Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any word on the refurbishments?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any word on the refurbishments?

    Anyone know if the HM, Snow White, and KAC are done? They would have been completed long ago in a normal year. Newsom hasn’t prevented construction from continuing so no excuse for Disney to not have these completed by now.

  • #2
    I heard Snow White is wrapping, and King Arthur's Carousel is finished! I haven't heard anything about Haunted Mansion, unfortunately.

    I should also add that I'm quite skeptical that they haven't touched Indiana Jones. Wasn't the refurbishment regarding safety?
    Last edited by Captain Andy; 10-15-2020, 06:37 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Updating this particular thread with the "word on the street" from Reddit (thank @revalis!):
      • Pirates is rumored to be receiving extensive maintenance, with CMs saying that things that "haven't been able to be worked on in years" are being worked on.
      • Snow White had begun a refurbishment before the park closed. Recently, however, the scaffolding covering the attraction has come down and the new paint schemes are in full view (by helicopter.) I assume that the ride itself is complete as well.
      • Indy was set to receive a queue-only refurbishment back in May (removing the outdoor Jeep, redesigning the line, potentially getting rid of single rider) but this seems to have been postponed or scrapped.
      • Avenger's Campus is basically complete. I have taken videos over the construction wall (in Buena Vista Street) and all equipment and tarps and all that are gone. It looks ready to open.
      • Haunted Mansion begun a refurbishment after the Haunted Mansion Holiday season ended - meaning the original attraction has not been open for an entire year now. This refurbishment is supposedly still active, however, as CMs have been seen on the scaffolding outside of the attraction.
      • Splash Mountain was reportedly receiving refurbishments, unrelated to the Princess and the Frog remodel. Disney has already stated that Disneyland will open with ample time to ride Splash Mountain before it closes.
      • Grizzly River Run received an additional refurbishment while closed, even though it had one just months before the closure. Supposedly they refurbished specifically the boats.
      • Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway went vertical a few months ago and work is proceeding as planned.
      Notable highlights are the news floating around regarding Pirates and Splash Mountain.

      Comment


      • #4
        Well If Disney going to do any - "Extensive Maintenance"-
        On any Attractions........
        This would be good time do it........than wait !
        IMO
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

        Comment


        • #5
          I was wondering about these today. Happy to get a little update.

          Somewhat exciting to think that the next time I get to step foot in the park (whenever that ends up being), there will be plenty of new stuff to experience.
          Mike_M

          Disneyland Trips
          Walt Disney World
          Disneyland Paris

          1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
          1990, 1992, 1993

          2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
          2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019
          2020

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
            I was wondering about these today. Happy to get a little update.

            Somewhat exciting to think that the next time I get to step foot in the park (whenever that ends up being), there will be plenty of new stuff to experience.
            One would think....the overall Resort....Should be Clean and Refresh........
            and all the Attractions and Rides be in tip -top shape........
            When the Guest is able to come back !
            Depends how much Money Disney want to invest the undertaking...........
            Time will tell !
            Again "Extensive Maintenance"
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

              One would think....the overall Resort....Should be Clean and Refresh........
              and all the Attractions and Rides be in tip -top shape........
              When the Guest is able to come back !
              Depends how much Money Disney want to invest the undertaking...........
              Time will tell !
              Again "Extensive Maintenance"
              I hope that aesthetically everything is tip-top shape; however, it's hard to say it the rides themselves will be... ahem.... working 100%...

              I haven't seen the Matterhorn looping all that much on the Mattercam, which is a concern.

              Comment


              • #8
                One would think a great deal of maintenance and refurbishing would be done but...Think who Disney corporate's current top management is. I'm sure the plans were great, but then the budget cuts could come in, ala Star Wars. Disney's income has been slashed so we'll just have to wait and see what is actually done. Whatever they do, it will be with the stockholders in mind, not the fans.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jschwagl View Post
                  One would think a great deal of maintenance and refurbishing would be done but...Think who Disney corporate's current top management is. I'm sure the plans were great, but then the budget cuts could come in, ala Star Wars. Disney's income has been slashed so we'll just have to wait and see what is actually done. Whatever they do, it will be with the stockholders in mind, not the fans.
                  Disneyland has been good in the past* on maintenance & upkeep. WDW is the resort that always has issues.

                  As aerial shots of DL showed that work did continue after the shutdown. Work at hub, Snow White refurbishment and King Arthur's Carousel all got their planned work done.

                  *After the Pressler era

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I sure Disney have a case of WD-40,ready to "GO"
                    Maintenance and refurbishing would be done............
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

                    Comment

                    Get Away Today Footer

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X