X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JerrodDRagon
    replied
    Originally posted by TacAlert View Post

And I will be there for any food event. Just like the Taste of Calico and going to the Taste of Knotts also. People know how to take care of themselves as we saw at Knotts and employees weren't having to police anyone. They realize, just like at DTD, especially inside the Disney store, that you can't keep people 6 feet apart from each other. People are there to have fun. Which I did and believe you did also.
    My only note of concern with Disney is...while the CM's were doing a good job...just soooo many people showed up at DTD when I was there. It could be hard if they don't really police some people in Disneyland...DCA should be fine the walkways are huge.
    But Disney much either think they won't make enough money to want to reopen for events or the union is stopping them. Which makes sense many of which make more now than they do working

Leave a comment:

• bayouguy
    replied
    to be absolutely safe, summer of 2021...pandemics are serious pieces of nature...

Leave a comment:

• TacAlert
    replied
    Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

I think for sure the parks with normal day tickets being sold wont be until next year.....which sucks for Disney because after going to DTD the demand is there but they can't open. I'm just so surprised they have not made a food event yet I'm sure they could get 50+ bucks per person and sell out on Merch....so would bring in a good amount of cash and not have to have rides open
    And I will be there for any food event. Just like the Taste of Calico and going to the Taste of Knotts also. People know how to take care of themselves as we saw at Knotts and employees weren't having to police anyone. They realize, just like at DTD, especially inside the Disney store, that you can't keep people 6 feet apart from each other. People are there to have fun. Which I did and believe you did also.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied
    Originally posted by jish5555 View Post
    It's something I was bringing up months ago when it wasn't so bad and people all over were demanding the parks be re-open, where I brought up that if we open too fast, we will be hitting multiple shutdowns lasting months at a time. At this point, until the numbers truly start to decline without massive spikes for over a month, then I can see a potential time for the parks to fully re-open, but for now, I can see, based on how things are being handled, we may not see Disneyland re-open until march-july of 2021.
    I think for sure the parks with normal day tickets being sold wont be until next year.....which sucks for Disney because after going to DTD the demand is there but they can't open. I'm just so surprised they have not made a food event yet I'm sure they could get 50+ bucks per person and sell out on Merch....so would bring in a good amount of cash and not have to have rides open

Leave a comment:

• oceanbreeze77
    replied
    Originally posted by jish5555 View Post
    It's something I was bringing up months ago when it wasn't so bad and people all over were demanding the parks be re-open, where I brought up that if we open too fast, we will be hitting multiple shutdowns lasting months at a time. At this point, until the numbers truly start to decline without massive spikes for over a month, then I can see a potential time for the parks to fully re-open, but for now, I can see, based on how things are being handled, we may not see Disneyland re-open until march-july of 2021.
    I agree with that estimate

Leave a comment:

• jish5555
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied
    Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
    FYI for everyone, as of today:
    Day 145 of Disneyland and DCA Shutdown
    Day 142* of DLR Hotels Shutdown

*I did not count Monday March 16th as 'closed', as the DLR hotels were still technically open, before all hotel guests were checked out.
    I remember when Disneyland gloated about only closing like 5 days....now its over 100 days

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    FYI for everyone, as of today:
    Day 145 of Disneyland and DCA Shutdown
    Day 142* of DLR Hotels Shutdown

*I did not count Monday March 16th as 'closed', as the DLR hotels were still technically open, before all hotel guests were checked out.
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 08-05-2020, 02:43 PM. Reason: Grammar, Grammar, Grammar

Leave a comment:

• MychaelP
    replied
    Originally posted by Rammikin View Post

If a year from now the pandemic is still flourishing, trust me, Disneyland will be the least of your worries.
    That's a good point, especially considering there are not reliable results for how long antibodies stay in the blood.

Leave a comment:

• MychaelP
    replied
    If Disney keeps things closed the lost money is really just what's needed to keep them "ready", it's not the full amount they are discussing. That's comparing what they would "expect" make with what they are making. Maybe the CEO can omit his pay for awhile. I'm sure he can afford it.

Leave a comment:

• Rammikin
    replied
    Originally posted by UltimateSurvivor View Post
    I know it feels farfetched, but what type of scenario might result in one or both CA parks remaining closed for good? If people refuse to take COVID seriously and refuse to amend their habits to help reduce the spread, then the governor will never see the data he needs to support the parks reopening. If the parks are closed for more than a year, and COVID is still a real enough issue that visiting the parks comes with such heavy restrictions that it's more trouble than it's worth, then is this something that could potentially happen? I would be devastated for sure.
    If a year from now the pandemic is still flourishing, trust me, Disneyland will be the least of your worries.

