Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeling so lonely - I wanna unwind, how?!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling so lonely - I wanna unwind, how?!

Hey guys,
    How is everyone? I dont know if I this is the thread that I could share this here - I just wanted to breath a little.

I hope all is going well with you guys. I, myself don't feel good, I wanted to go unwind, travel and visit parks. I wanted to book a trip to HKDL but I am so hesitant since it is still closed. I feel I am caged. When will all this be over. I am worried of what is happening today and what will happen tomorrow. How can we survive all of these things?
    I do smile and laugh,...but deep inside I have this anxiety if we ever gonna be real safe and be able to enjoy being outside...

Are you also feeling the same way?

Originally posted by Sukie Norman View Post
    Hey guys,
    How is everyone? I dont know if I this is the thread that I could share this here - I just wanted to breath a little.

I hope all is going well with you guys. I, myself don't feel good, I wanted to go unwind, travel and visit parks. I wanted to book a trip to HKDL but I am so hesitant since it is still closed. I feel I am caged. When will all this be over. I am worried of what is happening today and what will happen tomorrow. How can we survive all of these things?
    I do smile and laugh,...but deep inside I have this anxiety if we ever gonna be real safe and be able to enjoy being outside...

Are you also feeling the same way?
    Excellent post! Those feelings of being caged and isolated that you so well describe are very real. Here are some articles with tips on helping yourself get through it -- maybe something in one or more of them will work for you.

Staying Positive During the COVID-19 Pandemic

Try identifying ‘Three Good Things’ each evening to boost happiness during the COVID-19 pandemic

5 Ways To Stay Positive During Pandemic Chaos

7 Ways to Stay Positive During the Pandemic

8 Positive Things to Do During the Pandemic

9 Ways To Stay Positive During The Coronavirus Pandemic

10 Ways to Stay Positive during Tough Times

Feeling Helpless Because of Coronavirus? Here Are 11 Things You Can Do
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Those are great resources, Sometimes just taking the time to take a walk or go to the park will help. I fully understand how you feel, my family are vacation people and we have not been able to do one in over a year now and it really does take a toll.
      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Sukie...hang in there. I'm feeling the same way -- at wit's end. I'm thinking it's tougher right now because with the vaccines in sight, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it's still too far away! mickdaddy made good suggestions. Extra fresh air and exercise is helpful. That's my plan, anyhow. That and telling myself over and over that it's not always gonna be like this. Stay strong!

Comment

I will say right now my big worry is that we have fully hit winter here in Utah and its hard to get out and do things because it is so cold. High of 31 yesterday. I worry this will increase the seasonal depression as people are already feeling that way before.

Comment

I know for many of us (myself included), a trip to Disneyland is a recharging event. Stepping inside the berm is a way to let go of the stress and problems of every day life, even if just for a few hours. Not having that outlet, or a suitable alternative can be difficult.

As someone who’s had a traveler’s mindset most of my adult life, it’s been less than fun being confined to my home for a majority of the last 9 months.

One of the ways i’ve allowed my mind a little escape now and again has surprisingly been through my Disney parks fandom. I have years of photos from my adult trips (To Disney parks and other places I’ve traveled to) running on a constant loop through my digital picture frames. It’s fun to relive old adventures. I’ve also been posting more on here than I have in years past since it’s nice to communicate with people that share this interest with me.

I’ve got other things as well that have helped pass the time until we can start thinking about a normal existence again. Self care right now is important for sure. Find what works for you and enjoy it.

We are getting closer to the finish line. before we all know it, we will once again find ourselves inside of the berm.
            Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
            Walt Disney World
            Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
            1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
            2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
              I know for many of us (myself included), a trip to Disneyland is a recharging event. Stepping inside the berm is a way to let go of the stress and problems of every day life, even if just for a few hours. Not having that outlet, or a suitable alternative can be difficult.

As someone who’s had a traveler’s mindset most of my adult life, it’s been less than fun being confined to my home for a majority of the last 9 months.

One of the ways i’ve allowed my mind a little escape now and again has surprisingly been through my Disney parks fandom. I have years of photos from my adult trips (To Disney parks and other places I’ve traveled to) running on a constant loop through my digital picture frames. It’s fun to relive old adventures. I’ve also been posting more on here than I have in years past since it’s nice to communicate with people that share this interest with me.

I’ve got other things as well that have helped pass the time until we can start thinking about a normal existence again. Self care right now is important for sure. Find what works for you and enjoy it.

We are getting closer to the finish line. before we all know it, we will once again find ourselves inside of the berm.
              I am Crossing my fingers Disneyland will open in time for me to take a spring break trip in April. Being a teacher I really need that escape inside the berm.

Comment

You did the best thing...talk or write about how you're feeling...we all share these feelings, not in the same ways but it gives everyone a chance to share feelings and get stuff off our chests...and this will not be a forever thing...vaccines have rolled out, still need to wear masks and do the other things for safety sakes...Hanukkah, Christmas and New Years will still arrive with all of their spirits and feeling, but not as we wish it to be, but nonetheless, it's still the holidays...
                I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Posting your feelings here will help, there are some really good people here.

My late wife was bi-polar her whole life, one thing that seemed to help her get through a down stage is to find some sort of distraction. It can be just about anything, reading a book, chatting with friends (email and/or text and even a phone call). Exercise helped too, there's plenty to do indoors even by yourself.

