Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think disney can do to bring people back to the park?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think disney can do to bring people back to the park?

I think bands or singers. If you look at Disney's past they use to have bands entertainers of all kinds. And the place was packed..

Disney could resurrect the Beatles for all I care and I won't go back to the parks until we get the virus under control.

Regardless, I don't think Disneyland needs to do much to get its core base of APs back into the parks at the numbers they want, if DTD is any indication. It'll have a harder time getting day ticket entries, I think, until the virus is contained or we have a vaccine (both, preferably).

Comment

You mean when they reopen? They aren't going to have to do a gosh-darn thing. People are more than anxious for the parks to reopen and will be heading back in droves.

DL doesn't need musical entertainment to pack the parks, they're already packed to the gills. Music is a nice addition, but it's not that big of a 'draw'. Now, back in the 'old days' they would have 'name' bands at TL Terrace that would draw a crowd. But back then admission was more reasonable so people would pay to get in (admission only, no ticket books) just to hear the band and dance the night away. People aren't going to pay DL prices just to hear a band.
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
        You mean when they reopen? They aren't going to have to do a gosh-darn thing. People are more than anxious for the parks to reopen and will be heading back in droves.

DL doesn't need musical entertainment to pack the parks, they're already packed to the gills. Music is a nice addition, but it's not that big of a 'draw'. Now, back in the 'old days' they would have 'name' bands at TL Terrace that would draw a crowd. But back then admission was more reasonable so people would pay to get in (admission only, no ticket books) just to hear the band and dance the night away. People aren't going to pay DL prices just to hear a band.
        I agree. Lack of Guests isn't Disney's problem, especially when they eventually get to reopen.
        “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
        so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
        WDW Trips: '81
        EPCOT Trips: '93
        Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Yeah, all Disney needs to do is wait. Once people feel safe, they'll go.
          "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

When they reopen the local AP holders will go no matter what but most of the out of town tourists won't return for some time. Whether it be concerns of the virus, or not wanting to wear a mask, or their personal economic situation, I don't see most of that crowd coming back for a couple of years.

Comment

Free $100 bills.

In all seriousness, when DL & DCA reopen, I can see TDA marketing the crud out of Avengers Campus and Galaxy's Edge (again) to bring
              tourists back. I see them also adding limited time events to the parks, to entice locals to make frequent return trips.

Originally posted by waltography View Post
              Disney could resurrect the Beatles for all I care and I won't go back to the parks until we get the virus under control.
              Disney is actually planning that, as they are releasing Peter Jackson's Beatles Documentary, The Beatles: Get Back, next summer.

Comment

Let us reenact Pinocchio tearing up Pleasure Island with Galaxy's Edge.

Comment

Do you honestly think they will need to do anything to get people into the parks once open? My guess is they will be at "capacity" every day.

Comment

They don't have to do anything...I bet even if they didn't have a good event just a walk around the park event they could sell out for 30-50 bucks a ticket.....just to let people walk around that's how despite people are to do things
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I’ll be interested to see how DLR compares to WDW. The latters reopening has been tepid at best, and then releasing days for CMs and more days for local APs is pretty indicative of the low numbers they’ve gotten.

Comment

Open.
                        "Have I gone mad?"
                        "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Offer a new popcorn bucket with attaching face shield!

Comment

great answers. However if you look at the attendance at most of the parks(not just Disney) their attendance is off despite the restrictions.

Comment

I'm not so sure that it's a given that Park attendance will be through the roof even once restrictions are lifted. A lot of people are going through a Disney detox right now and as Eagleman has said many times before, there's more to life than Disney. While our family loves the park and have been Signature Plus pass holders for quite some time, we too are considering alternatives.

We will probably renew our passes, at least for now, yet the nature of this crisis has caused a lot of existential reflection and our priorities have shifted.

A lot people's decisions will also be what life will look like in a vaccine world. If a vaccine allows a return to a greater level of normalcy then I think things will be okay for Disney. however if we're in a very prolonged highly restrictive social distancing world I see a rocky future for any type of large entertainment venue including the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
                                I'm not so sure that it's a given that Park attendance will be through the roof even once restrictions are lifted. A lot of people are going through a Disney detox right now and as Eagleman has said many times before, there's more to life than Disney. While our family loves the park and have been Signature Plus pass holders for quite some time, we too are considering alternatives.

We will probably renew our passes, at least for now, yet the nature of this crisis has caused a lot of existential reflection and our priorities have shifted.

A lot people's decisions will also be what life will look like in a vaccine world. If a vaccine allows a return to a greater level of normalcy then I think things will be okay for Disney. however if we're in a very prolonged highly restrictive social distancing world I see a rocky future for any type of large entertainment venue including the parks.
                                Golden Zephyr -long time no see , my Friend !
                                "Well I HOPE".......
                                YEP ,I fine it true also - existential reflection and my priorities have shifted
                                as well......and Like you ,I sure ,I'm keeping tab in O.C.
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad View Post
                                  Offer a new popcorn bucket with attaching face shield!
                                  LOL that probably is one of their ideas. But not just a face shield, it will be a deluxe face shield with mouse ears attached and it will cost 65 dollars, with no AP discount. It will sell out in 1 hour and be listed on Ebay that day for 150 plus shipping!!

Comment

it's out of Disney's hands. it is up to the people of southern California to get their act together and stop spreading the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

Disney is actually planning that, as they are releasing Peter Jackson's Beatles Documentary, The Beatles: Get Back, next summer.
                                      Several years ago in Disney World they had a Beatles cover band at the UK pavilion in Epcot. It was a real highlight of those trips.

Comment

I don't think in Anaheim they will have an issue with attendance at all once they open.
                                        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                        My company had a special night at the park
                                        WdW trip report with WWoHP
                                        NYE 2011 trip report
                                        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                                        Leap year 24 hour report
                                        New DCA trip report
                                        NYE 2012
                                        HKDL trip report

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X