X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mickdaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

I LOVE it too....I seen it 4 times at Disneyland .....it was a great Show.........I was also lucky ,and got to see at Walt Disney World as well
    same show ,with another kind of view from there own hotel !
    While we have gone to Disney World a fair amount I never did get to see this show there. I do love the Polynesian resort just wish they had more DVC options.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

I loved the Tahitian Terrace as a kid I still have fond memories of the Hawaiian dancers and Luau vibe.
    I LOVE it too....I seen it 4 times at Disneyland .....it was a great Show.........I was also lucky ,and got to see at Walt Disney World as well
    same show ,with another kind of view from there own hotel !

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied

It was years ago Tahitian Terrace
    and that area , was Disneyland's first dinner theater

So that area was long ,big did fit a lots of tables
    I loved the Tahitian Terrace as a kid I still have fond memories of the Hawaiian dancers and Luau vibe.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by The Real McDuck View Post

That's about right. I was surprised at how different the inside of this location looked compared to what the entrance looked like, as well as how much they could fit in there.
    It was years ago Tahitian Terrace
    and that area , was Disneyland's first dinner theater

So that area was long ,big did fit a lots of tables

Leave a comment:

• The Real McDuck
    replied
    Originally posted by tom sawyer View Post
    Would this be showing the future site of the Tropical Hideaway?
    That's about right. I was surprised at how different the inside of this location looked compared to what the entrance looked like, as well as how much they could fit in there.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by tom sawyer View Post
    Bingo -I think you have it

Leave a comment:

• tom sawyer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Real McDuck
    replied
    Really making me stretch, here. This forum has some real park experts in it.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Good One......
    Just a note : CM Monorail Driver are call Pilots

Leave a comment:

• The Real McDuck
    replied
    Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

Monorail drivers car?
    It is!

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied
    This is an easy one.
    Monorail drivers car?

Leave a comment:

• The Real McDuck
    replied
    This is an easy one.

Leave a comment:

• The Real McDuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

I never saw in it person, but I seen pictures of it.
    Right. Most people probably didn't see it. For those that did, they went in once or twice, didn't get it, never went back, and in comparison to the maelstrom of other ideas and expositions housed within the area, immediately forgot about this particular scene.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

[QUOTE=Spongeocto4;n8633017]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What I was.........looking at mostly , was the wall in the back ground.....
    which gave to me the concept.....it was indoor
    "Dream Home" section of Innoventions - which was indoor
    Last edited by Eagleman; 03-07-2021, 04:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    replied

This is correct. Good job!

Leave a comment:

• The Real McDuck
    replied
    spoiler- cross my mind as well - but they already torn it out ....and it has been some years ago!
    I did suggest that not many people had been there since I took the picture. The clue completely gave the location away.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
    This is a great one, The Real McDuck! It looked so incredibly familiar at first. I kept thinking it had to be in DCA because the look evoked both California craftsman styles and the art nouveau MrGoat mentioned. I tried to walkthrough DCA in my head to see if I could place it, but the wicker chair, tile work, and plants outside the window didn't match up with anything I knew.

I'm not sure how, but in that process it randomly came to me. It has definitely been many years since I had seen it or set foot there before it was torn out, but I did remember it.
    spoiler- cross my mind as well - but they already torn it out ....and it has been some years ago!

Leave a comment:

• The Real McDuck
    replied
    Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
    This is a great one, The Real McDuck! It looked so incredibly familiar at first. I kept thinking it had to be in DCA because the look evoked both California craftsman styles and the art nouveau MrGoat mentioned. I tried to walkthrough DCA in my head to see if I could place it, but the wicker chair, tile work, and plants outside the window didn't match up with anything I knew.

I'm not sure how, but in that process it randomly came to me. It has definitely been many years since I had seen it or set foot there before it was torn out, but I did remember it.

Spoiler
    This was the foyer of the "Dream Home" section of Innoventions.
    This is correct. Good job!

Leave a comment:

• WaltDisney'sAlec
    replied

Spoiler
    This was the foyer of the "Dream Home" section of Innoventions.

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    This one is frustrating. I swear I seen that door before. I keep thinking Grand California, but it's not.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X