Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Your Disneyland Guilty Pleasure

I've been thinking a lot about what makes me happy in an effort to cheer up, and I thought about some of my dumb guilty pleasures in the park.

I know it's not a staple, but I love going to the Stage Door Cafe, ordering a chicken wrap, and then sitting near Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and listening to the train sfx play close by while I eat.

I also love sipping cocktails in the Lamplight Lounge and watching the Incredicoaster speed up the first hill. I miss these small things! Please share yours so maybe one day I can have a try at it.

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
    I've been thinking a lot about what makes me happy in an effort to cheer up, and I thought about some of my dumb guilty pleasures in the park.

I know it's not a staple, but I love going to the Stage Door Cafe, ordering a chicken wrap, and then sitting near Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and listening to the train sfx play close by while I eat.

I also love sipping cocktails in the Lamplight Lounge and watching the Incredicoaster speed up the first hill. I miss these small things! Please share yours so maybe one day I can have a try at it.
    Well
    I would not call it ,nor feel it is dumb guilty pleasures in the park.
    Sharing simple thing of life should be enjoy.........
    If it having a chicken wrap - listening to the train
    or for me have a dill pickle with a drink on Tom Sawyer Island
    watching the river boats go by on the River of America.
    Small things of Life.....can be a Treasure.

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Staying onsite, specifically at the Grand. It's overpriced and I feel guilty knowing I could stay somewhere just as nice for less money (and probably not much further a walk). But it's a guilty pleasure that really makes my spirit happy.

As far as IN the parks? Nothing I do in the parks can ever make me feel guilty. (I do obey the rules)

Ok, ok. Buying a Dooney as a souvenir. There, happy now?
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
        Staying onsite, specifically at the Grand. It's overpriced and I feel guilty knowing I could stay somewhere just as nice for less money (and probably not much further a walk). But it's a guilty pleasure that really makes my spirit happy.

As far as IN the parks? Nothing I do in the parks can ever make me feel guilty. (I do obey the rules)

Ok, ok. Buying a Dooney as a souvenir. There, happy now?
        Longs one goes and obey the rules....
        Life should be enjoy fully
        One needs take time out and Enjoy and Smell the Flowers
        also watch the the Butter Fly's
        There so much to be Happy about !
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

For me, it’s the simplest of things:

A Frozen Banana

Every trip, I have made sure to get at least one of these delicious treats, and every time I eat one (after the usual wait of 5 min for it to thaw enough to actually eat), it really brings me back to when I was a kid. I have a photo of myself from either my first or second trip back in the 80’s eating one outside of The River Belle Terrace, and I think of that kid, and all the adventures he’s (I’ve) had in the park over the decades every time I get to enjoy that same frozen banana.
          Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
          Walt Disney World
          Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
          1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
          2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
            For me, it’s the simplest of things:

A Frozen Banana

Every trip, I have made sure to get at least one of these delicious treats, and every time I eat one (after the usual wait of 5 min for it to thaw enough to actually eat), it really brings me back to when I was a kid. I have a photo of myself from either my first or second trip back in the 80’s eating one outside of The River Belle Terrace, and I think of that kid, and all the adventures he’s (I’ve) had in the park over the decades every time I get to enjoy that same frozen banana.

It’s the simplest of things: I enjoy the most

"mmmmm" I remember , my first Frozen Banana
            Last edited by Eagleman; 08-12-2020, 06:09 PM.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The smell of the morning dew in the air, getting hot chocolate and watching the Christmas Parade, Walking out of Indy temple at night, seeing the fireworks/part of fantasmic from splash
              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Simple pleasure. Taking longer than I should to eat my food at the Hungry Bear and watching the Mark Twain go by (several times)
                Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Sitting in The Zocalo, watching the trains from Big Thunder go past while I eat.
                  Watching the river from Hungry Bear.
                  Waiting for the “good” train to ride the Disneyland Railroad. (FYI, the good train would be one where you sit facing to the side, rather than facing front.)
                  Looking at my ride photo on the tv monitor, but not buying it.
                  Dole Whip
                  Seeing all the ducklings in the Spring.
                  A relaxing ride on Storybookland Canal Boats, listening really hard to hear the recordings from the miniatures.
                  A ride on the canoes, but not rowing. (Well, maybe a little.)
                  Not paying any attention to my diet that day.
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

The park bench (anywhere in the parks) is one of my favorite rides! Watching people having fun exploring, or racing to their favorite ride, or strolling along with their frozen bananas or churros or whatever. I like pin-trading, so when someone else with pins comes along, that's the real fun for me. I love talking to other guests about our shared passions.

