Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Real McDuck View Post

This is a window for the Main Street Magic Shop then. The reasons I am coming to this conclusion are these:

The present in the window suggests that, wherever this is, things are sold inside.

The present is wrapped, which further suggests that, whatever is sold inside, is of a hidden, surprising nature.

The gloves suggests a time out to tge theater, but Magicians also wear gloves, though not like the ones in the photo.

Magic, at the time, was largely performed in theaters, and if you were seated on a balcony or in the back of the theater, you would want a closer view to see what's going on on stage, like what you'd get from the monocle scope.

The theater pamphlet depicts a show from 1926, which is the same year Harry Houdini performed his final show, and then died. Many of the artifacts within the magic shop are purported to be from Houdini, himself, so it would stand to reason that there would be a hint towards him in the window.

I could also be 100% wrong about where this is.
    Haha, you're getting warmer! The present may be a red herring, as the window also has a few other decorations from Christmastime (when the photo was taken). But you're spot on about the fact that what's in the window hints at where on Main Street you'll find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

Haha, you're getting warmer! The present may be a red herring, as the window also has a few other decorations from Christmastime (when the photo was taken). But you're spot on about the fact that what's in the window hints at where on Main Street you'll find it.
      Geeee
      I going try...
      The Main Street Opera House in Town Square ....
      I thinking -it a window or something ?
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Geeee
        I going try...
        The Main Street Opera House in Town Square ....
        I thinking -it a window or something ?
        You're correct, Eagleman! If you're facing the entrance to the Opera House from the Town Square, this is the window display just to the right. Here's a wider angle with the full display. If you look carefully, you can see the reflection of the Main Street Train Station adorned with its light-up garland.

Comment

You're correct, Eagleman! If you're facing the entrance to the Opera House from the Town Square, this is the window display just to the right. Here's a wider angle with the full display. If you look carefully, you can see the reflection of the Main Street Train Station adorned with its light-up garland.

ABOUT THAT.........
          Big Guess ,on my part........
          Thinking it must be off-a window that most just pass by........
          But-I went with stuff that was on the chair.......is how I came up with ,my concept.......Amazing
          Last edited by Eagleman; 02-12-2021, 04:26 PM.
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Another good one, Alec

Comment

• What about this?

Comment

What about this?
                "That a Bird" LoL
                I going try again...... I think the picture is taken around "New Orleans Square Station" ?

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

"That a Bird" LoL
                  I going try again...... I think the picture is taken around "New Orleans Square Station" ?

Nope. You're on the right side of the park, though.

Comment

What about this?
                    Wow, what a great shot of the bird! That looks like the wrought iron work form New Orleans Square, and judging by the angle I'm going to say it's at the standby entrance for Pirates of the Caribbean. Otherwise I don't know where else the shrubs grow into the ironwork like that.

Comment

• Try again
                      In the middle of "New Orleans Square " near Blue Bayou?
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Wow, what a great shot of the bird! That looks like the wrought iron work form New Orleans Square, and judging by the angle I'm going to say it's at the standby entrance for Pirates of the Caribbean. Otherwise I don't know where else the shrubs grow into the ironwork like that.
                        Right. Birdo was standing and singing directly in the center of the ironwork above the tunnel entrance to the pirates queue. Good work!

Comment

I think you have it .......Alec that another guess ,I had
                          it the shrubs ...... that throwing me off.....
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          well I got Bird right...good one= Real Mc Duck !
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Probably another easy one...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrGoat View Post
                              Probably another easy one...
                              Based on the books, if this wasn't behind a glass display, I would almost say Tarzan's Tree House. Maybe the Princess Fantasy Fair. The stone hands are throwing me off.

Comment

• I sure ,Im way off....but going try any way......
                                Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• This one is really got me stumped but my guess is in the story telling theater in princess fantasy fair.
                                  BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

• Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
                                    This one is really got me stumped but my guess is in the story telling theater in princess fantasy fair.
                                    I'm trying to think of spots in the park's where there is a statue of two characters dancing, as that is what the clasped stone fingers in the photo suggest. That's suggesting Fantasyland or the princess fair, or even the Little Mermaid, or the restaurant, or the Disney Gallery.

Comment

I'm trying to think of spots in the park's where there is a statue of two characters dancing, as that is what the clasped stone fingers in the photo suggest. That's suggesting Fantasyland or the princess fair, or even the Little Mermaid, or the restaurant, or the Disney Gallery.
                                      I have thought of those as well.

Comment

• Wow, I had no idea this would be that obscure! Here's a more complete shot

Comment

• Originally posted by MrGoat View Post
                                          Wow, I had no idea this would be that obscure! Here's a more complete shot
                                          Wow, that actually made it worse. I do not think I have ever seen this.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X