Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• left or right side for the matterhorn

With all of the things being discussed lets have some fun. What side of the Matterhorn do you like to ride on? I've always liked the left side. I think it's faster. Anybody?

Left side here too!
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    Walt Disney World
    Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Thinking I prefer the left.

Comment

RIGHT-I'm always rightlol
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

If we’re looking at the loading, then the right. As I recall, the left side is too rough.
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Left, since its a mored varied layout compared to the mostly smooth right side.

Last time I was able to ride both sides back to back(via single rider), which made the ride even more fun!

Comment

Originally posted by jsuperk View Post
              With all of the things being discussed lets have some fun. What side of the Matterhorn do you like to ride on? I've always liked the left side. I think it's faster. Anybody?
              Yup..definitely agree with you here. Just to confirm, your referring to the "left side" TomorrowLand side (by the subs) correct?

Comment

Depends on the time of day.
                “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
                so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                WDW Trips: '81
                EPCOT Trips: '93
                Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

I like the right side.

Comment

One of each.

But we've always believed that the 'Tomorrowland side' is longer and faster. That belief goes back to the '60s and I WILL NOT BE MOVED!!!!
                    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by stovk View Post
                      Depends on the time of day.
                      Matterhorn at night is always recommended, in my opinion.

Comment

I don’t ride often enough to notice a difference, I guess for me it’s a tie.
                        I also like to ride early in the morning, may be less thrilling than at night but I like the cool air and sunshine that time of day. Good conditions for enjoying an outdoor coaster on a fake mountain.

Comment

The left or Tomorrowland side for me. It has that one drop half way through the ride...on the left side you jump out of your seat but not on the right, feels faster on the left.

I just always asked to go left if I could
                          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Right side. Only the right side. For ever and ever more, the Right. Side.

The reason: as a grade school kid when the Matterhorn was new, the screams echoing from the left side sounded enormously more terrified than the right side. I mean Night-of-the-Living-Dead-Eat-Your-Brains terror (remember, this was before Six Flags). Making it worse, a friend staggered out of the exit, shaky, trembling, looking like he was going to puke, stammering: "Don't ride the left side! Don't ride the left side! Left side? DEATH!" That sealed the deal -- I procrastinated getting on either side, using the excuse that I didn't have enough E Tickets. I didn't ride the Matterhorn until high school, and then it was only the right side.

It wasn't until college that my friend confessed he'd been bs'ing me. But by then it was too late -- Left Side Terror had been indelibly imprinted on my brain. To this day, all I know is...

Left Side = Death

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                              Right side. Only the right side. For ever and ever more, the Right. Side.

The reason: as a grade school kid when the Matterhorn was new, the screams echoing from the left side sounded enormously more terrified than the right side.
                              It's old school -growing up
                              On the Matterhorn, I been told by many Cast Members that the right is better.......
                              and I also believe that being true.
                              But - same tokens
                              I also look and see which side had the shortest line

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Right I think....the side by Alice.

Comment

Whichever side has a shorter line

Comment

What a gas! I didn't count but i think the left side is more popular so far. come on right side

Comment

One can see more Disneyland on the Right Side................
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The right side affords a better view of Harold's hoard (or in previous years, the crystals).
                                        Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X