Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway Construction Halted

According to Forbes, Disney has temporarily stopped construction of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, with construction not set to resume until after Disneyland reopens.

So a 2023 ride opening then?
    During Disney’s closure it’s estimated that the business lost an estimated $1 billion in operating income because of the worldwide theme park closures during the quarter.
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 08-03-2020, 09:25 PM. Reason: Incorrectly said 'reopening'.

I mean makes sense, the ride won't be needed to draw people in...people are waiting in line just to shop at the Disney Store in DTD.

People will be just happy to be back and Snow White should have its upgrade done within the first year of reopening so they can kinda use that as the "new" attraction if they really need to along with Marvel land
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
      I mean makes sense, the ride won't be needed to draw people in...people are waiting in line just to shop at the Disney Store in DTD.

People will be just happy to be back and Snow White should have its upgrade done within the first year of reopening so they can kinda use that as the "new" attraction if they really need to along with Marvel land
      For the first year, Disneyland itself will be the “new” attraction.

personally, I’d rather they put projects on hold for a while rather than cut budgets and end up with lesser attractions in the long run.
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Kind of sad about this one, I would have liked to see this ride open as planned. Who knows how long on hiatus for now.

I actually hope there isn't too much pent up demand, otherwise, it will just allow Disney to further relax quality standards, figuring if people will pay for lesser, then give them what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

Has Marvel land officially halted construction? I heard they started it up again but It may have stopped again.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowTugStrap View Post

Has Marvel land officially halted construction? I heard they started it up again but It may have stopped again.
            No. According to Bob Weiss, Avengers Campus is far enough in the project, where work can still be done despite the closure. MMRR just broke ground, with only some steel being installed.

However, I think the E ticket Avengers Ride will be shelved indefinitely.

Comment

I was really looking forward to this, but at least there is one at Hollywood Studios.

Comment

Maybe it will be postponed long enough for the new/ugly Mickey and friends redesigns to pass from fashion and we'll get the classic characters.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowTugStrap View Post

It stopped for a while the land was suppose to be open in July....even if your like it was going to be delayed we are past July and the Cement for the land hasn't been put in yet....so my guess is it will be finished around Christmas time....and only way we will see it is if we get a food event

I will bet almost anything the CA parks don't open with rides anytime this year
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post
                    Maybe it will be postponed long enough for the new/ugly Mickey and friends redesigns to pass from fashion and we'll get the classic characters.
                    I like the look of the new character from this ride, Chuuby.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5qBTwlAPPX/
                    Last edited by Sun Bonnet; 08-05-2020, 09:34 AM. Reason: photo credit
                    "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

Micechat reported today that construction is still ongoing. Maybe they took a break for a couple of days.

Comment

I'm not shocked, especially with how far off the ride was from opening. Avengers Campus, the Haunted Mansion, Snow White, and the Carousal are most likely still being worked on and may be finished before the parks re-open.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post
                          I so totally agree. The animation 'style' of the new characters looks more like the style of Ren and Stimpy than any classic animation ever used by Disney.
                          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Hope the stoppage is only temporary and it will open next year. I am actually looking more forward to this than Marvel Campus now that the E-ticket has been tabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                              Hope the stoppage is only temporary and it will open next year. I am actually looking more forward to this than Marvel Campus now that the E-ticket has been tabled.
                              MMRR wont open until 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

At the earliest.

Comment

Attraction in hiatus - still would be in few years .......
                                  Disney be happy just to get the park open
                                  which is still in limbo
                                  IMO
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

Glad I'm going to WDW in 2021!! lol
                                    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Now it's officially 2023 for the opening date, from the Disneyland president.

Comment

Originally posted by Namrepus View Post
                                        Now it's officially 2023 for the opening date, from the Disneyland president.
                                        Hopefully the over all Toon Town ,would also be clean up, by then !
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X