X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat bit of History

Here's something I found on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SANTA-FE-DI....c100667.m2042

I'm sure most people here know this, but for the benefit of younger members, at one time the Disneyland Railroad was sponsored by the Santa Fe Railway, and the Park railroad was known as the " Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad." This is why the badge is stamped "S.F.& D. RR." Back in the day, the ticket sellers in Main Street and Frontierland Railroad Stations were called "Station Agents." They wore the standard Conductor uniform, but their hat badges were different (back then, there were also "Brakemen" in addition to Conductors). The shape of the badge was copied directly from the shape of actual Santa Fe crew hat badges. I believe the original badge shown in the listing in the only one known to exist.

Very Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
      Here's something I found on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SANTA-FE-DI....c100667.m2042

I'm sure most people here know this, but for the benefit of younger members, at one time the Disneyland Railroad was sponsored by the Santa Fe Railway, and the Park railroad was known as the " Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad." This is why the badge is stamped "S.F.& D. RR." Back in the day, the ticket sellers in Main Street and Frontierland Railroad Stations were called "Station Agents." They wore the standard Conductor uniform, but their hat badges were different (back then, there were also "Brakemen" in addition to Conductors). The shape of the badge was copied directly from the shape of actual Santa Fe crew hat badges. I believe the original badge shown in the listing in the only one known to exist.
      """"COOOOL""""""" Santa Fe all the WAY !..............
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I kind of remember this from a long time ago.

I guess the 2 or 3 brain cells I have left alive still work!!

Lol.

Comment

My understanding........badges was made out tinin those days
          and Walt had his own....Number one of course - #1
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
            My understanding........badges was made out tinin those days
            and Walt had his own....Number one of course - #1
            I believe you're referring to the earliest cast member identification badges. Names weren't used on the badges back then--you had an employee number. And yes, Walt's employee number was indeed "1."

The badges back then weren't made of plastic, either, nor tin: They were made of brass.

Comment

I've noticed a lot of ex-castmembers selling their name tags and CM only pins since the lay-offs began. Good time to be a collector.
              My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Scottie View Post
                I've noticed a lot of ex-castmembers selling their name tags and CM only pins since the lay-offs began. Good time to be a collector.
                Wow...I hadn't considered that. The repercussions of the pandemic are definitely far reaching.

Comment

Great! Thank you for posting.😃

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post

I believe you're referring to the earliest cast member identification badges. Names weren't used on the badges back then--you had an employee number. And yes, Walt's employee number was indeed "1."

The badges back then weren't made of plastic, either, nor tin: They were made of brass.
                    You could be right, being made out brass
                    I read something?........just know it was not plastic........
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

That is one thing I miss: the Station Agents and Conductor clicking your tickets. Since the discontinuation of Tickets, the immersion into the Attraction is somewhat diminished. Even though all the other Attractions can get away without "tickets", the "ticket" is a set piece for the Railroad, a prop that enhances the illusion of going on a trip.

I wish there was someway they could "sell" you a ticket to use for the Attraction. Maybe .25 cents and proceeds go to UNICEF?
                      We need another Walt...and fast!

"It's always more difficult to recover than it is to do the right thing at the beginning" - Tony Baxter,
                      The Imagineering Story, Episode 4 "Hit or Miss"

Comment

Originally posted by Laugh-O-Grams View Post
                        That is one thing I miss: the Station Agents and Conductor clicking your tickets. Since the discontinuation of Tickets, the immersion into the Attraction is somewhat diminished. Even though all the other Attractions can get away without "tickets", the "ticket" is a set piece for the Railroad, a prop that enhances the illusion of going on a trip.

I wish there was someway they could "sell" you a ticket to use for the Attraction. Maybe .25 cents and proceeds go to UNICEF?
                        My self
                        I miss the old SF&DL RR = Posters they use to have at the station's
                        IMO enhances the illusion of going on a trip !
                        and I always love to hear "ALBOARD" as well ////
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Laugh-O-Grams View Post
                          Indeed, the tickets issued by the Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad were exquisite works of art in and of themselves, meant to be cherished keepsakes. These are not to be confused with the bland A-E ticket of later years, but were specific to the railroad, featuring steel engravings of the E.P. Ripley and the C.K. Holliday, pulling their respective trains at speed.

Comment

Best Ticket
                            I gotten........1966
                            Was from Santa Fe........
                            They give the kids ...who was on there trains coming from back east to LA
                            A FREE Admission to Disneyland and a Free SF&DL Train Ride....
                            I though that was so cool........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years later ,I saw the same ticket on Display at the Main Street U.S.A. Station........
                            and later than that ,during the 50 th Disneyland-Display again with other's Tickets onMain Street U.S.A.
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X