Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Normal? Will Disneyland Require Proof Of Vaccination To Enter?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] The New Normal? Will Disneyland Require Proof Of Vaccination To Enter?

One common theme I keep hearing is the idea that once a strong vaccine makes its way into the mass population - life as we knew it - will just magically (pun intended) return to normal.

Personally speaking - I cannot believe after what this planet has endured will just simply phase back into life as it was before. Full disclosure - I am a participant in the Pfizer vaccine trial. At first I wasn’t certain I made the right choice but now I’m convinced without a doubt vaccination will be required. And yes I believe Disney’s public operations will too require it - at some point.

After being in this trial I can see that IMO that is where this will most likely will lead. How can it not?

Would you go to any public event yourself without a vaccination or want to spend 10-12 hours with tens of thousands of people from around the world at DLR? I don’t believe it.

Insurance - will our private health insurance not require it? Will they exclude care in case you contract it and your not vaccinated? Would Disney’s insurance underwriters cover the company from COVID related liability from guests and it’s staff??

Think of being in a ride queue and there’s someone coughing. Will we all just look the other way or feel anxiety?

While hard to swallow - think about what’s potentially next. There’s been a slew of stories trickling out this past week about some airlines mandating vaccinated flights. Maybe it will start as certain flights? Maybe Disney can do special dates?

Either way I cannot see how we move publicly forward without a mandated vaccine program and Disney being part of it.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Disneyidol; 11-27-2020, 01:52 PM.

Will never happen in my opinion? Things will be back to normal, again my opinion, by this time next year.

If someone is coughing, yes, I will look the other way, just like I do now.

If someone sneezes, same thing.

We will continue to touch surfaces and wash our hands just as we always did when visiting theme parks.

We will continue to be around sick people, just as we always have been.

I will go to any public event without a vaccination. Believe it.

Your opinion of the world may have changed and how you want to go about life, mine hasn't.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

I don't think they will require proof of vaccination. I do think that masks, distancing, etc will be mandated/policy through 2022, to allow enough of the population to have been vaccinated to be effective.

Comment

Originally posted by disneychrista View Post
        I don't think they will require proof of vaccination. I do think that masks, distancing, etc will be mandated/policy through 2022, to allow enough of the population to have been vaccinated to be effective.
        I agree. There are likely to be too many variables concerning the vaccines' efficacy and longevity for a "proof of vaccine" to be a gold standard for businesses, at least for the next couple of years. Too, the more a "proof of vaccine" card or document becomes a Go Anywhere Without a Mask pass, the more it will be counterfeited.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins

That's not surprising, considering that you've declared yourself in posts on this site to be a "proud anti-masker," and have a history of posts that dismiss the advice of medical science and minimize the danger of the COVID pandemic.
          "NOT Surprising to me Ether"
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I would be very open to the idea of vaccination passports. I think it would incentivize much of the population to get vaccinated. Disney would benefit, but as disneychrista said, it's not to be expected (my expectations are quite low). I would be pleasantly surprised if they did.

I'm not a fan of needles, but like that of the flu vaccine, I'm willing to shut my eyes and go on with it. It's just a temporary pinch!

Comment

Speaking as someone who lives in the area where the very first outbreak in the US was (Washington State, about 30 mins away from me), I haven't even been going out to get the mail without wearing a mask. And as much as it pains me, until I can feel confident that enough of the population (global, not just local) has been vaccinated, I won't be going to ANY of my normal "fun" things like trips to Disney, Comic Cons, etc. Heck, I'm not even sure how I'll approach movie theaters or Broadway tours for the foreseeable future. I live with family and others that live here frequently see my grandparents due to wok, and I'm not willing to be the asymptomatic carrier that contaminates the rest of them. For me, I won't go to any large public event/venue unless they require proof of vaccination and/or recent negative tests, masks, and distancing (which for Comic cons would help anyway because they are so packed to begin with, think like D23 or the parks on NYE.
              Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
              July 13th-18th
              November 19th-25th

Comment

The question is not 'Will Disney require a vaccine?', but rather 'Will the State of California require it?'. And yes, I could see the state actually enforcing it, just based on their current guidelines for park reopenings. I could also see the state adding a mandate requiring all employees MUST be vaccinated, in order for the parks to reopen.

If Disney actually had a say in the matter, I think they wouldn't bother asking for proof, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins

That's not surprising, considering that you've declared yourself in posts on this site to be a "proud anti-masker," and have a history of posts that dismiss the advice of medical science and minimize the danger of the COVID pandemic.
                  Got you...hook, line, and sinker. So predictable. It's funny also how you put the same post for everything I post. I really do enjoy it. My wife and I are having a good laugh right now. But, and I could be wrong, and I know you will search, I don't think I ever said, "proud anti-masker." I think you added a word to my original quote.

In fact, now that I looked, I don't think I ever said anti-masker. I found a post where I agreed with you about possibly saying that, but maybe you can go through your files on me and find the actual quote. If it is there, then my bad. I'm not afraid to admit when I am wrong.
                  "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by disneychrista View Post
                    I agree with you. This will be over soon. Once the vaccine starts being put out, people will move on to something else and we will return to normal. We did after all the other pandemics.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                      The question is not 'Will Disney require a vaccine?', but rather 'Will the State of California require it?'. And yes, I could see the state actually enforcing it, just based on their current guidelines for park reopenings. I could also see the state adding a mandate requiring all employees MUST be vaccinated, in order for the parks to reopen.

If Disney actually had a say in the matter, I think they wouldn't bother asking for proof, IMO.
                      This state does do crazy things. Like saying they want people to distance, but then don't follow their own rules at restaurants up north. Just like anything else than can be forged, so will any proof of being vaccinated. I'm sure there are anti-vaccine parents who forge documents for their kids to go to school.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

I'm not a fan of needles, but like that of the flu vaccine, I'm willing to shut my eyes and go on with it. It's just a temporary pinch!
                        I do the same thing when it comes to needles. I look the other way. Never had the flu vaccine, but for other shots.

