Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Annual Passholder Refund

Does anyone know when Disney will issue refunds to Disneyland Annual Passholders who have requested them? Due to Covid concerns, my family decided to request the refund option instead of the extension of our annual passes back in April. The passes expired July 5. Back when I first elected the refund option, I was told that since the parks may reopen before my passes expired, we would have to wait for the park to reopen to determine the pro-rata refund amount. After July 5 I reached out to Disney via email to inquire when I can expect a refund and they replied back that there is "no estimated time on refunds." Just wondering if anyone has heard anything else.

Originally posted by JHinAZ85 View Post
    Does anyone know when Disney will issue refunds to Disneyland Annual Passholders who have requested them? Due to Covid concerns, my family decided to request the refund option instead of the extension of our annual passes back in April. The passes expired July 5. Back when I first elected the refund option, I was told that since the parks may reopen before my passes expired, we would have to wait for the park to reopen to determine the pro-rata refund amount. After July 5 I reached out to Disney via email to inquire when I can expect a refund and they replied back that there is "no estimated time on refunds." Just wondering if anyone has heard anything else.
    I've heard nothing, and I find your situation horrifying. I would be entitled to a big refund, as I renewed just before the virus became serious, and I don't want to wait forever. I haven't cancelled yet--waiting to see if park will reopen before vaccine or not, and just in general to see what happens. I don't think this behavior is acceptable from such a large business--they should be able t handle the requests in a timely manner.

Comment

I cancelled our Premier Passes in July, and was told they would start to issue refunds in September. Haven't heard anything new.

Comment

It seems Disney is worried that when they cancel passes, the pass holders might not want to come back. They just did a survey about this recently. Micechat did an interesting article about it today. https://www.micechat.com/269647-disn...r-annual-pass/

Comment

Disney needs to start issuing refunds
          to those that wants a refund..........* It only right
          IMO
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
            It seems Disney is worried that when they cancel passes, the pass holders might not want to come back. They just did a survey about this recently. Micechat did an interesting article about it today. https://www.micechat.com/269647-disn...r-annual-pass/
            I M H O
            If one is a AP's holder and get the survey from Disney.......
            They should read Micechat article first .......
            https://www.micechat.com/269647-disn...r-annual-pass/

(My Opinion - I feel Disney is asking question's , that they should not be asking)

Another reason why ,I do not do survey !
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Oh yeah, they are not going to want to come back. Especially if you jerk them around on the refunds and extensions.
              --
              http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

Originally posted by ravencroft View Post
                Oh yeah, they are not going to want to come back. Especially if you jerk them around on the refunds and extensions.
                So true. If they are on the fence about it, I can't think of a better way to alienate a customer forever than by slow rolling their refund.

Comment

Originally posted by JHinAZ85 View Post
                  And that's the most BOGUS thing I've heard. You should be due a refund based on the park closure date of 3/16/20 through your pass expiration date regardless of whether or not the parks reopened. You asked for a refund with the knowledge that it would effectively cancel your passes, period, and that even if the parks had reopened before July 5 your passes would be 'no good'.

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by ravencroft View Post
                    So true. If they are on the fence about it, I can't think of a better way to alienate a customer forever than by slow rolling their refund.
                    Bingo x 2.

Through no fault of their own, Disney can't admit customers to DLR. But during this shutdown they could be doing something else for their most loyal group of customers -- Annual Passholders. They could put refund policies in place that truly proclaim the theme of "we care about our Annual Passholders." Policies that make it unambiguously clear that Disney values their long-term relationships with their APers above nickel-and-diming refunds for short-term profits.

They could hire PR language experts to make sure all written communication about AP refunds is clear, friendly and caring; not like the weasel words of a bank contract. They could invest in a rigorous training program to make sure every phone and email customer service representative is thoroughly schooled in the theme of "Disney cares about you." They could have customer service experts doing real-time analysis of AP/CS interactions to make sure customers get a consistent message from all customer service reps.

In short, Disney could use this shutdown period to proactively give the DLR/AP brand a positive image of caring about the customer. An image that embodies the same "customer first" theme as Disneyland's famous "every guest is a V.I.P." customer service standard in the 1950s.

It would benefit Disney in the long run.
                    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 09-13-2020, 07:17 PM.
                    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Is there really a bigger incentive that Disney could roll out to their Annual Passholders in an effort to not have so many cancellations?

Comment

Thanks for all the input. Me and my wife love taking our 9 year old son to Disneyland and 100% plan to get passes again when there is a Covid vaccine. We even went to downtown Disney this past weekend because we missed going to the park so much. I know the closure is no fault of Disney. And thank goodness my wife and my own job were not affected by the economic downtown. But I fear for the people out there that were severely impacted and could really use their annual passholder and Disney is simply radio silent.

