Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could change, remove or add one thing, in a land what would it be?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] If you could change, remove or add one thing, in a land what would it be?

My friend and I (a group of theme park fanatics) were sitting around a few night ago and the conversation turned to some of our favorite park experiences. As the conversation went on it turn to an interesting (at least to us) topic, which lead to a lot of fun speculations. I thought about it over the last few days and I want to have that I might offer the same question here and see what you Mice Chatter’s might say if you were posed the question we discussed…I may do a series of these from month to month.. Focusing on a single land at a time

What the question.. ”If you could change, remove or add one thing, what would it be?

A few simple rules, Minor theme changes (no turning New Orleans Square into a medieval setting or Tomorrow Land into Dystopia), No Laundry lists (it one thing not the epic of everything), It can be a new or simply changing a Store, an attraction, A restaurant (I want more ice cream in fantasyland!! ), or something that mixes up one or two of the preceding mentions. Heck maybe you just think something need to be moved or more/less trash cans.. Except for the above rules.. Anything, and please explain why?

You can comment on another Chatters ideas (that’s a great idea or are you nuts), just state your reasonings, one way or another, but no arguing please. Keep it civil and polite. Lastly will need a place to start..

This posts Target is
    The Park: Disneyland
    The Land Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge

you don't have to be crazy to use this profile..but it helps

As it my Post I’ll go first.. I’d like to see Star Tour moved to Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, between Millennium Falcon: Smugglers run and Olgas Cantina. It just a pair of big door right now, but this area is already designed to look like the local star port and it’s an easy move. Well actually it would be easier to rebuild the ride there and simply open it and cover the old location, while you retheme it into something else. They would never lose the attraction and it would open up space for a new one.

My thoughts are, you built a Star Wars Land so that where the Star Wars stuff needs to be. Also If you were ever in the Extended Queue for MFSR you’ve seen how much space is back there and it’s more than enough. Plus people would rush for one last ride on the “Original” what do you think?
    you don't have to be crazy to use this profile..but it helps

Comment

I'm a one-note charlie on this kind of thing, as usual:

Name a land, any land, and add more spontaneous live music. Nothing adds charm, life, and interaction, like it.

Comment

I'm not sure how to pull it off, but Frontierland could use one more attraction. I need a little more of the old West in my life.

Comment

It's going to sound nitpicky and it's such a minor change when I could be asking for bigger and better things like bringing the Peoplemover back, but.. towards the end of Smuggler's Run you see a Starspeeder 1000 pass you on your way to land. I would like to see it removed from the ride footage. Why? Because it implies the events of Star Tours 2.0 to be canonical since the rest of Batuu is. However, Star Tours - The Adventures Continue makes no logical, canon sense because the events are played at random and feature various events that take place across 3 trilogies somehow crammed into the time between Episodes 3 and 4 (in Disney's eyes).

I hate to be a nerd about it but the Starspeeder 1000 shouldn't be accessing the Battle of Hoth then immediately be able to visit the construction of the first Death Star over Geonosis. The simple answer to take out the thinking and make things fun? Claim the events of Star Tours 2.0 aren't canon and instead are a fun little theme park ride (like Transformers). However, having a Starspeeder 1000 featured in Smuggler's Run does the opposite.

It also doesn't make much sense in terms of timeline with DJ REX. REX was implemented as a pilot of the Starspeeder 3000, a later model of the 1000 used by the (now financially failing) Star Tours brand towards the end of their business' life span and after the Battle of Endor. If we're led to believe REX ended up on Batuu AFTER his time as a Star Tours pilot, then I find the reference to Starspeeder 1000 to be a little bit contrived. I guess a collector could have had it repaired at Ohnaka Transport Solutions but I doubt that was Disney's intent.

It should either be removed or at the very least, replaced with a Starspeeder 3000 model. Little details like this mean the world to me. Sorry for the rant, I'll return to my mother's basement now.
          Last edited by Blurr; 09-22-2020, 08:06 AM.
          "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

I agree that Star tours should move to SWGE, but I would like to liven up Tom Sawyer's island a little bit. The only reason we go there is for the little kids on our trips, and it only occupies them for about 15 minutes, honestly. Maybe a ride or a show? Even a little restaurant or shop would do wonders.

