Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Many Non Disneyland Related Posts in This Forum

In the past couple of weeks, I've seen a lot of posts that don't seem related to Disneyland. Much of them are more about the Disney company in general.

Let's say we get this part of Micechat back on track.

I'd rather have one forum for all Disney related discussion. Most of those other forums aren't very well utilized, so I think that most of those threads go to die.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Well...when we haven't been allowed to visit any of our parks (So Cal) for the last FREAKIN 6 months!!! These are the type of discussions that will come up...believe me! I wish I could talk/read about the latest trip reports and current hot merchandise and food. But we cant...so what do you suggest?

Comment

I’m of two minds on this.

I’d love to have the main thread under Disneyland be trip reports, armchair Imagineering and other fun topics, with the more serious topics about the parks and how they are run in a sub-forum.

The problem is that it doesn’t seem to be very busy around here anymore and the same ~20 people are the ones driving the majority of the discussions with everyone else just watching and reading. Having too many sub forums would just spread it thinner than it already is.

In the end, if we want more fun threads, then people just need to start more of them. YellowTugStrap has recently been leading the way on these and I look forward to more.
        Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
        Walt Disney World
        Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
        1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
        2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Like others have said, the parks are closed. The forum only has a small number of posters. The board is setup so if you want to talk about something on Disney+, it's like 8 forums down or something and there's a chance people aren't going to look there. I think during the closure, what does it hurt for us to discuss other Disney related topics all in one place?
          "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

This thread comes under - PhotoMatt- control
            IMO
            Last edited by Eagleman; 09-09-2020, 03:58 PM.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
              I’m of two minds on this.

I’d love to have the main thread under Disneyland be trip reports, armchair Imagineering and other fun topics, with the more serious topics about the parks and how they are run in a sub-forum.

The problem is that it doesn’t seem to be very busy around here anymore and the same ~20 people are the ones driving the majority of the discussions with everyone else just watching and reading. Having too many sub forums would just spread it thinner than it already is.

In the end, if we want more fun threads, then people just need to start more of them. YellowTugStrap has recently been leading the way on these and I look forward to more.
              Oh, you flatter me! I'm fairly new, so I'm also trying to get to know people and become part of the community while having some fun! Also, in terms of this thread, the parks are closed, so I see why topics are straying quite a bit. I bet when we start getting more news and the world starts up again, it will all get back on topic.

Comment

I see MC as a sort of family.....sort of, and as such, I like to get to know people here on a sort of personal basis.

I find it interesting to get to know their interests outside of Disney; it adds perspective to their posts, sort of like talking to an old friend.

I'd like to see a few more non-Disney posts here, the key word being 'few', it can easily get out of hand.........

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
                  Me too!

New people and new perspectives are always welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
                    I see MC as a sort of family.....sort of, and as such, I like to get to know people here on a sort of personal basis.

I find it interesting to get to know their interests outside of Disney; it adds perspective to their posts, sort of like talking to an old friend.

I'd like to see a few more non-Disney posts here, the key word being 'few', it can easily get out of hand.........
                    LL - you talking about me gain...........(Joking)

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Until Disneyland reopens, this is just how it is.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X