Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you see Disneyland reducing their prices?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good question, Captain Andy! And the response of Disney executives to your question appears at exactly on minute into this video linked below, though watching the first minute will make it clearer. Note the entrance of Francis--arguably the best entrance of any character in the history of film. (Congrats to the costume designer--initials monogramed onto a slightly tight jumpsuit!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfeLsPRl3so

Comment

If this isn't true, what world am I living in when airlines reduce fees, and DISNEY increases them?
      AN AMERICAN DISNEY FAN.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
        I think they may offer deals if these restrictions continue well into 2021. Especially if they have trouble filling the park to whatever their state imposed capacity is with APs in the summer. But if restrictions of any kind continue long-term into 2022 they will eventually start getting hammered in the press for their prices which could be a problem. But I don't think Disney has ever reduced prices, but then again, they have never been closed this long either.
        They reduced price passes in 2001--after 9/11. I think it extended into 2002. They lowered the pass I was getting about 200 dollars as I recall--that's pretty significant. I was a lot poorer in 2001, so it was a blessing. I believe day ticket prices went down too. I still felt that the park was as busy as before when I went, but apparently the out-of-state and out-of-country visitors became scarce. Similar to now, the ones who had to fly hesitated after what happened. Disney also would have known how many cancelled future bookings, so it scared them into lower prices. It points out why having a large base of local supporters is important. I think after 2001 was when the pass program bumped up a bit--and by 2005 the park became (over)crowded again. Maybe 9/11 taught them that they needed locals. As far as passes go, it's the only time I've seen them lower prices without it being some kind of deal. You'd think a pandemic and opening with less value to the experience might bring on lower prices--but this time I don't see it happening. Whole different management now, and the lingering effects of when the park was family run and businesses were in general "nicer"--when the magic really seemed to live there, are long gone. If business concerns dictate it, then prices might be lowered--but I wouldn't count on it. As some have said, today's Disney steps over a dollar to get a dime. I would expect deals of some kind, but no straight price drop--at least not at Disneyland where there are a lot of locals who I believe will show up if it opens. At least in the beginning.

Comment

For awhile I thought they were raising prices because of corporate greed. Then I thought it was to try to avoid over crowding. I don’t really now anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_IvanStark View Post
            For awhile I thought they were raising prices because of corporate greed. Then I thought it was to try to avoid over crowding. I don’t really now anymore.
            It was always greed. AP price increases make crowding much worse. People go more to justify the price to get their moneys worth.

Comment

Like 2001, if demand drops, they'll lower the prices to entice people in... but this covid is an entirely different animal. Only if the demand is down. I can als also see them going up in price if they have less capacity but high demand.

I've been an avid DL theme park fan for years... but with two little ones I have absolutely no interest in taking them... even to the reopened WDW until this virus is under control with vaccines. My kids aren't worth the risk of trading their security for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                Like 2001, if demand drops, they'll lower the prices to entice people in... but this covid is an entirely different animal. Only if the demand is down. I can als also see them going up in price if they have less capacity but high demand.

I've been an avid DL theme park fan for years... but with two little ones I have absolutely no interest in taking them... even to the reopened WDW until this virus is under control with vaccines. My kids aren't worth the risk of trading their security for fun.
                I agree with your wisdom -
                But....... would say I not for ,risking of trading security for any one......for fun.
                There are needs-and there are wants......IMO = Theme Parks are wants -not needs.......

I also feel once Disneyland Resort opens......(When ever the date is )
                Disney will rise the price ,on all admission !
                Last edited by Eagleman; 10-10-2020, 08:29 PM.
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The one thing I'm really sure of, is if we ever go back to "normal" and have a vaccine and they go back to full 100% operations (entertainment and all)--they will definitely raise prices. Maybe a lot. At that point I'm not sure I can blame them--they need to make up for a lot of losses. I do blame them for how they're handling it now--the missing refunds for people who paid full price, lack of spots for APers in WDW, etc. Not cool.

Comment

In a word. "no". They have stockholders to make happy.

Comment

The economy basically. If the parks aren't getting enough revenue to keep up with costs, and laying off employees doesn't work either, they'll start cutting prices little by little until they start seeing enough revenue return. Once they feel comfortable enough, they'll go back to increasing prices. Another reason is if they raise prices to a state people are refusing to pay that forces Disney to go back down, and with how the economies been the last decade, Disney's reaching a point that they're outpricing what most can afford, and that in turn will push Disney to start reducing prices so as to keep up with the masses.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X