Comment

Great topic that doesnt involve COVID :-)

I for one..think that ST should just be sunsetted. WHy would you put 2 very similar attractions right next to each other and tell 2 totally different stories...as having Batuu isnt confusing enough :-) Im still a firm beliver that Tomorrowland needs an almost full gut job. Get rid of ST, and that stupid building that plays nothing but Movie Trailers, and yes even Autopia and the abandon boat swamp thing (close to smallworld). And put a scaled down version of Tron. Or heck even do a Wall-E ride. There's just so much to take in, when thinking about changing the ascetics of a land

Comment

I like Star Tours right where it is, but I would love to have another ride in Galaxy's Edge. The Bantha ride that was originally planned would be amazing to have. I also hope they eventually do the sit-down restaurant and show. It could be a nice loungey-type restaurant with drinks and a show that's geared to adults but would be acceptable for children. Two shows a night, a two hour experience. I think it could be great. There's not really a lot to do in GE right now, but we like the environment and more immersion would be fun. Also, I know you said no laundry lists, but they need more shade trees.
                "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post
                  Great topic that doesnt involve COVID :-)

I for one..think that ST should just be sunsetted. WHy would you put 2 very similar attractions right next to each other and tell 2 totally different stories...
                  Why would you build a land in Disneyland solely based off a movie franchise?

The answer to these questions is the original overarching original concepts of Disneyland are being either discarded or ignored. That's why Star Tours will remain in Tomorrowland until it is considered unprofitable despite it hurting its own storytelling.

Comment

I would remove Barbosa in Pirates of the Caribbean and bring back the original Pirate ship captain. For the Haunted Mansion, I would increase the operating time from 7 months to 9 months a year. Keep Space Mountain in the 2005 version 10 months out of the year and have Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy run from September to November 1st each year.

Comment

Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post
                      . Keep Space Mountain in the 2005 version 10 months out of the year and have Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy run from September to November 1st each year.
                      I really liked Ghost Galaxy. It was a nice change of pace when I had an AP.
                      Last edited by Co Foo; 09-22-2020, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Since moving Star Tours was already mentioned, I would add the planned alien extras back into Galaxy's Edge. It would make it a more star wars experience by seeing different species through the land.

Comment

I would bring the PeopleMover back to Tomorrowland. Simple and pleasingly retro.

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post

I really liked Ghost Galaxy. It was a nice change of pace when I had an AP.
                            I never had the chance to ride the Ghost Galaxy version of Space Mountain. It was either the 2005 version or Hyperspace Mountain.

Comment

The great thing about Ghost Galaxy, IMO, is that they don't tell you what's going on. You're presented with this scary situation and no explanation or backstory is given. You have to work it out/make it up for yourself.

There are so many "one small change"s I would do.
                              • Add more shade trees to Toontown.
                              • Restore the window plan of Club 33 to the original forced perspective design.
                              • Add animal footprints to the Adventureland ground texture.
                              • Move the Astro Orbitor back to its elevated central location.
                              • Paint the infrastructure towers on Small World Way to match the ride facade.
                              • Add more walkaround characters to any land. No, not recognizable Disney characters--"random citizen" characters. Imagine strolling through Fantasyland and suddenly coming across a college of wizards embroiled in an academic discussion about magic!
                              And that's just a few.
                              Last edited by Karalora; 09-30-2020, 06:43 AM.
                              Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

The Park: Disneyland
                                The Land(s): This one change will effect New Orleans Square and Frontierland

Make permanent seating along the banks of the Rivers of America on the path from Frontierland to Galaxy's Edge, on the left facing the ROA. Move the Fantasmic stage to face the new seating area. This would lessen the bottle neck around the ROA hours before, during, and after Fantasmic and no longer necessitate ground seating or standing during the show.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	NewFant.PNG
Views:	628
Size:	833.1 KB
ID:	8626542

Comment

Originally posted by J. Thaddeus Toad View Post

Why would you build a land in Disneyland solely based off a movie franchise?

What are you talking about with that statement??? Who said anything about what your saying...

Comment

Add little shows likes the ones in Hogsmeade to GE. There is of course a laundry list, but if I had to pick one thing, I decided on that since it would add life and draw people into areas where there is a lot of wasted room. Thus, I feel it gives the most bang for your buck. I feel like moving Star Tours would keep theming neat, but other than that, I personally don’t see it as a major of benefit to the GE or the park itself.
                                    APs
                                    Burning Cabin
                                    Splash Mountain
                                    Star Wars
                                    Fantasy Faire
                                    Smoking
                                    Pirates
                                    Souvenir Popcorn Buckets, apparently.

Happiness is not letting these things consume you. A close second is seeing it consume others.

Comment

A couple things come to mind, but since it hasn't been brought up yet, I'll do it myself: open the Court of the Angels back up to the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
                                        A couple things come to mind, but since it hasn't been brought up yet, I'll do it myself: open the Court of the Angels back up to the general public.
                                        Dang. I thought you were going to bring up some kind of Zorro live show in Frontierland. That would be awesome!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X