Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where in the Parks Picture Game Intro and Photo #1

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

    Correct! In front of the Frontier Tower AKA the Bonita Tower. Oddly enough, I didn't realize that the Wedding Gazebo can be seen in the background. LOL

    This next one is an easy one (before I post an extremely hard one).
    LEGO store Downtown Disney
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

      LEGO store Downtown Disney
      Correct!

      Now, for the difficult one: Where can you find this painting of the Matterhorn?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

        Correct!

        Now, for the difficult one: Where can you find this painting of the Matterhorn?
        Disneyland Hotel -It to the right from Main Lobby area near the convention room -Magic tower/Fantasy Tower
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

        Comment


        • Eagleman is crushing it!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
            Eagleman is crushing it!
            Alec = statement coming from a pro .........."Thank You"
            Last edited by Eagleman; 02-25-2021, 08:28 PM.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

            Comment




            • Added information
              This painting is a Concept Art Work - ( I think)1957 - what the "Matterhood" would look like
              ,before it was Built .....
              and open 1959
              Last edited by Eagleman; 02-25-2021, 09:05 PM.
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

                Disneyland Hotel -It to the right from Main Lobby area near the convention room -Magic tower/Fantasy Tower
                You are partially correct. The potrait is in the Fantasy Tower in the Disneyland Hotel, but not in that exact spot.

                When I took this this photo, the portrait was hung above the stairwell to the Fantasy Tower's basement bathrooms.This is next door to the Small World Gift & Sundries shop.

                I took the photo on March 15, 2020, the day before the Disneyland hotel closed.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

                  You are partially correct. The potrait is in the Fantasy Tower in the Disneyland Hotel, but not in that exact spot.

                  When I took this this photo, the portrait was hung above the stairwell to the Fantasy Tower's basement bathrooms.This is next door to the Small World Gift & Sundries shop.

                  I took the photo on March 15, 2020, the day before the Disneyland hotel closed.
                  I sure you are right....

                  LOL - Like many Pictures and Paintings - they have move it around.......I sure
                  Even change the name of Gift & Sundries shop..........
                  I re-calI another name, like Fantasy Gift & Sundries shop - at one time
                  Not Surprising !
                  Last edited by Eagleman; 02-25-2021, 09:55 PM.
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

                    I sure you are right....

                    LOL - Like many Pictures and Paintings - they have move it around.......I sure
                    Even change the name of Gift & Sundries shop..........
                    I re-calI another name, like Fantasy Gift & Sundries shop - at one time
                    Not Surprising !
                    Yep. And I think it was "Castle Sundries" back in the 80s.
                    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                    designed to appeal to everyone."

                    - Walt Disney

                    "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                    - Michael Eisner

                    "It's very symbiotic."
                    - Bob Chapek

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

                      Yep. And I think it was "Castle Sundries" back in the 80s.
                      YOUR RIGHT "BINGO"
                      _Just know the name change_many times
                      I seen many times were ,Pictures and Paintings do get move around.......

                      How many years - we both have seen , that hotel change?
                      Last edited by Eagleman; 02-26-2021, 04:03 PM.
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

                      Comment


                      • Posted this earlier, but I didn't see any guesses.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by The Real McDuck View Post
                          Posted this earlier, but I didn't see any guesses.
                          ok ...I take a guess
                          Plaza Inn
                          Last edited by Eagleman; 02-26-2021, 09:32 PM.
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

                            ok ...I take a guess

                            Plaza Inn
                            Guess again, my fine feathered friend.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by The Real McDuck View Post

                              Guess again, my fine feathered friend.


                              French Market Restaurant ,my fine feathered friend !

                              LOL
                              Last edited by Eagleman; 02-26-2021, 09:31 PM.
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by The Real McDuck View Post
                                Posted this earlier, but I didn't see any guesses.
                                This is a tough one that I don't recognize but it looks so incredibly familiar. The pots give me a kitchen theme. I know the confectioners in the Candy Palace use copper pots, but that's not exactly a restaurant. The Pinocchio (and is that Stromboli, perhaps?) tell me it's the old Village Haus restaurant, but that may be too obvious for something that looks like it should be an easter egg. Consider me stumped.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Eagleman View Post


                                  French Market Restaurant ,my fine feathered friend !

                                  LOL
                                  Nope.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                                    Consider me stumped.
                                    I'm taking that as a big compliment, coming from you.

                                    Not the village hause, but you're right about the hidden character.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

                                      Consider me stumped.
                                      well that two of us........
                                      got to think this out more.......

                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                      Comment


                                      • I was sure Alec would known
                                        TRYING............Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante
                                        It like ,I know ,I have seen them....question is were?
                                        Last edited by Eagleman; 02-27-2021, 04:03 PM.
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                        Comment


                                        • Not the Rancho, no.

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X