Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video First Look: Snow White’s Enchanted Wish at Disneyland Park

The Disney Blog Officially announced the new name for the Snow White Ride and showed off a few new enchantments.
    The good is to me all the new effects and scenes look nice the bad...less evil queen.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...7201223200001C

Happy Halloween!!!

I'm really excited to see this but I'm wondering why they won't update Pinocchio or Mr. Toad. Both of those rides are in serious need of updating but I always see Disney putting the money toward Snow White, Peter Pan, or Alice.
    Do you think they will do away with Pinocchio and Toad?
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main ... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."
    -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by caamora View Post
      I'm really excited to see this but I'm wondering why they won't update Pinocchio or Mr. Toad. Both of those rides are in serious need of updating but I always see Disney putting the money toward Snow White, Peter Pan, or Alice.
      they are slowly making their way through fantasyland. I’m sure that someday those two will get some attention.

I suspect that Mr. toad would be the next one to get an upgrade. Pinocchio has long been rumored to be replaced with beauty and the beast so that may happen instead of plussing the current ride.
      Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
      Walt Disney World
      Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
      1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
      2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Originally posted by caamora View Post
        I think they are just taking their time...not like they have to update them its more of a nice thing they do.

For sure I hope they update the other two Dark rides...but I doubt it will be for a free years because of COVID
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
          The Disney Blog Officially announced the new name for the Snow White Ride and showed off a few new enchantments.
          The good is to me all the new effects and scenes look nice the bad...less evil queen.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...7201223200001C

I have to admit, while I think the effects look nice, I wonder if removing the scary from the ride will be something I like or not. I also had hoped the waking kiss at the end would be more of a mix of physical and projection so I’m a little concerned this will rely a bit too much on projections.

Not showing us what happens after the mine does make me think they’ve got something special planned in that section. Hopefully, that will be the part that wows us all.

Cautiously optimistic here
          Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
          Walt Disney World
          Disneyland Paris

1990, 1992, 1993

Comment

The new effects look amazing, it's gonna be wonderful when we finally get to see it in person. I was wondering the same thing about Mr. Toad and Pinnochio, if I had to pick between the two if it came down it on upgrades...Please SAVE Mr. Toad, give him the upgrade, so many of us grew up with that one next to Peter Pan. Would love to see what the Imagineers could come up with. Merry Christmas everyone...stay safe
            "Life is a celebration..."

Comment

I applaud Disney for updating the ride, in the similar vein of Alice's & Peter Pan's updates.

I like the nod of the new 'Apple Pie Scent'

Comment

Kinda shocked they changed the Queen's dungeon in the queue to Snow White's dressing room? That little dungeon was one of may favorite little corner's of the park to look at and take in the details. "Enchanted Wish," indeed.
                "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post
                  Kinda shocked they changed the Queen's dungeon in the queue to Snow White's dressing room? That little dungeon was one of may favorite little corner's of the park to look at and take in the details. "Enchanted Wish," indeed.
                  Score another one for the consumer products marketeer who runs the Company (scary dungeons don't have a role in the Disney Princess brands that are marketed to the girl demographic).
                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post
                    I mean... whatever it took for Disney to take out the crumbled Fritos bag that lived in the dungeon for months.

(I'm kidding, of course... but RIP Fritos bag.)

The dark part of my soul will miss the grungy exterior and queue of Snow White's Scary Adventures, but I do look forward to experiencing this update.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Score another one for the consumer products marketeer who runs the Company (scary dungeons don't have a role in the Disney Princess brands that are marketed to the girl demographic).
                      I understand =about the market concept of Disney and I agree with you ...........

But at the same time .......IMO
                      I think the new effects and scenes Snow White attraction.......does look cool
                      what I can see ,on the video .
                      PS:
                      Again IMO....it lot better than the roller coaster ride, they have at the Magic Kingdom /WDW.

Last edited by Eagleman; 12-21-2020, 05:55 PM.
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

I mean... whatever it took for Disney to take out the crumbled Fritos bag that lived in the dungeon for months.

