Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it is on Main Street, there are a few places I haven't been into, there, where this might be housed.

I've never been into the first aid center or the Make a Wish foundation building. It could be from either of those places.

Though I have been inside it several times, it is not screaming Jolly Holiday bakery to me.

This is a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real McDuck View Post

Plastic and nylon flowers were sold on Main Street on the side street that used to have the Main street Cone Shop and the lockers. I don't remember seeing it in that section, and they were sold there only like two years ago, so I doubt that would be considered back in the day to anyone.

That isn't by the restrooms close to the Plaza inn, is it?
      I never got to experience the Main Street flower market, but it's one of those quirky things I would have loved to have seen back in the day.

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

I thinking Main Street too....
      But ,I thinking old side street shop - were old Card Corner ,use to be ?
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I got thinking more it ,near Town Square -
      old Hills Bros. Coffee House & Coffee Garden
      /American Egg House use to be !
      You're correct that it's just off the Town Square.

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

From Alec's hint I'm guessing Main Street. And I agree with MrGoat that from the shadows it's inside. I don't know for certain where that puts it, but from the earlier-than-Victorian style of the piece, and by eliminating the other possible Main Street locations, I'm guessing Lincoln...?
      Your guess is correct! What you're looking at is the filled-in fireplace on at the back wall of the Mr. Lincoln preshow room! Here's a wider angle photo to give a better reference. Just above the frame is where the preshow video plays.

Attached Files
      Last edited by WaltDisney'sAlec; 02-05-2021, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

for some reason I can not see your picture
        Not sure why that is! I have my images stored on another website just to save space on my computer, and I copy them from there and paste them in the body of the forum post. I've taken to both attaching the file to the post now as well, but here's a link to the photo that stumped everyone but Mr. Wiggins.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

I never got to experience the Main Street flower market, but it's one of those quirky things I would have loved to have seen back in the day.

You're correct that it's just off the Town Square.

Your guess is correct! What you're looking at is the filled-in fireplace on at the back wall of the Mr. Lincoln preshow room! Here's a wider angle photo to give a better reference. Just above the frame is where the preshow video plays.

WOW Amazing.........I rack my brain over this one.......
          Have to say Mr. Wiggins is good........
          well , I was near.......I know, I have seen it .........Thanks Alec
          Last edited by Eagleman; 02-05-2021, 07:57 PM.
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Really good one, Alec. The tile floor was really throwing me off. The woodwork looked like a lot of things on Main Street, but the floor tile was matching the tile in the Main Street Candy Palace.

Score one for Mr. Wiggins! I'm glad someone figured it out.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by The Real McDuck; 02-06-2021, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• Is it ok to use pictures that were taken elsewhere in the resort? I have several good ones taken outside the parks, like in Downtown Disney & the Disneyland hotels.

Comment

Thanks for a killer brainstumper! I don't remember ever noticing that piece in the fireplace. Without the clue of Main Street's Flower Mart I would've been stumped. On Main Street I could only guess Plaza Inn or Lincoln, and it seemed too dramatic for the Plaza Inn, so that left Lincoln.
                "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                - Bob Chapek

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Thanks for a killer brainstumper! I don't remember ever noticing that piece in the fireplace. Without the clue of Main Street's Flower Mart I would've been stumped. On Main Street I could only guess Plaza Inn or Lincoln, and it seemed too dramatic for the Plaza Inn, so that left Lincoln.
                  I miss old Hills Bros. Coffee House-Town Square
                  It was there ,I use to have a night cap
                  a sweat roll and coffee ,before leaving the park......anyway that were ,I got my concept......of the picture.
                  Way to go Mr. Lincoln......I mean Mr. Wiggins
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Comment

• The P.T. Flea Market was located in the Bountiful Farm area of California Adventure, right next to the entrance to Bugs Land. This tin can fountain might have been a transition point where visitors change from normal size down to a bug's size.
                      Last edited by The Real McDuck; 02-07-2021, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real McDuck View Post

The P.T. Flea Market was located in the Bountiful Farm area of California Adventure, right next to the entrance to Bugs Land. This Tim can fountain might have been a transition point where visitors change from normal size down to a bug's size.
                        YEP....I AGREE -Real McDuck got it
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• The Real McDuck got it.