Comment

Disney have the refund money in there Bank ......."making money"........WRONG
                          IMO- time have run out......It time giving back to the customers -There MONEY !!
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
                            Is there really a bigger incentive that Disney could roll out to their Annual Passholders in an effort to not have so many cancellations?
                            They could do what Knotts did long ago and just give everyone a free pass for 2021 if they have a pass in 2020. But even go a step further and give them a pass for all of 2021 and into the first 4 months of 2022. Disney has the money to do it and would probably profit from it with tons of cheap limited edition plastic popcorn bucket sales. It's really easy to keep customers happy and in the fold if your not looking to put the screws to them at every turn. Everyone knows their quarterly reports are going to be weak for a few years from this mess but they could be doing themselves, their customers and shareholders a big favor if they just did the right thing by their best customers and think long term for once.

Comment

I called three days ago to request a refund for (4) flex passes with maxpass add ons. While the woman was very friendly and kind she wasn't much of a help apart from just cancelling the passes. My passes expired on the 11th of this month and I wanted to cancel before that date to make sure they weren't automatically renewed. I asked her how much I should expect to get back based on the park being closed for almost 6 months of our passes and she couldn't tell me anything. I asked her when I should expect the money to refunded and what account/card it would be refunded to and she couldn't answer that either. She basically said whatever form of payment I paid with. I told her I paid with a combination of cash, gift cards and a credit card so will I get it all back on my credit card? She didn't really know that either. Basically what I'm saying is they know next to nothing which is highly disappointing. I also asked if I would get some sort of email confirmation regarding the cancellation and she told me I wouldn't get anything but that I should take down her name and the date of our conversation and that she has the conversation recorded on her end. That's comforting. By my estimation I should get close to $1400 dollars back that I would put towards passes in the future but honestly with what happened to pass holders at Disneyworld I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Disney management has often been accused of "stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime." But there's no greater example of their shortsightedness than the stingy, amateurish way they're dealing with Annual Passholder refunds during the COVID pandemic.
                                "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                                  Disney management has often been accused of "stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime." But there's no greater example of their shortsightedness than the stingy, amateurish way they're dealing with Annual Passholder refunds during the COVID pandemic.
                                  I AGREE........and We seeing how the New Disney and CEO
                                  Is still on the Wrong Road of caring about there customers and game playing they do!
                                  Relationships with there kind of creative side of the company ?.....$.....Is WRONG !
                                  Give back AP's customers -There MONEY
                                  IMO
                                  Last edited by Eagleman; 09-12-2020, 05:43 PM.
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with how the AP programs is being handled. I am on a monthly plan and DL stopped the payments on my credit card. I was given the option of just ending my AP or stopping the payments and having extra months added on at the end.
                                    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

For you, since you were paying monthly, the refund process appears to be more cut and dry. But for someone like me who had to pay in full (I live out of state) it is very concerning when they don't have an already established system in place to tell pass holders how much their refund will be, when they will receive it, and what manner they will receive it in. Like Mr. Wiggins said, I find it amateurish for a billion dollar corporation who does this for a living every day to not have even one piece of this information available to consumers. Just canned responses. That is a major cause for concern when over the years I have invested (can you call it that?) what I consider to be an obscene amount of money into annual passes, food, merchandise and hotel stays. I get that I am just a drop in the bucket to them. I get that this whole thing is unprecedented and has never happened before. I get that they just lost 3.5 billion dollars and money is probably "tight" right now. Buy I am a small business owner and if I told one of my customers the exact same things they they told me regarding refunds I would have major problems on my hands. They just get more of a free pass because they are Disney and they know they can do it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartonhen View Post
                                        For you, since you were paying monthly, the refund process appears to be more cut and dry. But for someone like me who had to pay in full (I live out of state) it is very concerning when they don't have an already established system in place to tell pass holders how much their refund will be, when they will receive it, and what manner they will receive it in. Like Mr. Wiggins said, I find it amateurish for a billion dollar corporation who does this for a living every day to not have even one piece of this information available to consumers. Just canned responses. That is a major cause for concern when over the years I have invested (can you call it that?) what I consider to be an obscene amount of money into annual passes, food, merchandise and hotel stays. I get that I am just a drop in the bucket to them. I get that this whole thing is unprecedented and has never happened before. I get that they just lost 3.5 billion dollars and money is probably "tight" right now. Buy I am a small business owner and if I told one of my customers the exact same things they they told me regarding refunds I would have major problems on my hands. They just get more of a free pass because they are Disney and they know they can do it right now.
                                        They Should do RIGHT NOW !!
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X