Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking Through DLR on Google Maps

Sometimes I take a "walk" around the park on Google Maps. I like to imagine sounds of the different Main Street vehicles, the energy of the people around and the different smells as you walk through the park.

I will admit I have never missed the feeling of squeezing through crowds and having my ankles run into by strollers as much as I do now lol.

So yeah, take a stroll around the park, usually helps me unwind every now and then...

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.8105...7i13312!8i6656

Before you know it, we will be back to doing that for real. I also enjoy the Google Maps. Nice many of the parks allow this. Hopefully Google will be granted access again by all of them to update the pictures.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

thats alot of fun...and saves alot of money
      "These are a few of my favorite things"

sigpic

Comment

I’ve brought this up before and elsewhere.

Closest thing to a virtual park walkthrough is to get this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/di...ot:overviewtab

None of the rides are park accurate, but walking through the lands feel extremely close to what the park looked like in the late 2000’s. I’ll start this up every once in a while and just stroll around the park.
        Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
        Walt Disney World
        Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
        1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
        2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
          I’ve brought this up before and elsewhere.

Closest thing to a virtual park walkthrough is to get this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/di...ot:overviewtab

None of the rides are park accurate, but walking through the lands feel extremely close to what the park looked like in the late 2000’s. I’ll start this up every once in a while and just stroll around the park.
          I've thought about getting an XBOX just for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post

I've thought about getting an XBOX just for this game.
            No XBOX required!

They made a version for Windows 10 that works on a PC, and the link I put is for the windows version. Was on sale for $8 last time I looked.

Steam also has the windows version.
            Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
            Walt Disney World
            Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
            1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
            2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

I like all the "walking around Disneyland" videos on youtube. Sounds and crowd jostling included!
              "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X