Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you go to the park when it reopens?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • would you go to the park when it reopens?

    once the park reopens, would you go or would you wait for a few more months just to be safe? i wouldn't go even it i was within driving distance. i don't want to take any chances. i rather wait and be safe rather the risk it. it could take me at least a year maybe 2 before i make another trip.

    i know that there are hardcore disney fans who would be the first people in line, but how far would you go to be back at the park?

  • #2
    there’s two things to consider:

    Safety is first of course, but experience is also important.

    It will be a different experience at first and we’ve talked about that in this thread some:

    https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...eally-just-why

    What needs to happen before heading back will ultimately be up to each of us to figure out for ourselves.
    Mike_M

    Disneyland Trips
    Walt Disney World
    Disneyland Paris

    1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993

    2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019
    2020

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
      there’s two things to consider:

      Safety is first of course, but experience is also important.

      It will be a different experience at first and we’ve talked about that in this thread some:

      https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...eally-just-why

      What needs to happen before heading back will ultimately be up to each of us to figure out for ourselves.
      Spot on. I agree with the OP of the thread that you cited ("Why? No, really. Just...why?")...

      Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
      ...When Disneyland opens I foresee outrageously large crowds, insane wait times, no entertainment, limited food availability, and a pretty miserable experience overall. Why are people so eager for this? I truly don't get it.
      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

      - Walt Disney

      "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

      "It's very symbiotic."
      - Bob Chapek

      Comment


      • #4
        No.
        --
        http://www.bewaterwise.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Five things factor into how soon I'd be back:

          1.) Maintenance on the rides since its closure -- Was it being kept up like business as usual or cutback a bit? If it truly has been cutback, then I would wait a while longer, as things might either not be working well as they should, plus the risk of breakdowns and safety concerns.

          2.) What rides will be open -- Are the indoor rides totally off-limits because of the social distancing factor (e.g. Star Tours)?

          3.) Entertainment -- Fireworks, World of Color, Fantasmic... Will they cease to exist? I know the theater shows have been canned already.

          4.) Price -- Will it be the same price prior to the pandemic, or even higher?

          5.) Tram back up and running? --I know walking is part of the gamut, but when it is the end of the day, the tram back to the parking lot makes it a bit easier. Not having it available will hurt.


          If the product is watered down, even with a crowd control cap, I don't believe it is worth it. I'm willing to wait several years to see what happens before ever deciding to return.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jaymi View Post
            once the park reopens, would you go or would you wait for a few more months just to be safe? i wouldn't go even it i was within driving distance. i don't want to take any chances. i rather wait and be safe rather the risk it. it could take me at least a year maybe 2 before i make another trip.

            i know that there are hardcore disney fans who would be the first people in line, but how far would you go to be back at the park?
            Yes, I will be there the day it opens if I can get in.
            "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

            Comment


            • #7
              I was going to say 'it depends on how crowded it is' but I'll modify that to say 'it depends on how long the wait times are'.

              Also, how many rides are actually open plus, how often the break down.

              Comment


              • #8
                I will go when it opens 😀. Masked up, social distancing, hand sanitizer, equipped.
                Last edited by Steve43; 11-13-2020, 07:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't believe it is worth it for long -long -time ........It be years for me ......
                  I can wait !
                  Last edited by Eagleman; 11-13-2020, 10:02 PM.
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Once the pandemic is over. yes.
                    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

                    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Went to 5 national parks this year using money we’d otherwise use on APs. Would like to go back to DL when things return to pre-pandemic level of experience, but we’re having more fun going on NP trips.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My next planned trip is May 2022. So depending on when the parks actually open I will either but one of the first or waiting months.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes. If my schedule wasn't so busy, I would even plan a trip to Florida.
                          Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
                          http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I absolutely would go.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by hbdad View Post
                              Went to 5 national parks this year using money we’d otherwise use on APs. Would like to go back to DL when things return to pre-pandemic level of experience, but we’re having more fun going on NP trips.
                              I THINK THAT GREAT ............
                              There more to life than Disney !

                              I enjoy ours National Parks and State's Park's
                              Last edited by Eagleman; 11-14-2020, 08:51 PM.
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I have 16 nights in a DVC Villa at GC in March 2021. I’m
                                still planning on taking the trip cause I’m working a basketball tournament that will have no fans in attendance and when that ends I’ll be sightseeing since I know I more then likely won’t have the parks available.
                                At one point I was thinking of flying to WDW after the basketball tournament but I decided to sightsee so I can appreciate California for being more then just where Disneyland is.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  I honestly have no clue. My trips happen when the cards all aligned up with everyone. What became the "2020 Shutdown trip" was intially planned for Spring 2019...then Summer...then Fall...then Feburary...and finally booked for that darn March.....

                                  I almost wonder if I'll go to WDW before to Disneyland again, as next year will mark 15 years, since my 1st & only trip to WDW.

                                  After this epidemic is all over, I feel very tempted to have a splurge vacation, after working through the epidemic as "an essential worker".

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                                    I honestly have no clue. My trips happen when the cards all aligned up with everyone. What became the "2020 Shutdown trip" was intially planned for Spring 2019...then Summer...then Fall...then Feburary...and finally booked for that darn March.....

                                    I almost wonder if I'll go to WDW before to Disneyland again, as next year will mark 15 years, since my 1st & only trip to WDW.

                                    After this epidemic is all over, I feel very tempted to have a splurge vacation, after working through the epidemic as "an essential worker".
                                    Same here. Have been an essential and front line worker since this all started. Never got time off from work. Worked 15 hour days during the riots in LA (sorry, peaceful protests) Never got my $600 bonus check a week from EDD. When these parks open, I am going. I could care less if there are fireworks or parades. I don't watch those anyways. WHen movie theaters open, I am going. When restaurants open, I am going. None of this parking lot stuff.

                                    Took a quick trip to Vegas last month. Got to eat inside restaurants. Got to gamble, indoors. Even went to the movie theater in South Point. For $5, I got to watch Empire Strikes Back. It was cool.

                                    I have also been to Morongo 3 times now. And you can eat inside there also.
                                    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      no...but the news seems to be encouraging about a vaccine...summer may be the time to make our first visit...mask, wash hands, distancing are the things to do for now...
                                      I am old. But still love Disneyland.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        It would still ,be a long time for me.............even after epidemic !
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X