Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratatouille: Live at the Hyperion?

Ok, so if some if you are on TikTok (or even if you are not, as the thing is becoming famous outside of it), there has been a recent trend/meme about "Ratatouille: The Musical" that started off as a joke, but has now evolved to be this unique online collaboration thing that has taken a life of its own!
    (Check out the following video if you have no idea what I'm talking about https://youtu.be/pU2-01Px28I , speed to the 3:00 mark)

So, a lot of people are half-joking about it actually going on Broadway, and Disney on Broadway even retweeted it... but IMO I think this show could be fantastic at the theme parks. Specifically somewhere like the Hyperion.

Now I know Frozen isn't closed for good (And I love that show and I do hope it comes back and I can audition for it again) but... do you think given the massive interest and demand for this, Disney could create Ratatouille: The Musical at the Disney Parks?

I think it could be fantastic. And even better if Disney would hire some of the top and initial creators of this whole trend on Tiktok to collaborate (Though I know that might be too much wishful thinking).

One thing I could absolutely bet on: By the time Pixar Pier opens, there will be a T shirt with Remy on it captioned "The Rat of All Our Dreams".

Thoughts?
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

I know exactly what Ratatouille: The Musical is and I think due to me having experienced so much joy from the internet collaborating on such a fun idea, I will have this opinion...

I don't want Disney to touch it, lol.

Part of me believes Disney would take the idea and make it feel cheap. I know what you're thinking –– "How can it look cheaper than it already is? It's being manufactured by TikTok influencers." Well, I'm referring to the heart of it. I feel like anything Disney touches now turns into cold, uninspired corporate coal.

If Disney ever has a renaissance of some kind where their entertainment and Imagineering are given the freedom to create or adapt IP's with a twist, maybe. I think TWDC should reassess themselves before they touch the innocent, lovely, and beautifully flawed Ratatouille: The Musical.

I didn't realize I would be so impassioned writing this post, but hey... being stuck indoors will definitely do things to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
      I know exactly what Ratatouille: The Musical is and I think due to me having experienced so much joy from the internet collaborating on such a fun idea, I will have this opinion...

Part of me believes Disney would take the idea and make it feel cheap. I know what you're thinking –– "How can it look cheaper than it already is? It's being manufactured by TikTok influencers." Well, I'm referring to the heart of it. I feel like anything Disney touches now turns into cold, uninspired corporate coal.

If Disney ever has a renaissance of some kind where their entertainment and Imagineering are given the freedom to create or adapt IP's with a twist, maybe. I think TWDC should reassess themselves before they touch the innocent, lovely, and beautifully flawed Ratatouille: The Musical.

I didn't realize I would be so impassioned writing this post, but hey... being stuck indoors will definitely do things to you.
      That's got my vote for most eloquent post of the month, if not the year.
      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
      - Bob Chapek

Comment

I AGREE=bingo
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

If I were to choose a new Disney stage musical, I would pick Moana, with Lin Manuel Miranda returning to write new material for the adaptation.

The big question is....why haven't they done it yet???

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
            If I were to choose a new Disney stage musical, I would pick Moana, with Lin Manuel Miranda returning to write new material for the adaptation.

I'd be down for this or Tangled.
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I absolutely see your point and kind of agree with you I'm actually surprised Disney hasn't touched it yet. I wonder if there are some sort of legal conundrums to it.
              I have a dream
              A song to sing
              To help me cope
              Trough everything

If you see the wonder
              of a FairyTale
              You can take the future
              even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
              I believe in Angels

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

There's the Disney Cruise Line one! The whole thing it's on youtube, it's pretty good!
                I have a dream
                A song to sing
                To help me cope
                Trough everything

If you see the wonder
                of a FairyTale
                You can take the future
                even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
                I believe in Angels

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

Moana would be pretty cool! For some reason I feel like I would rather see that in the Fantasyland stage? I feel like Moana would do great as an outdoor theatre show.
                  I have a dream
                  A song to sing
                  To help me cope
                  Trough everything

If you see the wonder
                  of a FairyTale
                  You can take the future
                  even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
                  I believe in Angels

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Disney View Post

There's the Disney Cruise Line one! The whole thing it's on youtube, it's pretty good!
                    Sure, but would love it here as well. To me the show doesn't have to be new to be good...just as long as its a sold show.

I'm also be down for Hercules as something they could have fun with Hades Character.
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Sure, but would love it here as well. To me the show doesn't have to be new to be good...just as long as its a sold show.

I'm also be down for Hercules as something they could have fun with Hades Character.
                      I agree! I think it would make for a great transfer, and could maybe even be a bit bigger in scale since there is a lot more space at the Hyperion. And Hercules could also be cool! But definitely hope they don't do the cruise line version for that!
                      I have a dream
                      A song to sing
                      To help me cope
                      Trough everything

If you see the wonder
                      of a FairyTale
                      You can take the future
                      even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
                      I believe in Angels

Comment

The Tangled cruise line show is really good, but Hercules does not get enough love from Disney. I'd love to see a Hercules show.

I enjoy the Ratatouille: The Musical vids and agree that I wouldn't want Disney to get involved. Invariably, cuts, changes, decisions on which songs to include or not would get messy and fans of Broadway and of Disney and of both would all be let down in some way or another. It's best where it is and where all of it can be enjoyed. Multiple Remy's dad songs? Yeah, who cares if one is far superior, let's enjoy them all. Likewise, I want the Collette Tango AND "Keep Your Eyes on Me!"
                        Last edited by Sun Bonnet; 11-28-2020, 09:30 PM.
                        "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

I'm really not a big fan of Ratatouille. Though I've seen the movie several times, I can never really stay engaged.

Comment

A vote for Tangled !!! And yeah Moana is great too! But I like Tangled more hahaha....

And at last I see the light
                            And it's like the fog has lifted
                            And at last I see the light
                            And it's like the sky is new
                            And it's warm and real and bright
                            And the world has somehow shifted
                            All at once everything looks different
                            Now that I see you

Comment

The story telling version in fantasy fair is done pretty well for the abridged version.
                              BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

I don’t think turning Ratatouille into a musical would be that great. I love the film. It’s probably my favorite Pixar movie. But converting any film into a musical changes so much about how the story is told. The pacing, figuring out which moments should be sung, coming up with good music, etc... It usually becomes something extremely cheesy (no Rat/Mouse pun intended there) and more of a joke than a serious attempt at something good.

i’d rather see an existing musical film be converted to a stage show instead. There are tons of them in the Disney library to pick from.
                                Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                                Walt Disney World
                                Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
                                1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
                                2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

According to Playbill, a concert version of the TikTok-made Ratatouille musical will be live streamed and will benefit The Actor's Fund.

https://playbill.com/article/ratatou...he-actors-fund

Comment

Originally posted by vroomichael View Post
                                    According to Playbill, a concert version of the TikTok-made Ratatouille musical will be live streamed and will benefit The Actor's Fund.

https://playbill.com/article/ratatou...he-actors-fund
                                    I saw this! Hope Disney doesn't go all Scrooge McDuck and spoil good fun.

Comment

I saw this! Hope Disney doesn't go all Scrooge McDuck and spoil good fun.
                                      IMO- I felt Di$ney went "Scrooge" some years ago !
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X