(I'm kidding, of course... but RIP Fritos bag.)

The dark part of my soul will miss the grungy exterior and queue of Snow White's Scary Adventures, but I do look forward to experiencing this update.
                        I think my biggest hope (and concern) is that the changes fit and don’t break the theme of the exterior and queue which was one of the best in Fantasyland (Mr. Toad is my other favorite Fantasyland queue). Being Her chamber in the castle, it looks like it will still work (still reserving final judgement till I see it in person though).
                        Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                        Walt Disney World
                        Disneyland Paris

1990, 1992, 1993

Comment

Pleased to see there's plenty of room in Snow White's new dressing room to fit a merchandise stand, complete with cashier, for future expansion.
                          Last edited by J. Thaddeus Toad; 12-21-2020, 07:37 PM.

Comment

I do not like ,the concept of walking off a attraction or ride to end up ,in some store/shop
                            Last edited by Eagleman; 12-21-2020, 09:18 PM.
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I have some mixed thoughts about it.
                              The animatronics look really cool. They look modern and beautiful but have a classic Disneyland touch to them. I imagine it's hard to get that right so kudos to them. I love how the dwarfs' beards look like especially.

On the other hand I hate the use of the video screens in the mine. It's cheap looking and really takes me out of the ride. When I'm in the ride I want to experience the story, be in the story, not watch the story. It's like I'm watching the movie while riding the ride. I hate this for every ride that employs this. I'd rather not see the video and rely on the audio, makes it more mysterious as well.

Comment

I think the updates look very nice, but I am sad to see the dungeon go and the Evil Queen's role diminished. I know Disney's marketing plan is princesses all the way down, but my sister and I loved the Evil Queen when we were young girls. Disney is well aware of how popular the Villains are in general so I don't quite get why this was really needed. Having said that, it looks great and I'm sure I'll enjoy it despite missing the original ride. I just hope they don't take out Pinocchio for Beauty and the Beast. The Tokyo BatB ride looks amazing, but put it in the Fantasyland Theater and leave Pinocchio alone please!
                                "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

I have to admit, while I think the effects look nice, I wonder if removing the scary from the ride will be something I like or not. I also had hoped the waking kiss at the end would be more of a mix of physical and projection so I’m a little concerned this will rely a bit too much on projections.

Not showing us what happens after the mine does make me think they’ve got something special planned in that section. Hopefully, that will be the part that wows us all.

Cautiously optimistic here
                                  It makes sense to me mainly because of the space. I know since as long as I've been posting (which I was a teen at the time) people wanted a better ending but without moving LOTS of things around I didn't know how they could do it...this makes sense its just one AA and the prince is on the wall saving them a few feet of construction.

I'm hoping just some of the scary stuff is still there just with better effects like the Mine..because I think the mine looks great...I have ALWAYS disliked the mine because it felt unlike the movie but this looks and feels like the film finally.

Snow White/Alice have always been my two favorite traditional dark rides and could push Snow white to the top for sure with all these new effects.
                                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

My kids are gonna be bummed if the queen isn't peeking out the window above the entrance. Always made the wait for Peter Pan tolerable.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Thaddeus Toad View Post
                                      Pleased to see there's plenty of room in Snow White's new dressing room to fit a merchandise stand, complete with cashier, for future expansion.
                                      Before the park closed, the most STANDOUT detail during construction was that the newly painted exterior of Snow White blended in seamlessly with the Bippity Boppity Boutique next door...

For a second, I had the very foolish (but not so foolish) thought: "I wonder if this refurbishment is JUST for that?"

Comment

Originally posted by Deez Nutz View Post
                                        My kids are gonna be bummed if the queen isn't peeking out the window above the entrance. Always made the wait for Peter Pan tolerable.
                                        Also, if the interactive Apple gets removed, I'd be rather upset...daughter loved it...even as daughter gets older, she loves giving the Apple a tap to activate its various sound effects...
                                        I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X