Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rise of The Resistance Should Be Fully Reliable — Right??

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Rise of The Resistance Should Be Fully Reliable — Right??

Rise of The Resistance Should Be Fully Reliable — Right?? They’ve had MONTHS of downtime to get it up and reliably working so when it is time to reopen it’s ready to go full boarding. Agree? Is is open at WDW?

You can find a graph with the delay averages since Hollywood Studios reopened by scrolling down this page:

https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/at...day/ds/default

From the page:

"Delay Averages
    Duration
    Last 7 Delays
    : 0 minutes

All Delays
    : 0 minutes

Frequency
    Last 7 Days
    : 0 delays per day

Since Opening
    : 0 delays per day"

While not a full representation of downtimes and if I'm reading the graph right, it doesn't seem the average daily delay amount is very high. But the park has only been open again for about a week and operating at significantly reduced capacity, along with changes to the boarding group procedure (3 attempts during the day instead of just the one in the morning). If you want different specifics, the site will also let you craft your own graph.
    "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

It should be kept in mind that the resort was not staffed for much of the downtime, so it's not like they've been able to use the time to "get ahead". It's easy to assume the attraction has been running, but it's likely it has not been run many times at all since the shutdown, and certainly not under typical park conditions.

I wouldn't expect a meaningful change in operations when it reopens.
      www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
      -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
      ~Alice Davis

Comment

Its hard to officially gauge the ride yet. If DHS's version is actually doing good, then that can be a promising sign that DL ride's bugs are fixed out or will be fixed soon.

However, both versions have not done away with boarding passes yet, despite DHS at reduced capacity. This means the ride is still running at reduced capacity as standby or Fastpass is not available yet.

Comment

Given my experience with complex machinery, I suspect that a good portion of the rides at DL will have substantially more trouble than they did when they were in operation every day.

Complex machinery does not like to sit idle..........

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
            Given my experience with complex machinery, I suspect that a good portion of the rides at DL will have substantially more trouble than they did when they were in operation every day.

Yep, I have to agree
            That my understanding as well- They end up with more Issue.......
            when machine been in idle for so long!
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post

I unfortunately agree with this too. I’d love for the reopening to be problem free and have it run reliably and well, but if it’s been sitting idle for months, it could have developed new issues.
              Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
              Walt Disney World
              Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
              1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
              2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Its like one of the most ambitious rides ever made....Indy and Racers go down still and those are from "older" ride systems. Its just whats going to happen when you have a peace of tech so advanced

It has a LOT of moving parts
                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

After a week of operations in Florida there are still daily delays of 30-90 minutes, though 60 and under seems more common, according to thrill-data. It's had a couple of really good days (yesterday and one last week) where it barely went down, but pauses still seem as common as when I followed the daily thrill-data report in its opening months.

Today they're changing the virtual queue open reservation times to 10AM and 2PM, instead of the former 10AM, 1PM, and 4PM. Reports from another board reveal that the reservations are going in seconds. Possible causes for further reduced ride capacity: they have the distancing markers in the line cutting standing capacity by 2/3rds and a one-party-per-car policy cutting riders per hour capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post
                    After a week of operations in Florida there are still daily delays of 30-90 minutes, though 60 and under seems more common, according to thrill-data. It's had a couple of really good days (yesterday and one last week) where it barely went down, but pauses still seem as common as when I followed the daily thrill-data report in its opening months.

Today they're changing the virtual queue open reservation times to 10AM and 2PM, instead of the former 10AM, 1PM, and 4PM. Reports from another board reveal that the reservations are going in seconds. Possible causes for further reduced ride capacity: they have the distancing markers in the line cutting standing capacity by 2/3rds and a one-party-per-car policy cutting riders per hour capacity.
                    Ouch. So lets add all things reduced:

1. ROTR relies on Boarding Pass Only. No Standby or Fastpass offered, with there only X amount of BPs and Backup BPs available.

2. ROTR has frequently broken down, and does not guarantee that all BPs or Back up BPs will ride.

3. Disney Hollywood Studios is running at a reduced capacity and requires an additional reservation to enter.

4. Social Distancing policy has reduced ride cars to one party per vehicle.

I have a bad feeling, that if ROTR issues persists and daily ridership does not meet its goals because of restrictions, then they may indefinitely closed the ride.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X