Also,(my unpopular opinion): Critter Country lol. I love Pooh, and maybe Splash Mountain itself is a guilty pleasure itself now. It's a peaceful corner of the park, and sometimes that's just what I need The music from the Pooh ride is my go-to when I have a song I don't like stuck in my head

Comment

Love the topic...makes me go to my Happy place.

For me...its walking down Main Street first thing in the morning, grabbing a Starbucks and sipping my delicious coffee while taking in all the sights/sounds of our beloved park :-)
                      Also having a cocktail..or two :-) at Carthy Circle

Comment

I love to ride the Astro Orbiter at night, specifically during the Main Street Electrical Parade. Fun music and a great view.

My other favorite place to enjoy the view of the MSEP is from the Jolly Holiday.

We love pin trading and while we don't set up shop, we enjoy talking and trading with those who do in Frontierland. We greatly appreciate those pin traders who spend their time in the park on those benches so if you are one of them, thank you, thank you.

We also collect those mystery box minis. My husband tried so hard to get the bonus cat lady from the Haunted Mansion set. The Disneyana store by the front gate usually has a trading box or two that you can trade for, but he kept missing that last one.

English or Churro Toffee - both are good! Also love their peanut butter and chocolate fudge thing.
                        "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

Mickey Beignets. They are not as good as Jazz Kitchen, but I love the shape and it’s more fun to eat (Start with the ears).
                          Your false dichotomy bores me.

Comment

Well, if it's a guilty pleasure, mine would be going to the parks after work to unwind for a few hours. No family, just me. Sometimes I don't even ride anything. I'll just walk through the parks, and maybe grab a table in Galaxy's Edge or even just a bench on Main Street and relax. If I do ride, it'll often be something like the Matterhorn because I can go single rider. The best part: My family understands my occasional need to unwind after work and is totally cool with this. But I still feel a little guilty when they're not with me.

Comment

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh in DL and Goofy's Sky School in DCA. Sorry not sorry.
                              "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Originally posted by MrGoat View Post
                                Also,(my unpopular opinion): Critter Country lol. I love Pooh, and maybe Splash Mountain itself is a guilty pleasure itself now. It's a peaceful corner of the park, and sometimes that's just what I need The music from the Pooh ride is my go-to when I have a song I don't like stuck in my head
                                Funny enough, I distinctly remember Critter Country having a bench where I could not find any elsewhere! It was a very peaceful spot to sit and sketch the crowds.

Comment

The Lego Store, ever since it opened nearly 2 decades ago.

Churrros. Despite the Even Stevens quote of '"Its just fried dough", I noticed I still have to get one.

Jungle Cruise. Even though I know that it can be a bit corny, I still have a good time.

Merchandise, Merchandise, Merchandise. Instead of looking at your bank statement after your trip, just burn it up.

Comment

Take A ROUND TRIP
                                    WALT DISNEY- MAGIC KINGDOM
                                    on the Disneyland Railroad.......and just relax and Enjoy........
                                    (long before ,I figure were ,I want get off....)
                                    "ALL ABOARD"
                                    Last edited by Eagleman; 08-13-2020, 03:53 PM.
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Fudge from the Candy Palace. For some reason I have to pick up some late at night. The smell just transports me back to my childhood.
                                      We need another Walt...and fast!

"It's always more difficult to recover than it is to do the right thing at the beginning" - Tony Baxter,
                                      The Imagineering Story, Episode 4 "Hit or Miss"

Comment

When I went with my boyfriend, I realized how many lame guilty pleasures I have! I'll admit, I'm a sucker for the art of animation building. I love to take the drawing class, take the character quiz (where did Ursula go?), and watch the occasional Turtle Talk. Even just sitting n there and watching the Disney slide show is nice, not to mention I love the art in the gift shop! I'm also a big sucker for the bread tour, I miss the original and the tortilla tour next door quite a bit. At least we get delicious chocolate samples now! Finally, I'm a big sucker for the toontown houses. I hope they get a facelift when Runaway Railway opens, but I just think they're so cute! They were fun to explore and play in as a kid, and I like noticing the fun details now that I'm older.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X