Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor Attractions

So… There’s a lot of talk about what things are going to be like and we finally get to go back. It’s been a rough year on everyone and it can be hard to keep things positive. I feel that myself but I think it’s important to try to focus on things we can enjoy safely. The smugglers run thread made me think about how a phased reopening could be smart.

I think it would be wise of them to make the most out of their outdoor rides as the vaccine comes on board.

Here’s a list of all the attractions that I can think of that can be enjoyed outdoors:

Disneyland

Jungle Cruise
    Casey Jr. Circus Train
    Dumbo the Flying Elephant
    King Arthur Carrousel
    Mad Tea Party
    Storybook Land Canal Boats.
    Matterhorn Bobsleds
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Sailing Ship Columbia
    Mark Twain Riverboat
    Gadget’s Go Coaster
    Astro Orbitor
    Autopia

Play area: Tom Sawyer Island

Also (Thank You Spongeocto4)
    DLR train
    Main Street Vehicles
    Tarzan Treehouse
    Davy Crockett Canoes

DCA

Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
    Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
    Grizzly River Run
    Golden Zephyr
    Goofy’s Sky School
    Jumpin’ Jellyfish
    Silly Symphony Swings
    Inside Out: Emotional Whirlwind
    Incredicoaster
    Jessie’s Critter Carousel
    Pixar Pal-A-Round

Play area: Redwood Creek Challenge Trail

Please add to the list if I missed anything. Also perhaps a focus on outdoor dining would be critical to. Do you think that Disney will move most of their dining outdoors for a little while?

The question I have is, do you think that it would be a good idea for them to open these attractions first? Would that allow them to open even just a little earlier in terms of when it is safe to do so? Meaning, let’s say that the vaccine has the transmission numbers mostly under control, but there is still some hesitation.

ETA: Title to Outdoor Attractions (not rides)
    Last edited by Mom kissed Walt; 12-20-2020, 03:30 AM.
    You know, I have the strangest feeling that I've seen that ship before. A long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling
    It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Originally posted by Mom kissed Walt View Post
    So… There’s a lot of talk about what things are going to be like and we finally get to go back. It’s been a rough year on everyone and it can be hard to keep things positive. I feel that myself but I think it’s important to try to focus on things we can enjoy safely. The smugglers run thread made me think about how a phased reopening could be smart.

I think it would be wise of them to make the most out of their outdoor rides as the vaccine comes on board.

Here’s a list of all the attractions that I can think of that can be enjoyed outdoors:

Disneyland

Jungle Cruise
    Casey Jr. Circus Train
    Dumbo the Flying Elephant
    King Arthur Carrousel
    Mad Tea Party
    Storybook Land Canal Boats.
    Matterhorn Bobsleds
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Sailing Ship Columbia
    Mark Twain Riverboat
    Gadget’s Go Coaster
    Astro Orbitor
    Autopia

Play area: Tom Sawyer Island

DCA

Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
    Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
    Grizzly River Run
    Golden Zephyr
    Goofy’s Sky School
    Jumpin’ Jellyfish
    Silly Symphony Swings
    Inside Out: Emotional Whirlwind
    Incredicoaster
    Jessie’s Critter Carousel
    Pixar Pal-A-Round

Play area: Redwood Creek Challenge Trail

Please add to the list if I missed anything. Also perhaps a focus on outdoor dining would be critical to. Do you think that Disney will move most of their dining outdoors for a little while?

The question I have is, do you think that it would be a good idea for them to open these attractions first? Would that allow them to open even just a little earlier in terms of when it is safe to do so? Meaning, let’s say that the vaccine has the transmission numbers mostly under control, but there is still some hesitation.

ETA: Title to Outdoor Attractions (not rides)
    I think how WDW is handling things is essentially what we’ll see at first. There are indoor attractions open there, with limits on spacing and in some cases only one party at a time.
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    Walt Disney World
    Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Unless they were only allow 'outdoor rides', I think they would open nearly all rides.

If the outdoor policy was in affect, they could keep BTM, Incredicoaster and Matterhorn closed, due to Roller Coasters being consider "high risk".

Good news, there were a few attraction you missed. DLR train, Main Street Vehicles, Tarzan Treehouse, Davy Crockett Canoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

I think how WDW is handling things is essentially what we’ll see at first. There are indoor attractions open there, with limits on spacing and in some cases only one party at a time.
        I would have tended to agree with you up until recently. California is just so different than Florida and I think CA will continue to place tougher restrictions. I’m just wondering if this isn’t a way to open earlier within guidelines like they’ve been doing with shopping and dining.
        You know, I have the strangest feeling that I've seen that ship before. A long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
          Unless they were only allow 'outdoor rides', I think they would open nearly all rides.

If the outdoor policy was in affect, they could keep BTM, Incredicoaster and Matterhorn closed, due to Roller Coasters being consider "high risk".

Good news, there were a few attraction you missed. DLR train, Main Street Vehicles, Tarzan Treehouse, Davy Crockett Canoes.
          High risk because people scream and thus more droplets in the air or some other reason(s)?

Thank you!! I knew I was missing things!

Comment

I would have tended to agree with you up until recently. California is just so different than Florida and I think CA will continue to place tougher restrictions. I’m just wondering if this isn’t a way to open earlier within guidelines like they’ve been doing with shopping and dining.
            Good point. I wasn’t taking different CA regulations into mind, just Disney’s approach.
            Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
            Walt Disney World
            Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
            1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
            2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

There is a likely chance that CA State guidelines will be revised (again), as I don't think policies about the vaccines were included (Correct me, if I'm wrong! I'm an out-of-stater.)

High risk because people scream and thus more droplets in the air or some other reason(s)?
              Correct. This could prevent any of the thrill rides from reopening.

Comment

Roller Coasters as other so call "Trill" rides
                consider "high risk"...........
                ( scream and droplets in the air)
                and Disney would be bad......
                but hate to say it ,that would make Knott's and Six Flag's be worst!
                IMO.........
                That why most the Theme Parks, did not open most of this year.....
                Last edited by Eagleman; 12-20-2020, 07:44 PM.
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Maybe they could bring in the Vacuumuppet.........that'd take care of the virus!

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                    There is a likely chance that CA State guidelines will be revised (again), as I don't think policies about the vaccines were included (Correct me, if I'm wrong! I'm an out-of-stater.)

Correct. This could prevent any of the thrill rides from reopening.
                    Or open the doors for an already existing campaign.

Scream Inside Your Heart: Theme Park Executives Demo New Silence Policy on Terrifying Roller Coaster
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vko1KmzsdFQ

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X