-reeler (about 20 minutes), which enabled it to be released as a theatrical short subject overseas.
                                    Geee
                                    I Remember going to a movies
                                    your got a CARTOON-NEWS REEL- then a MOVIE
                                    Some time a double- Feature
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by stovk View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	POR.JPG
Views:	467
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	8623707