Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Under -rated IPs

Hey micechatters! I just thought of another fun question for today! If you could make a ride based off an underrated IP, which IP would you use and what kind of ride would you make?

I, personally, would love to see a Robin Hood mini-coaster, in the style of Goofy's Sky School. Just with some better theming, maybe the Sheriff of Nottingham in chasing after Robin Hood, and you have to help him get away! Someone also shared the idea for a Rescuers dark ride in another thread- I simply adored that idea! I love these movies! I also think Aristocats would suit a dark ride.

What rides would you make? Go as in-depth as you want, I'm so curious! You can also include properties that already have rides, but have movies that aren't as popular nowadays, Like toad and dumbo.

I don't know about rides, I'd have to think about it, but I had always wanted a Lady and the Tramp themed pasta house that served spaghetti and meatballs.
    "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Bonnet View Post
      I don't know about rides, I'd have to think about it, but I had always wanted a Lady and the Tramp themed pasta house that served spaghetti and meatballs.
      LoL
      Plaza Inn (was formerly the Red Wagon Inn)

Red Wagon Inn-use to have = Lady and the Tramp themed pasta plate
      "Spaghetti and Meatballs" !

I recall it ,when I was a Kid ..............
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I’ve always liked Treasure Planet, but I don’t have a ride idea handy. Maybe it could be tucked into Galaxy’s Edge as some distant outpost. Or as a dark ride concept in the carousel building in Tomorrowland.
        I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

This idea was from another MiceChatter long ago, but a Sleepy Hollow ride. It’s been years and it has not left my mind because it is simple yet so good.

I don’t know where this would fit or if it’s underrated since it has become somewhat of a cult classic, but Emperor’s new groove would make a cool attraction.
          APs
          Burning Cabin
          Splash Mountain
          Star Wars
          Fantasy Faire
          Smoking
          Pirates
          Souvenir Popcorn Buckets, apparently.

Happiness is not letting these things consume you. A close second is seeing it consume others.

Comment

I've always thought that Zorro should have had some kind of presence in Frontierland. A live action stunt show in the heart of the land would have been awesome.
            Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
            Walt Disney World
            Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
            1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
            2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
              I've always thought that Zorro should have had some kind of presence in Frontierland. A live action stunt show in the heart of the land would have been awesome.
              Guy Williams
              Would use to do his "Z"orro live Action -at Disneyland - Frontierland
              1957 -1959
              The only Zorro presence now ,is Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante
              Last edited by Eagleman; 09-04-2020, 08:41 PM.
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Guy Williams
                Would use to do his "Z"orro live Action -at Disneyland - Frontierland
                1957 -1959
                The only Zorro presence now ,is
                • Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante
                It’s a shame it didn’t last. I’ve always loved the character and the idea behind him. Part Robin Hood, Part Batman. All awesome!
                Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                Walt Disney World
                Disneyland Paris

1990, 1992, 1993

Comment

It’s a shame it didn’t last. I’ve always loved the character and the idea behind him. Part Robin Hood, Part Batman. All awesome!
                  Zorro
                  Seventy-eight episodes were produced , which was not many.......
                  I too like old story adventure.......
                  Always enjoy most Robin Hood Movie's and also 3 Musketeers
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
                    This idea was from another MiceChatter long ago, but a Sleepy Hollow ride. It’s been years and it has not left my mind because it is simple yet so good.
                    YES! The chase through Sleepy Hollow is a brilliant sequence of classic Disney animation. It would be a great foundation for a state-of-the-art dark ride. (It's a safe bet that it has been pitched more than once in the WED and WDI years.)
                    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post

I don’t know where this would fit or if it’s underrated since it has become somewhat of a cult classic, but Emperor’s new groove would make a cool attraction.
                      Fun fact, I'm a theatre kid, and I love Sleepy Hollow cause it's the last show I did before Covid. It was a great excuse to watch the movie over and over! I think it would do well as a scary dark ride, like Snow White. We also need more Kuzco in the parks!!! Give me the Kronk-Coaster!!!

Comment

Love this idea!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YellowTugStrap View Post
                          We also need more Kuzco in the parks!!! Give me the Kronk-Coaster!!!
                          You hear "Pull the lever, Kronk" at the top of the lift hill. As you descend you here "Wrong leveeeeeer"
                          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Bonnet View Post
                            This already exists, albeit at WDW MK, in exactly this form. Tony’s is actually not bad for theme park Italian. Not my favorite, but a great lunch spot for sit down dining.

Comment

I know some people would call it 'tacky', but I would get excited, if they added a real Bueno Nacho(from Kim Possible) to Downtown Disney. They can finally serve the legendary 'Naco'!

Comment

Originally posted by savarese04 View Post

This already exists, albeit at WDW MK, in exactly this form. Tony’s is actually not bad for theme park Italian. Not my favorite, but a great lunch spot for sit down dining.
                                Ha! I had no idea. I've been to WDW but only twice and there's so much to choose from, I didn't catch it all. We had an Italian meal in the Italy pavilion. It was wonderful. I'd love to go to WDW again. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Comment

The only one that really came to my mind was something based on The Black Cauldron. I always liked it and think it would have great potential for some kind of dark ride.

Also, Tomorrowland could certainly use something based on Meet the Robinsons. Another dark ride type of experience, here’s a Disney IP that features a fun, whimsical future.
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Humphrey the Bear is a family favorite! We think Humphrey and the Park Ranger would be great additions to Grizzly River Run. It would bring some animatronic life and humor to the ride. GRR, feels “off the shelf” to us in its current state. We’ve ridden very similar raft rides at different amusement parks over the years. Some Humphrey humor would really elevate this attraction to something special.

Comment

Originally posted by Kikdenn View Post
                                      Humphrey the Bear is a family favorite! We think Humphrey and the Park Ranger would be great additions to Grizzly River Run. It would bring some animatronic life and humor to the ride. GRR, feels “off the shelf” to us in its current state. We’ve ridden very similar raft rides at different amusement parks over the years. Some Humphrey humor would really elevate this attraction to something special.
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	C7A41CFB-5888-4CA7-80B4-624F1904A685.jpeg
Views:	493
Size:	976.6 KB
ID:	8625873
                                      While not AA, Humphrey was there for a short time a couple years ago.

Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                                      Walt Disney World
                                      Disneyland Paris

1990, 1992, 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Kikdenn View Post
                                        I always liked the ranger, J Audubon Woodlore! Would love to see the two of them in that part of the park.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X