Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

State of the park?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Other] State of the park?

    At the beginning of the closure, someone posted that the park was in a sad state: excessive bird poo, starving ducks and cats, and being overrun by rodents. The poster said that someone was going to feed the ducks. Does anybody know anything or have any insider scoop?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Legofan101 View Post
    At the beginning of the closure, someone posted that the park was in a sad state: excessive bird poo, starving ducks and cats, and being overrun by rodents. The poster said that someone was going to feed the ducks. Does anybody know anything or have any insider scoop?
    and one got to wonder
    the state in the show buildings as well ?
    Being close up for so long ......that enough to keep me away , for long time as well !
    IMO it is added more heath concern....?
    Last edited by Eagleman; 08-12-2020, 09:30 PM.
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

    Comment


    • #3
      I am wanting to know the same thing, particularly regarding the wildlife . I would assume the cats would eat the rodents, since that is part of their purpose for being there, but is anyone putting extra food in the various feeding stations ? . With the ducks I would assume they can survive with out guests , because ducks survive in waterways all over the globe , without the assistance of humans feeding them . However I don’t how long ducks live ..maybe the older ducks are so used to handouts that they are having trouble with out the constant guest feeding ..anyone with any info ? I would truly hope Disneyland is taking at least minimal care of the various wildlife

      Comment


      • #4
        In my opinion, the ducks, geese, etc. are a pretty serious biohazard and likely cost DL a pretty penny to clean up after. They can go elsewhere and not return......

        I imagine that with no one dropping crumbs anymore, the rodent population has decreased but at the same time, I bet DL is feeding the cats a bit more. They are useful, the fowl is not.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by micromind View Post
          In my opinion, the ducks, geese, etc. are a pretty serious biohazard and likely cost DL a pretty penny to clean up after. They can go elsewhere and not return......

          I imagine that with no one dropping crumbs anymore, the rodent population has decreased but at the same time, I bet DL is feeding the cats a bit more. They are useful, the fowl is not.
          Geee = Got to watch out for Bilge Rats lol
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
            Geee = Got to watch out for Bilge Rats lol
            Yes, those are the worst.......lol.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by micromind View Post

              Yes, those are the worst.......lol.
              lol ,
              I have friend ,who a world class Bilge Rat
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

              Comment


              • #8
                Oh no! The poor little animals this hurts my heart so much. Disney knows of all these animals significance (especially the ducks!) and I hope they start taking care of the daily. If they won't, I will GLADLY stroll around Disneyland feeding the ducks all day! For free!!! Take it or leave it Mickey!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

                  lol ,
                  I have friend ,who a world class Bilge Rat
                  Gee, I wonder who that might be........lol.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by YellowTugStrap View Post
                    Oh no! The poor little animals this hurts my heart so much. Disney knows of all these animals significance (especially the ducks!) and I hope they start taking care of the daily. If they won't, I will GLADLY stroll around Disneyland feeding the ducks all day! For free!!! Take it or leave it Mickey!
                    As long as you clean up after them too.......

                    Actually, I'm pretty sure you would.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by micromind View Post

                      As long as you clean up after them too.......

                      Actually, I'm pretty sure you would.
                      Don't be sure of that?lol
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I don't remember where I read it, but I did read that someone was replenishing the feeding stations for the cats.

                        As far as the feathered 'guests' go, it's probably too late for it, but I wish Disney would institute a 'no feeding' policy. The junk people throw to them isn't healthy for them. Either that or put feed machines out like I remember seeing at the LA Arboretum in Arcadia. 10 cents for a handful of corn.
                        "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

                        Comment

                        Get Away Today Footer

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X