Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking North for Reopening Answers: Space Needle

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking North for Reopening Answers: Space Needle

    The Space Needle has found a high tech answer to the Coronavirus problem. Far UV-C light kills the virus both in the air and on the visitors. How could Disney use this to not only reopen the parks, but also make them one of the safest public places anyone can visit? Between this and electrostatic disinfectants that stick to surfaces for days and weeks - not only would Coronavirus not be a threat to the park and its guests, but neither would any other germ or virus.

    https://www.geekwire.com/2020/inside...afe-reopening/

  • #2
    The Space Needle also claimed they would bring back their rotating restaurant after renovations.

    And that was 3 years ago.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ClownLoach View Post
      ...How could Disney use this to not only reopen the parks, but also make them one of the safest public places anyone can visit? Between this and electrostatic disinfectants that stick to surfaces for days and weeks - not only would Coronavirus not be a threat to the park and its guests, but neither would any other germ or virus.
      That would be a great solution -- if Disney wanted to spend the money. The article says the expenditure for the Space Needle was $1 million. For just the Space Needle. Imagine the cost for all the attractions and restaurants in the DLR and WDW.

      And then, there's this:

      Disney reports nearly $5 billion loss

      "Walt Disney Co. suffered a major decline in earnings in its third fiscal quarter, illustrating the severe damage dealt to the world’s most powerful entertainment company by the COVID-19 pandemic, which has kept Disneyland closed, cratered global tourism and delayed movie releases for months.

      The Burbank entertainment giant posted a net loss of $4.72 billion for the three months that ended in June, Disney said Tuesday. That’s compared with the $1.43 billion in net income the company reported for the same period in 2019."


      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

      - Walt Disney

      "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

      "It's very symbiotic."
      - Bob Chapek

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

        That would be a great solution -- if Disney wanted to spend the money. The article says the expenditure for the Space Needle was $1 million. For just the Space Needle. Imagine the cost for all the attractions and restaurants in the DLR and WDW.

        And then, there's this:

        Disney reports nearly $5 billion loss

        "Walt Disney Co. suffered a major decline in earnings in its third fiscal quarter, illustrating the severe damage dealt to the world’s most powerful entertainment company by the COVID-19 pandemic, which has kept Disneyland closed, cratered global tourism and delayed movie releases for months.

        The Burbank entertainment giant posted a net loss of $4.72 billion for the three months that ended in June, Disney said Tuesday. That’s compared with the $1.43 billion in net income the company reported for the same period in 2019."

        BUT at the Same time trying to grab $30 , for a movie on Disney+
        ( that one all ready pay a Subscription fee for )
        Yep that helps the Consumer?
        Last edited by Eagleman; 08-05-2020, 03:26 PM.
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

          BUT at the Same time trying to grab $30 , for a movie on Disney+
          ( that one all ready pay a Subscription fee for )
          Yep that helps the Consumer?
          I had to google what you were referring to. $30 for live-action Mulan? Are they insane?
          "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sun Bonnet View Post
            I had to google what you were referring to. $30 for live-action Mulan? Are they insane?
            As screwball-greedy as it sounds, they apparently think people will pay it. And since Disney doesn't release their Disney+ ratings numbers, there will be no way of knowing how many subscribers fork over the $30.

            There's a thread about it here in the Disney Media Networks and TV Industry Discussion forum. (Warning: Be sure to have an empty barf bag handy -- there's a link in the OP to some Chapek quotes that'll make you lose your lunch.)
            "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
            designed to appeal to everyone."

            - Walt Disney

            "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
            - Michael Eisner

            "It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

              As screwball-greedy as it sounds, they apparently think people will pay it. And since Disney doesn't release their Disney+ ratings numbers, there will be no way of knowing how many subscribers fork over the $30.

              There's a thread about it here in the Disney Media Networks and TV Industry Discussion forum. (Warning: Be sure to have an empty barf bag handy -- there's a link in the OP to some Chapek quotes that'll make you lose your lunch.)
              Yep- Disney is still on the road of greed !>
              Disney is not going to spend more money , than they have to - for Heath safety, in there parks

              imo
              Last edited by Eagleman; 08-05-2020, 05:52 PM.
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sun Bonnet View Post

                I had to google what you were referring to. $30 for live-action Mulan? Are they insane?
                Disney has no idea what it's doing with 'Mulan'
                “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
                so many years of our own lives.”


                DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                WDW Trips: '81
                EPCOT Trips: '93
                Tokyo DL Trips: '86

                Comment

                Get Away Today Footer

                Collapse
                Working...
                X