Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B4 D.land opens to APs they could have an expensive Preview Week

Disney's American parks need to earn money,
    and some have loved the weird experience of uncrowded Disney parks at Walt Disney World, free from the hassles of Fastpasses.

I have some suggestions for Disneyland's re-opening, whenever that is:

1. Have a Disney Resort Preview Week (actually 11 days from a Thursday through the following Sunday) BEFORE the park is open to any APs, unless AP holders buy tickets for this special event.

2. Charge $299 a ticket--the same price for all. Sorry middle-class families, this isn't about us. (I wouldn't pay this.) This is about getting Disney $ ASAP with the Covid restrictions so they can re-hire cast members. (OK--$199 on Sunday through Friday, and $249 on Saturday.) Have the parks open from 10 till 7, except on Fridays and Saturdays--noon to 9. Actually open the parks 45 minutes earlier than posted.

3. I have no idea what the best # admitted should be--maybe 10,000 max in the original Disneyland park and 5K in DCA? VERY small crowds. That's the appeal. Guests will all have park-hopper passes. No multi-day passes will be sold.

4. Free small popcorn & churro coupons so the event feels plussed. To paraphrase the movie Crazy Rich Asians, "Rich people LOVE free stuff."

5. Sell cool, exclusive event merchandise only inside the parks during these events.

6. Bring out those DVC time share booths. Remember these guests can subsidize our excellent Disney park experiences!

7. Disney, please send me two tickets to this event for having this idea. Thanks in advance!

Thoughts?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-01-2020, 05:35 PM.

Oh, lighten up!

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
      Thoughts?
      This gets my vote for Thread of the Year!

Click image for larger version  Name:	d1fguw8-cddc49e8-c9a5-441c-8049-e7454b3f53ab.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNzRhMDc5MWQtYTU3My00Mjg3LTk2ZmItZDE0NWI3OTE0MzkxXC9kMWZndXc4LWNkZGM0OWU4LWM5YTUtNDQxYy0 Views:	0 Size:	82.3 KB ID:	8626916

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
      - Bob Chapek

Comment

Sorry #5 had to be censored. It had a suggestion for a T-shirt featuring an angry Cruella
        with the now dreaded K word. "K. [CENSORED] demands to see Mickey Mouse!"
        At least those who work at City Hall on certain days might've thought it funny.

Potential names for this event:

"Capitalist fundraiser to benefit Bob Iger & possibly, eventually, indirectly cast members."

"Peter Pan's-demic Party!"

"The Celebration of Brave Heroes!" (If eating churros at Disneyland while possibly endangering others can be described as "heroic.")

"Cruella's Covid Convocation"

"Mr. Toad's Hell Bash!"

"The Haunted Mansion Resident Audition Soiree"

"The Meet Walt in a Month Party!"

(Litter Box or Tom Chaney Lounge? )
        Last edited by jcruise86; 10-08-2020, 04:16 PM. Reason: TYPO! D'oh!

Comment

Given that a fair number of APers are among the most self-centered entitlists ever, I can't even imagine the whinefest that would quickly ensue.......

In my opinion though, it'd be a great idea!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X