This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Nov 10-18 Trip Report: First Micechat Meet & Travelling Solo

I want to post my thoughts on taking a solo trip to Disneyland, why everyone should attend a Micechat meet, and the pros & cons of dedicating nine days solely to visiting the Disneyland Resort.

November 11th Micechat meet

Travelling alone

Spending nine days at the resort

November 18th Micechat meet

Again, very nice and easy to meet new people and what were now a few familiar faces. Only spent a few hours with the group this time, but I found the whole affair highly entertaining.

Tom

My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Re: 2007 Nov 10-18 Trip Report: First Micechat Meet & Travelling Solo

Great TR, glad to here your first micechat meet was with welcome arms

Comment

I've done Disneyland alone but only for one day. Glad you had a good time.

Comment

Great TR! Hope you had fun on your first MiceChat meet!
        sigpic
        Home away from Home.

Comment

Great trip report BC_DisneyGeek! It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope you'll come back and visit us soon! And, I can never see too many pictures of the Castle at night <sigh>.

Comment

Re: 2007 Nov 10-18 Trip Report: First Micechat Meet &amp; Travelling Solo

Great trip report! That Heimlich's Chew Chew Train ride was fun. Wait a minute... I said Heimlich's was fun. Are there pigs flying outside?

Comment

It was great meeting you Tom. Glad you had a great time.

Chad

Comment

Great pictures and report. I love it when I have the 'extra time' to spend in the hotel jacuzzi and pool. It makes the trip just that much more special when your relaxed and not in any particular hurry.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
                  This photo didn’t really turn out well, but the group took over almost all of Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train

OMG, the look on my face! :lol:

Originally posted by LuvsLilo View Post
                  Great trip report! That Heimlich's Chew Chew Train ride was fun. Wait a minute... I said Heimlich's was fun. Are there pigs flying outside?
                  Well, I'd like to think it was the company more than the ride! Oh wait, maybe I'm thinking of Flik's Flyers...

Tom - I'm sorry I didn't really get a chance to chat with you, but the group was fun that day, no?
                  She did it!

Comment

Great, great trip report. So nice that you had enough time to really enjoy the resort. As a Southern California AP, it's a lot like the way we do the parks. Nearly never wait in much of a line unless we have friends with us to pass the time. Often we take in just a single land in a day. Sure beats the commando style one tends to resort to on a shorter visit.

I regret we weren't at the park during your visit. But, I'm so glad you managed to hook up with some MiceChatters. It's hard to describe the sense of family that ensues when a group of us hits the parks together, unless you actually experience it. Yeah, we're geeks, but darn nice ones!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Lu
                    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

Great trip report. I totally agree, DL by yourself is a blast. I went down for a couple days once by myself. The first day was a blast. I was there all by myself and could do what I wanted. The second day a friend that lives down there joined me. I was ready for her to go. I had gotten used to being on my own I am glad you had a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
                        OMG, the look on my face! :lol:

Well, I'd like to think it was the company more than the ride! Oh wait, maybe I'm thinking of Flik's Flyers...

Tom - I'm sorry I didn't really get a chance to chat with you, but the group was fun that day, no?
                        The look on your face says "I can't believe how good this ride is! Did they spend $100 million?"

Yeah, fun group for sure. Having a large group is fun, but I didn't get to talk to everyone. There's always next time!

Comment

Great Trip Report. Totally agree you must come to meet while being there solo. I enjoyed hanging around the micechatters and wished to be able to stay there ever since then.

Good picture of you with the Micechatters too and that picture of Donald. awww, Donald is just putting his hand on his heart. How sweet.

-Hayley B.
                          Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

What a great post! I loved reading not just your trip report, but also your observations of going solo and attending the Sunday meets. I'm glad you had a great time on your trip. And thanks for writing up this great trip report!!!

:thumbup:

Comment

Giood job with the Trip Report. I don't think we met or talked.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                                Giood job with the Trip Report. I don't think we met or talked.
                                Uh, Dan, you're in the photo with Mickey and all of us!!! LOL

Nice report and pics! I'm glad you had a good time. And that you liked our talkativeness as opposed to wanting to push us out of the boat in Pirates! We had a good time with you too.
                                "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
                                "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Comment

I guess I'll try to stick around next time I go. I just chicken out so bad.

I loved your report!

I went for four days... day two was bad... but the rest were TONS of fun. We count things. Our main thing is kids in costume... We count them and see how high we can get.
                                  Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

cool pix looks like you had fun

check me out on Flickr
                                    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

Comment

Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
                                      Uh, Dan, you're in the photo with Mickey and all of us!!! LOL
                                      Yeah, we definitely met Dan. I guess we didn't get a chance to talk much or I'm just highly forgettable

Comment

Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
                                        Nice report and pics! I'm glad you had a good time. And that you liked our talkativeness as opposed to wanting to push us out of the boat in Pirates! We had a good time with you too.
                                        I'm glad you had a good time. I think I already mentioned it, but I tend to take a while to get comfortable with new people, and it was unusually quick easy to feel welcome with all of the MiceChatters.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X