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post

I do the same thing when it comes to needles. I look the other way. Never had the flu vaccine, but for other shots.
                          I don't think you understand how vaccines work. You get a vaccine so the population in general reaches herd immunity. Getting a vaccine is an unselfish act you do for others, not a selfish act you do for yourself.

I can't think of a more selfish act than freeloading on your neighbors getting vaccines without getting it yourself.
                          Last edited by PlutoSpace; 11-28-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoSpace View Post

I don't think you understand how vaccines work. You get a vaccine so the population in general reaches herd immunity. Getting a vaccine is an unselfish act you do for others, not a selfish act you do for yourself.

I can't think of a more selfish act than freeloading on your neighbors getting vaccines without getting it yourself.
                            Spot on. Sadly, the selfishness comes as no surprise in light of his posts about the pandemic in the Debate Lounge.
                            "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                            - Bob Chapek

Comment

...Got you...hook, line, and sinker...
                              I’ve been trying to stay out of these discussions for a while now but seriously dude, this is textbook troll behavior.
                              We get it. We know what you believe and don’t believe. The lines were drawn a while back, and we all know who supports your opinion and who doesn’t.

You post so much about how un-afraid you are of COVID, i can’t actually recall the last time you talked about anything Disney related. Even if you have contributed to non-covid posts, you’re so tainted on here by this, i’ve mostly skipped anything you write because I’ve personally lost any interest in your opinion. I would even make a guess that the few people here that actually support your opinion are also getting tired of your rants.

This game of taunting people on the internet with statements meant to get a rise out of the rest of us is immature at best.

Time to grow up and let it go.
                              Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                              Walt Disney World
                              Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
                              1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
                              2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoSpace View Post

Be honest. Did you think that before this pandemic? Many people never get the flu shot. And you do know that some people who get the flu shot still get the flu, right?

I put a link from WebMD, a very reliable source.

How Effective Is the Flu Vaccine?

Flu Vaccine Effectiveness: How Well Does It Work? (webmd.com)

According to the CDC, the flu vaccine reduces the odds of getting the flu by about 60%. But that number varies from year to year and among different groups of people.

Amazing though I try to agree with you on something regarding needles, and it has to be turned around. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

I’ve been trying to stay out of these discussions for a while now but seriously dude, this is textbook troll behavior.
                                  We get it. We know what you believe and don’t believe. The lines were drawn a while back, and we all know who supports your opinion and who doesn’t.

You post so much about how un-afraid you are of COVID, i can’t actually recall the last time you talked about anything Disney related. Even if you have contributed to non-covid posts, you’re so tainted on here by this, i’ve mostly skipped anything you write because I’ve personally lost any interest in your opinion. I would even make a guess that the few people here that actually support your opinion are also getting tired of your rants.

This game of taunting people on the internet with statements meant to get a rise out of the rest of us is immature at best.

Time to grow up and let it go.
                                  Thank you. Not trying to taunt anyone. That is your opinion. And I appreciate that. But why are you so offended by someone having an opinion that doesn't agree with yours? Is this what we have come to now.

And the subject of this thread screams COVID. It is unfortunately what every thread turns into. And it IS NOT me turning them that way. I ask please respect my opinions just as I do yours. I am sure there are things I am passionate about that you aren't, but I certainly don't care to come on here and tell you otherwise. Take care.

Comment

Thank you. Not trying to taunt anyone. That is your opinion. And I appreciate that. But why are you so offended by someone having an opinion that doesn't agree with yours? Is this what we have come to now.

And the subject of this thread screams COVID. It is unfortunately what every thread turns into. And it IS NOT me turning them that way. I ask please respect my opinions just as I do yours. I am sure there are things I am passionate about that you aren't, but I certainly don't care to come on here and tell you otherwise. Take care.
                                    I’m not offended at all by differing opinion. Mr. Wiggins and I have have very large and challenging debates with each other over Disneyland (that is the point of this forum after all, not COVID) and I believe he and I both benefitted from our different perspectives and opinions. I look forward to when he challenges my opinion on the park because it makes me think deeper about why I believe what I do. He also challenges me to make my points logically and without using poor or cheap tactics. I debate better because of those threads.

What does offend me is beating a dead horse which is what most of these COVID threads become. It is entirely possible to have a COVID thread on here that has something different to say, but in all honesty, that ‘something different’ usually makes it’s point in the first couple responses. Everything afterwards is beating that dead horse by making the same boasts again and again.

Lastly, there is a difference between opinion and fact. I am not going to rehash what has already been said, but there have been plenty of falsehoods portrayed as opinion in these COVID threads. It’s one thing if people are talking about Disneyland and getting the facts wrong. It’s something completely different when discussing a topic where lives are being lost daily.

If it was up to me, no covid threads would be allowed in the general discussion group for Disneyland at all.

Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                                    Walt Disney World
                                    Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
                                    1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
                                    2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Amazing though I try to agree with you on something regarding needles, and it has to be turned around. Wow.
                                      Vaccine efficacy for an individual of 60% translates into a VERY effective prevention of a pandemic. You just need enough conscientious people to take the vaccine to make up for the inevitable freeloaders to prevent a widespread outbreak. It’s surprising someone would be so open about admitting to being a burden on society.

Comment

Vaccine proof...I doubt it but for sure next year and maybe into 2022 we will see masks as a must. Once I get the Vaccine and if they require masks I'll most likely still go to universal because thats a few hours and wearing a mask for a few hours isn't that bad Disneyland would be an all day thing and in the head especially no thanks
                                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X