Simply reminding yourself that this is temporary will help too. The light at the end of the tunnel really is the end of the tunnel.....lol.

Feeling the way you do is a lot like having a backpack full of BBs glued to your back. It's heavy and uncomfortable and seems to be just too much to handle. Every time that you do something about it (like post here.....), you get to reach back and take out a few BBs. Of course, at first it doesn't seem to make any difference but given enough time, you'll notice it's getting lighter.........and lighter........

Simply sharing your feelings and realizing that you're not alone will do wonders.

Best of luck to you, we're all rooting for you!

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post

Simply sharing your feelings and realizing that you're not alone will do wonders.

Rob.
                    I AGREE............"ONE DAY at a TIME"
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

My late wife was bi-polar her whole life, one thing that seemed to help her get through a down stage is to find some sort of distraction. It can be just about anything, reading a book, chatting with friends (email and/or text and even a phone call). Exercise helped too, there's plenty to do indoors even by yourself.

Simply reminding yourself that this is temporary will help too. The light at the end of the tunnel really is the end of the tunnel.....lol.

Feeling the way you do is a lot like having a backpack full of BBs glued to your back. It's heavy and uncomfortable and seems to be just too much to handle. Every time that you do something about it (like post here.....), you get to reach back and take out a few BBs. Of course, at first it doesn't seem to make any difference but given enough time, you'll notice it's getting lighter.........and lighter........

Rob.

Thank you for posting this. So beautifully written!

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

Rob.
                        This is real compassion! <3

The stay-at-home business is not easy for me either! FWIW, I'm bi-polar too. When I'm emotionally steady, I'm the gregarious type, love to talk to strangers (especially at DL), so this is a bit strangling. I'm trying to do my best by armchair imagineering (Tomorrowland!), and some Disney-related art. And this group has been a huge help for me, just allowing me to 'hear' others' ideas and memories kinda makes me feel like I might be making new friends/friendlies, even if we're not speaking to each other directly.

I'm really sorry that this is bringing you down so hard. I hope these posts are helping! Every day I try to come up with a new happy thread, though I usually come up short lol. It seems to help me get my day started with happy thoughts though That said, I know positive thinking is very difficult when you're depressed! I think it's safe to say by now that we're all pulling for you. This situation will end, hopefully sooner than later, and we'll all take a deep breath and get outside again. Maybe we'll run into each other at the parks one day. I hope you say hi!

Comment

You're not alone, Suki! This is the year I invested in therapy because of how down I've gotten. It's okay to talk about your emotions (and mental health in general).

If you have a dog, take them for very long walks and allow yourself to enjoy the air and the sun. If your space is feeling claustrophobic, de-clutter and invest in furniture pieces / knick knacks that inspire you or make you happy. If you're missing your family, get some picture frames and surround yourself in family photographs. And above all, reach out to the people you love and trust and let them know how you're feeling. It's likely they are feeling the same through all of this.

All of these things have helped me greatly. Sending you nothing but love and positivity!
                          Last edited by Captain Andy; 12-16-2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Yes Sukie, I'm feeling that way too, our whole family does. The only thing that keeps me feeling sane is the realization that we are all feeling isolated and so we really are together in that way. Strangely, we are together in our shared loneliness. I'm so glad you came here and shared and also opened the dialogue for others to hear you and share their similar feelings. It's a brave and good step.

In this coming new year I wish for you less and less of this feeling and many more opportunities to breathe!

<3
                            You know, I have the strangest feeling that I've seen that ship before. A long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling
                            It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to help me, it really meant a lot.

Comment

Rob.
                                micromind thank you for a wonderful sharing! And to all of you guys, I couldn't mention all but all the things you've said are meaningful. Thanks! It made me smile and had nudge me into a positivity.

I have also bumped into this page while reading about anxiety, stress and all, might as well I could share here it too ( https://www.who.int/campaigns/connec...BoCBA8QAvD_BwE).

Simply sharing your feelings and realizing that you're not alone will do wonders. (may I borrow this line -i love it!)

Comment

Virtual reality has been helping me a lot. I've been going on YouTube and periscope and watching Disneygoers walking around the parks. You can get a really inexpensive VR cardboard headset and use your phone to immerse yourself at Disneyland. It surprisingly gives you a bit of the sensation.

Comment

Originally posted by jiminysgurl View Post
                                    Virtual reality has been helping me a lot. I've been going on YouTube and periscope and watching Disneygoers walking around the parks. You can get a really inexpensive VR cardboard headset and use your phone to immerse yourself at Disneyland. It surprisingly gives you a bit of the sensation.
                                    Wow this is a great suggestion! I think this ease my mind. THANK YOU :*

Comment

Awesome suggestions! Thank you for reaching out Sukie : )

Along with everything said already, one thing that has helped me is the Disneyland Adventures game. It's a little bit cheesy, but I find it just right for when I want to take a few minutes to unwind and remember fun memories at Disneyland. https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...nd_Adventures/ (it's available on all newer game systems)

Comment

Sukie as everybody said - you are not alone. It's a good you shared your thoughts. You may be helping others who are feeling the same way but are shy to share their feelings. Defocus on the news, instead focus on more healthier things. Taking a walk would relieve your stress.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X