Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: When do you think Disney will announce they are Opening?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: When do you think Disney will announce they are Opening?

When will Disney announce they are reopening? This year or next year or.....? And be nice.
    Early/Mid November this year.
    13.79%
    Early/Mid December this year.
    20.69%
    Winter/Spring 2021.
    44.83%
    Summer 2021 or Later.
    20.69%

The poll is expired.

Absolutely impossible to tell since California has placed in guidelines that are based unpredictable infection rates.

You might as well ask when Jesus is going to come back. We have no way of predicting when those appropriate fore-events will happen, either.

Comment

I believe it is going to happen soon. We will be in the parks some time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
      "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthope View Post
        Absolutely impossible to tell since California has placed in guidelines that are based unpredictable infection rates.

You might as well ask when Jesus is going to come back. We have no way of predicting when those appropriate fore-events will happen, either.
        I'll take that as a vote for, "God only knows". Next time I'll have to add that to the possibilities.

Comment

If we assume CAPA’s negotiations with the state went well (meaning they campaigned their way out of the yellow tier metric) I don’t think you can even predict the reopening date until Orange County enters the orange tier (they need to have their numbers around 1 to 3.9 cases per 100k for about three weeks. OC is currently around 4.6) Also add 5-6 weeks of training and preparing for that.

The soonest Disneyland could open would be 9 weeks from now, so late December.

I could be wrong! But I attempted to apply some logic to the equation.

Comment

I'm sticking with sometime Jan-Apr 2021.

I don't think they'll open for the holidays if only to avoid doing any decorating, overlays, merch, and having the special foods/treats etc that people will expect. Lots of extra logistics and expenses involved with all of that even if they did a bare minimum. I think they're going to want to reopen with a minimum of muss and fuss.

Crowds will be capped so it's not like they're going to need special offerings/decor to attract guests. They'll hit whatever reservations capacity is determined easy with a combination of APs and 'regular' guest even if they do institute the rumored 120 mile limit. Which I don't think they'll do.
            "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Please let's keep this about Disney for once.

Comment

Based off Newsom's comments today, it looks like you can forget about this year.

And now the unions are reversing .....very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Thaddeus Toad View Post
                  Based off Newsom's comments today, it looks like you can forget about this year.

I AGREE..................and Base I what have read on the News today
                  Not going be soon !
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Once California says they can open.

Comment

Yes, we will be opening soon. I just know it. I am optimistic at least.
                      "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

If that hypothetically happens, then I think Disney & the other major theme parks, will officially seek a lawsuit against the State of California.

Then the feud will get uglier.

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert

I don't remember belonging to a FB group, but OK. That post, in fact the entire thread I believe, was deleted, yet you are posting it. Interesting you must take screen shots of my posts. I could be wrong. But I appreciate you keep tabs on me. Yes, I decided to come back. Have to correct some of you and your thinking. But at least put the whole quote if you are going to post something.
                          “Correct some of you and your thinking”?

Um. I’ll say it, but you are being incredibly rude, and condescending with that statement. Also, above all, ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

If that hypothetically happens, then I think Disney & the other major theme parks, will officially seek a lawsuit against the State of California.

Then the feud will get uglier.
                            I have this one on my bingo card.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

“Correct some of you and your thinking”?

Um. I’ll say it, but you are being incredibly rude, and condescending with that statement. Also, above all, ridiculous.
                              Then call me condescending, kind of like many of your posts and others. Why does it bother you if I decided to come back? Way to totally derail a thread, not that it matters anymore.

But I find it kind of inappropriate that someone posts a screen shot of a thread that was deleted. We all change our opinions. I still don't agree with Dusty's post, but that is just me. I don't wish death on anyone.

And what part is rude about my post? Everyone is so sensitive. Sorry. You breathe way to much into a post without understanding its meaning. That is the problem with the internet. You read it the way you want it to be read. You have so much dislike for me that you cannot comprehend what I am trying to say. As always, MY honest opinion.

Comment

It will be so nice to get back to just arguing over the color of paint on a railing in Disneyland.

Comment

Fall/Early Winter 2021. Possibly even later, even as late as 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappyland View Post
                                    Fall/Early Winter 2021. Possibly even later, even as late as 2022.
                                    If the new restrictions the governor announced today stand, I think it will be beyond next year. But I think the courts will ultimately determine how things proceed before that point if things continue this way.

Comment

Disneyland president said himself that the park will be closed for the "foreseeable future."

The standards for opening are quite strict and we will be unlikely to open up before next spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
                                        Disneyland president said himself that the park will be closed for the "foreseeable future."

The standards for opening are quite strict and we will be unlikely to open up before next spring.
                                        I just read that on the News.......
                                        and that will go for the other theme parks as well ............
                                        It would not be soon!
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X