Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D23 Expo 2021... when will it be. Will it be in 2022? Or normal time as or August?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D23 Expo 2021... when will it be. Will it be in 2022? Or normal time as or August?

Or 2023? and just skip a year. There probably is no use because the 50th anniversary of Disney World will be in its celebration, money lost from COVID-19 park shutdown will make management want to push of new attractions for a few years. Therefore no announcements. I'd like to see it in the Holiday season... a decorated D23 Expo, Halloween or Christmas if it were to be next year.
    An Aspiring Walt Disney Imagineer.

The 2021 Expo has not been officially canceled, yet. The Expo doesn't just covers the parks, but rather the entire Disney industry, including TV & Film. Even if the Parks division had nothing to show off, they have plenty of other things to promote.

Comment

I hope this happen sooooo bad! D23 has become a tradition for me, after years of watching online and two awesome years of going in person and getting to meet other like-minded friends. Since it is an entire year away, I think it will go on as normal, unless Covid is still present or there's still a stigma against large crowds. If that's the case, I hope they'll do something similar to comic-con this year and host it online. I'm sure Disney wouldn't make it free, but I'd appreciate it nonetheless.

Btw, it makes me think... have any of us met before at D23? If you went last year, You have have seen me as one of the three duck triplets (I was doing a fun Dewey disney bound!) on day one, walking around as Buzzy on day 2, or my "Vacation Genie" Disneybound on day 3! I was at most if not all of the park events for the last two years, it would be crazy if we crossed paths!

Comment

I mean...it should be able to happen...but i hope its moved back
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

UPDATE! Disney just announced the next D23 Expo will be in 2022!! So that means no 2021 due to uncertainty with the COVID-19 pandemic.
          An Aspiring Walt Disney Imagineer.

Comment

OC Register: Disney postpones D23 Expo at Anaheim Convention Center until 2022 due to coronavirus

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

Comment

As someone who has gone to D23....get VIP or don't expect to do much but waiting hours to maybe get into the bigger panels.

Its fun no doubt but its bigger than ever so get saving now for VIP tickets
              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

D-23
                Will it be in 2022
                I read News last night as well ........‚Äč

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Glad that we finally have a date, even though we now have an extra year to wait. I just wish they'd stop having it when school's in session. It's so tricky getting time off to go during the school year, as my school job only allows one personal day off a year, and I know a lot of people have the same issue, whether they're teachers themselves, or they have kids in school. I loved it when they had it in mid-July in 2017, and I wish they would do that again, but I heard a lot of guests that year talking about how unhappy they were that it was so close to Comic-Con, and they didn't like feeling like they had to choose between the two. So I don't know what a better solution would be.

Regardless. I'm super-excited to go! The consensus seems to be that people either love the expo or they hate it. I love the convention atmosphere--I've been going to anime and nerd cons for almost 20 years now-- so I always have a blast! But I can see where it would be frustrating if all you're going for is the exclusive items or major panels, or if you prefer your events a little more low-key. I usually have a great time hanging around the expo floor, talking to people, admiring the costumes, and seeing all there is to see. if I get into a panel or am able to snag some cool merchandise, that's just a bonus.

Originally posted by YellowTugStrap View Post

Btw, it makes me think... have any of us met before at D23? If you went last year, You have have seen me as one of the three duck triplets (I was doing a fun Dewey disney bound!) on day one, walking around as Buzzy on day 2, or my "Vacation Genie" Disneybound on day 3! I was at most if not all of the park events for the last two years, it would be crazy if we crossed paths!

I MIGHT have seen you as Vacation Genie in passing last year, and probably saw you as one of the ducks! I was '90s-inspired Gadget from Rescue Rangers on Friday, and Doofus Drake from the original Ducktales on Saturday. I'm not sure yet what my cosplans are for 2022, but I guess now there's plenty of time to prepare!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X