Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerial Imaging of Disneyland

Curious to know how MC is getting the aerial pics of Disneyland. Anybody here have any info ?
    --
    http://www.bewaterwise.com

From the Micecopter!

Comment

Does any one remember ? EARS-FORCE -ONE
      a "MICKEY" Balloon that cross the country and Disney Parks
      I think during early 90's
      Last edited by Eagleman; 07-28-2020, 07:20 PM.
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
        Does any one remember ? EARS-FORCE -ONE
        a "MICKEY" Balloon that cross the country and Disney Parks
        I think during early 90's
        I remember hearing about Ear Force One, although I’ve never seen it in person. I knew about it before my first trip to Walt Disney World in 1988.
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post

I remember hearing about Ear Force One, although I’ve never seen it in person. I knew about it before my first trip to Walt Disney World in 1988.
          I never saw it neither-only in picture's
          so must late 80's.....
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

There are 2 possible ways to get the photos from the air.
            1. they fly along side the restricted air space and take photos, this can be done even when the park is full.
            2. since the park is empty they can get special permission to fly through the restricted air space. There is a you tube video of this happening I do not remember the source.

Comment

Drones
              "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Chadanooga View Post
                From the Micecopter!
                If there is a Micecopter, is it safe to assume there is a Mice-Mobile?

Comment

Magic Carpet ride.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

I am a pilot and have flown over DL. DL is not “restricted” airspace, it has what’s called a Temporary Flight Restriction” (TFR, even though it is permanent). That just means you need to be taking to ATC and they know your intentions to be able to enter that airspace. They won’t let Pilots loiter but crossing overhead below the 300’ TFR ceiling is quite common.

Though the TFR was out in place under the guise of “safety” in reality Disney lobbies for it to prevent banner planes from circling the parks

Drones are also prohibited in that airspace unless they have the proper approvals.

Comment

You could fly a Quadcopter (drone) using FPV (First Person View) take couple of quick passes then leave before they track you pretty easy to be honest. I won't go into details because I do not want t encourage it but I know helicopters are now seen as old school for this sort of thing even big budget movies often use "drones" for filming.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                        You could fly a Quadcopter (drone) using FPV (First Person View) take couple of quick passes then leave before they track you pretty easy to be honest. I won't go into details because I do not want t encourage it but I know helicopters are now seen as old school for this sort of thing even big budget movies often use "drones" for filming.
                        That is if you can override the no fly zone in the app.
                        "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post

That is if you can override the no fly zone in the app.
                          Many have no problem as often they do not have this feature, especially many of the knock off's people have purchased from places like Amazon that shipped direct from China.

Comment

Originally posted by MRaymond View Post
                            Magic Carpet ride.
                            That was very enjoyable. Thanks
                            We need another Walt...and fast!

"It's always more difficult to recover than it is to do the right thing at the beginning" - Tony Baxter,
                            The Imagineering Story, Episode 4 "Hit or Miss"

Comment

Perhaps the Aerial Imagery can cover the bulldozers as they smash through the submarine lagoon in Tomorrowland ! Maybe Disney will put a Tron attraction in Tomorrowland. That would probably be popular.
                              --
                              http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

I hope Disney doesn't put a TRONcoaster in Tomorrowland. As you swoop down in your lightcycle you'll get a sweeping view of Fantasyland and Harbor boulevard. To keep people outside the park from seeing the riders a massive ugly wall will need to be constructed or more 'scream tubes'. Let Florida have TRON and come up with something original for Disneyland (for a change).
                                Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X