Leave a comment:

• tarheelalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Rammikin View Post
    I wonder what the revenue numbers look like at WDW. They're losing money by opening in Florida, I'm sure. But are they losing more or less money than if they had remained closed?
    Per Disney's shareholder meeting yesterday, they are currently making a profit at WDW.

At Walt Disney World, we are achieving our objective of driving a positive net contribution at current attendance levels, and we expect demand will grow when the COVID situation in Florida improves.

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-t...ranscript.aspx

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied
    Originally posted by TacAlert View Post

Whatever day they open, I am there. I was there a couple days before they closed and the crowds were manageable and I enjoyed the park.
    I'll be there on weekdays for sure....my plan is to take work off on a Tuesday and just walk onto everything
    I'll still avoid weekends unless I have an AP and just go for the morning hours

Leave a comment:

• TacAlert
    replied
    Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

On Weekends both Disney and Universal Parls are good on crowds.....it's only weekdays they are lacking. Also Disneyland is a different beast because of APs, I'm sure if they opened here we'd see DCA and Disneyland beat WDW on attendance because of the locals
    Whatever day they open, I am there. I was there a couple days before they closed and the crowds were manageable and I enjoyed the park.

Leave a comment:

• YellowTugStrap
    replied
    Originally posted by UltimateSurvivor View Post
    I know it feels farfetched, but what type of scenario might result in one or both CA parks remaining closed for good? If people refuse to take COVID seriously and refuse to amend their habits to help reduce the spread, then the governor will never see the data he needs to support the parks reopening. If the parks are closed for more than a year, and COVID is still a real enough issue that visiting the parks comes with such heavy restrictions that it's more trouble than it's worth, then is this something that could potentially happen? I would be devastated for sure.
    Ahhh! Don't scare me like that! I know Disney is struggling, but I think they have enough money to keep Disneyland afloat. It may be closed for awhile because I know some people in California aren't being careful, maybe up to a year (we're crossing the 6-month mark soon with no opening in sight), but all we can do is wait. If things start turning around soon, I think it will open up for the Holiday season!

Leave a comment:

• UltimateSurvivor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Golden Zephyr
    replied
    We know some people who flew (private SNA-ISM) to WDW and were there a few days after reopening and they had a lot of fun, but were in awe of the emptiness of the park. They were staggered by the sheer vastness of it all, and wondered the same thing, that Disney must be losing money by keeping open.

They thought like some others on this board, that it was to keep interest in the parks. One of the concerns is that the longer the parks are closed, the more changes in behavior become ingrained and that people will be less inclined to go to theme parks in general in the future as they will have moved on to other forms of entertainment.
    Last edited by Golden Zephyr; 08-04-2020, 05:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oceanbreeze77
    replied
    We are heading towards unprecedented times.

Leave a comment:

• oceanbreeze77
    replied
    Originally posted by Blurr View Post
    I had read from an "insider" on another site that Disney is in fact losing money keeping the WDW parks open. According to this person and supposedly, the reason for operating at a loss for the time being is apparently to try and instill confidence in future bookings. In other words, they are claiming Disney is open at a loss right now but hopes that in doing so and being able to maintain it, visitors will see that the parks have been open, are remaining open and hopefully, without any connection to massive COVID outbreaks so they'll book rooms and trips. A lose money now to make money later mindset. Sort of a.. "Hey, see? Things are fine!" kind of deal.

Take that statement with a grain of salt. I have nothing to back up this supposed insider or their statements other than what they have said themselves.
    I read it too....I believe it, but that strategy won't fly in CA. You can get away with a whole lot more in FL.

Leave a comment:

• Blurr
    replied
    I had read from an "insider" on another site that Disney is in fact losing money keeping the WDW parks open. According to this person and supposedly, the reason for operating at a loss for the time being is apparently to try and instill confidence in future bookings. In other words, they are claiming Disney is open at a loss right now but hopes that in doing so and being able to maintain it, visitors will see that the parks have been open, are remaining open and hopefully, without any connection to massive COVID outbreaks so they'll book rooms and trips. A lose money now to make money later mindset. Sort of a.. "Hey, see? Things are fine!" kind of deal.

Take that statement with a grain of salt. I have nothing to back up this supposed insider or their statements other than what they have said themselves.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X