Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

I never saw in it person, but I seen pictures of it.
    Right. Most people probably didn't see it. For those that did, they went in once or twice, didn't get it, never went back, and in comparison to the maelstrom of other ideas and expositions housed within the area, immediately forgot about this particular scene.

Comment

• This is an easy one.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real McDuck View Post
        This is an easy one.
        Monorail drivers car?
        BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

• Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

Monorail drivers car?
          It is!

Comment

• Good One......
            Just a note : CM Monorail Driver are call Pilots
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Really making me stretch, here. This forum has some real park experts in it.

Comment

• Would this be showing the future site of the Tropical Hideaway?
                It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by tom sawyer View Post
                  Would this be showing the future site of the Tropical Hideaway?
                  Bingo -I think you have it
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by tom sawyer View Post
                    Would this be showing the future site of the Tropical Hideaway?
                    That's about right. I was surprised at how different the inside of this location looked compared to what the entrance looked like, as well as how much they could fit in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real McDuck View Post

That's about right. I was surprised at how different the inside of this location looked compared to what the entrance looked like, as well as how much they could fit in there.
                      It was years ago Tahitian Terrace
                      and that area , was Disneyland's first dinner theater

So that area was long ,big did fit a lots of tables
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

It was years ago Tahitian Terrace
                        and that area , was Disneyland's first dinner theater

So that area was long ,big did fit a lots of tables
                        I loved the Tahitian Terrace as a kid I still have fond memories of the Hawaiian dancers and Luau vibe.

Comment

I loved the Tahitian Terrace as a kid I still have fond memories of the Hawaiian dancers and Luau vibe.
                          I LOVE it too....I seen it 4 times at Disneyland .....it was a great Show.........I was also lucky ,and got to see at Walt Disney World as well
                          same show ,with another kind of view from there own hotel !
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I LOVE it too....I seen it 4 times at Disneyland .....it was a great Show.........I was also lucky ,and got to see at Walt Disney World as well
                            same show ,with another kind of view from there own hotel !
                            While we have gone to Disney World a fair amount I never did get to see this show there. I do love the Polynesian resort just wish they had more DVC options.

Comment

• This is a screenshot from a video I found on YT. If you watch the video the answer is obvious, but I would like to see if anyone here can guess how the original video was taken and when?

Comment

• Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
                                This is a screenshot from a video I found on YT. If you watch the video the answer is obvious, but I would like to see if anyone here can guess how the original video was taken and when?
                                I'm going to say taken from the skyway, facing Tomorrowland after the 67 update.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
                                  This is a screenshot from a video I found on YT. If you watch the video the answer is obvious, but I would like to see if anyone here can guess how the original video was taken and when?
                                  I'm pretty sure I know what event this is, but I won't give any clues beyond what you've already shared. I wasn't alive then, but I only remember seeing photos with guests/photographers facing Frontierland rather than Tomorrowland. I'd love to see the video once someone figures it out.

Comment

I'm going to say taken from the skyway, facing Tomorrowland after the 67 update.
                                    My first thought was that as well, but the skyway traveled behind the castle, and through the Matterhorn, so you would never have been able to get that angle. I admit that I had to think about it for a minute before the video eventually gave it away.

Comment

• No idea and I don't feel like searching Youtube for the answer. Post a link to the video when the answer is given.
                                      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

• Look like it AFTER 1987,because Star Tour was open......

and it before 1998 Tomorrowland
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Look like it AFTER 1987,because Star Tour was open......

and it before 1998 Tomorrowland
                                          Hmm... I wonder what Disneyland had going on in 1987/1988 that could have given guests this view from the Hub.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X