Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much money have you kept since Disneyland's closure?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much money have you kept since Disneyland's closure?

I'm guessing $4,000.00 to $ 5,000.00

I would guess around $12,000. It's going to be less than that, though, since quarantine has gotten me back into my Lego addiction again.

Comment

Hahaha! Probably around $3-4k at least. In the beginning I had specifically saved money for tickets and hotel stays to use after this is all over because it's been a while and I missed it. I have since changed my priorities through and moved that savings into other needs. It was nice to see how earmarked dollars to Disney allowed me to do other things we needed/wanted.
      You know, I have the strangest feeling that I've seen that ship before. A long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling
      It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Comment

It’s definitely not a cheap pastime, especially for those of us that live out of state. I save airline miles for DL trips whenever possible to save money, but most of the cost is hotel and park tickets. If I had a way to earn hotel points as easily as airline miles, I’d probably make more trips and go the AP route.

Looked up DVC once but it’s nowhere near economical enough compared to area hotels (I’ve found $100 a night room rates as recent as a year ago) for me to even consider.
        Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
        Walt Disney World
        Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
        1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
        2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

At this point...idc how much I would have saved, as I cant put a price tag on everlasting memories with friends and family :-(
          But I do know, when we can go back...that number will probably double

Comment

Thanks for the input! I've noticed that I have a lot more mad money this year.

Comment

Me after realizing I've spent way too much money at the parks, so I go to the Temple of Forbidden Eye to find treasure and recoup my losses:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dead.png
Views:	599
Size:	635.6 KB
ID:	8630049

Comment

not sure, but it feels like not too much...had some expensive items I've bought, like new iphones and laptop for daughter...I also bought me a new desktop computer, since I have used my laptop for work related stuff...then just buying new clothes and shoes for daughter and getting her new basketball shoes and paying for her necessary basketball clothing and insurance...and it seems like there's always an unexpected repair expense...but it's been relatively a nice feeling to be able to pay it all...
                I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Considering we went to WDW not much LOL!
                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

More money $$$$ in the Bank with interest !
                    Last edited by Eagleman; 12-22-2020, 08:54 PM.
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I wasn't spending anything at Disneyland or Disneyworld, so $0...ha ha

I was laid off though being in the airline industry, so I lost way more from lost wages, such is life.

Comment

I’ve thought about this, I’d say 2,000-3,000, I did enjoy having this cash on hand to buy a shiny new toy for me. But I’m always saving for the “next” trip!

Comment

I've kind of broken even. I've spent more than usual to amuse myself at home, and I've also been more generous than usual to various charities.

Comment

Sadly any money that didn't go into planning a vacation went elsewhere, but I did notice that I stopped thinking about planning the vacations.

Comment

I know there going be times ,when one have to plan a vacation........
                              But as a single ......I get a a lot from last of monument trips!
                              were become a adventure............
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

$10K. With this extra income we are the lucky ones, I’m paying off my car this month, 1 yr earlier and already slashed my credit debt 60%

Comment

Quite a bit!!! But it's all going with us to WDW so.......
                                  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I figured that most of us would use it to clear up some debts. I'm spending the money on my Porsche.

Comment

"Slashed credit Debt" ....is a very wise move..............
                                      and then save money, in the Bank when possible !
                                      IMO
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I haven't saved anything since I haven't been to Disneyland (or WDW) since 1993, and the trip I had planned for 2020 was cancelled. So I have money in savings for when I can reschedule. I've never seen DCA, Indie, Galaxies Edge or even Star Tours V2.0 <<sigh>>
                                        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X