Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monorail Air Horn

The Monorail air horns are back in stock if you want to convert your wimpy horn to an impressive blast.....

https://airhornsbygrover.com/product/1054-1055/
    “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
    so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
    WDW Trips: '81
    EPCOT Trips: '93
    Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Great horns for your Smart car, if you can find a place to put them.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Sadly for us pickup truck drivers, they're illegal to be used on pickups (and passenger cars) in most states, California included. Semis only.
      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
      - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
        Sadly for us pickup truck drivers, they're illegal to be used on pickups (and passenger cars) in most states, California included. Semis only.
        It's not "illegal". It's Interesting info, but it's not "law", just excerpts. California VC 27000(a) spells it out. AB 2245 (2009-2010) amended the dB level. You only have a problem if it's over 110 dB. That can be regulated with the air compressor. Other than that, you're good to go.
        Last edited by Laugh-O-Grams; 11-11-2020, 01:33 PM.
        We need another Walt...and fast!

"It's always more difficult to recover than it is to do the right thing at the beginning" - Tony Baxter,
        The Imagineering Story, Episode 4 "Hit or Miss"

Comment

Originally posted by stovk View Post
          The Monorail air horns are back in stock if you want to convert your wimpy horn to an impressive blast.....

https://airhornsbygrover.com/product/1054-1055/
          I have been looking to get those, and that is a good price. Thank you for the link.
          "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by Laugh-O-Grams View Post

Only if it's over 110 dB. That can be regulated with the air compressor. Other than that, you're good to go...oh and make sure you also read 27000VC(a).
            And I doubt there is any officer carrying a meter to monitor decibel levels.
            "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post

And I doubt there is any officer carrying a meter to monitor decibel levels.
              As with many Vehicle Codes, there is a subjectivity to it.

"It's always more difficult to recover than it is to do the right thing at the beginning" - Tony Baxter,

Comment

As with many Vehicle Codes, there is a subjectivity to it.
                Yep. And what are the chances a police officer will even be around or even care to stop you for this? Pretty much zero.

Comment

It's not "illegal". It's Interesting info, but it's not "law", just excerpts. California VC 27000(a) spells it out. AB 2245 (2009-2010) amended the dB level. You only have a problem if it's over 110 dB. That can be regulated with the air compressor. Other than that, you're good to go.
                  Yee-hah! Does the monorail sound need the twin horns or just one?
                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Yee-hah! Does the monorail sound need the twin horns or just one?
                    You need both to get that distinctive sound we all love . Be warned, they are long mothers

But hey, if you can mount them on a bicycle...

Comment

now I can be that annoying guy honking my way too loud horn...
                      I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Right alongside the even more annoying person who blasts their choice of music loud enough to force us to listen to it.........

I think I'd mount my horn on a turret so I can direct the loudest part right at the offending person.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X