Comment

• This one stumped even me for a while too until I saw the wider angle. Let me know what you think!

Comment

This one stumped even me for a while too until I saw the wider angle. Let me know what you think!

Alec
                              Darn...that is a stumpber.....I think it off Main Street u.s.a. ?
                              But sure you want more concept LOL-
                              were
                              Mr. Wiggins ?
                              Last edited by Eagleman; 02-11-2021, 05:07 PM.
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

This one stumped even me for a while too until I saw the wider angle. Let me know what you think!

This would be a 1926 pamphlet for the show Craig's Wife. Buena Vista Street is themed to the 1920s.

Comment

• Originally posted by whoever View Post
                                  How about this?

I'm taking a stab in the dark because I've never been there myself, but I think I remember this from one of your trip reports. Is this a stained glass window in the private dining room at Club 33? If not there, then perhaps somewhere in the Disneyland Dream Suite?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Alec
                                    Darn...that is a stumpber.....I think it off Main Street u.s.a. ?
                                    But sure you want more concept LOL-
                                    were
                                    Mr. Wiggins ?
                                    Main Street is correct (I think, haha). If you can guess the building it's in, I reveal the wider photo!

Originally posted by The Real McDuck View Post

This would be a 1926 pamphlet for the show Craig's Wife. Buena Vista Street is themed to the 1920s.
                                    This threw me off too. I did some research on the Morosco Theatre, specifically the Los Angeles counterpart to the New York original and found this interesting website. It would appear this is the theater referenced in the program, since it shares the same Broadway & 8th address in Los Angeles. This would even make it more likely to be set on Buena Vista Street, in my view. However, I figured maybe Imagineering found the item for BVS, didn't end up using it, and then recycled it because they thought the timeline was close enough in age to Main Street U.S.A. itself and therefore decided to place it there.

Comment

This threw me off too. I did some research on the Morosco Theatre, specifically the Los Angeles counterpart to the New York original and found this interesting website. It would appear this is the theater referenced in the program, since it shares the same Broadway & 8th address in Los Angeles. This would even make it more likely to be set on Buena Vista Street, in my view. However, I figured maybe Imagineering found the item for BVS, didn't end up using it, and then recycled it because they thought the timeline was close enough in age to Main Street U.S.A. itself and therefore decided to place it there.
                                      This is a window for the Main Street Magic Shop then. The reasons I am coming to this conclusion are these:

The present in the window suggests that, wherever this is, things are sold inside.

The present is wrapped, which further suggests that, whatever is sold inside, is of a hidden, surprising nature.

The gloves suggests a time out to tge theater, but Magicians also wear gloves, though not like the ones in the photo.

Magic, at the time, was largely performed in theaters, and if you were seated on a balcony or in the back of the theater, you would want a closer view to see what's going on on stage, like what you'd get from the monocle scope.

The theater pamphlet depicts a show from 1926, which is the same year Harry Houdini performed his final show, and then died. Many of the artifacts within the magic shop are purported to be from Houdini, himself, so it would stand to reason that there would be a hint towards him in the window.

I could also be 100% wrong about where this is.
                                      Last edited by The Real McDuck; 02-12-2021, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I'm taking a stab in the dark because I've never been there myself, but I think I remember this from one of your trip reports. Is this a stained glass window in the private dining room at Club 33? If not there, then perhaps somewhere in the Disneyland Dream Suite?
                                        It's in the expanded corridor between the lobby and the dining room. I don't think it's an original motif, but the windows were shrouded by curtains when it was still in it's original form, and I didn't bother to poke my head up and look at the time.
                                        Matt's 40th Birthday Disneyland Trip. Club 33, Napa Rose, and Adventureland Suite!!! ~~|~~ Katherine's 11th Birthday Dapper Day trip with Club 33 ~~|~~ Matt's Review of the Art of the Craft Tour at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~~|~~ My Spring, 2017 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My Fall, 2016 Dapper Day and Club33 Trip Report ~~|~~ My Summer, 2016 Walt's LA tour with Bob Gurr and Marty Skylar ~~|~~ My Summer, 2016 Family Firsts Trip Report ~~|~~ Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report ~~|~~ World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report ~~|~~ My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party ~~|~~ My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club ~~|~~ My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report ~~|~~ My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2011 Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X