Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Most charming rides in Disneyland

You can define "charming" however you want, but generally I'd think of things that are happy, pleasant, and cute, not thrilling or scary.

Co Foo's top 5 most charming rides are:

5) It's a Small World
    4) Storybook Land Canal Boats
    3) Disneyland Railroad
    2) Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
    1) Peter Pan's Flight

"When there's a smile in your heart, there's no better time to start."

That lyric right there pretty much encapsulates this entire post.

I think for me, ‘Charming’ are the attractions that fulfill their purpose with outstanding simplicity. 👍🏼

5) King Arthur Carousel
    4) Dumbo the flying Elephant
    3) Casey Jr. Circus Train
    2) Storybook Land Canal Boats
    1) DLRR
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    Walt Disney World
    Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

I like charming and cute so I have more than 5

6. Pinocchio
      5. IASW
      4. Peter Pan
      3. Storybookland Canal Boats
      2. Casey Jr Train
      1. Dumbo
      "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

5.Mark Twain
        4. Peter Pan
        3. Pinocchio
        2. Alice in wonderland
        1. Tiki Room
        "These are a few of my favorite things"

sigpic

Comment

5. King Arthur's Carousel
          4. Dumbo
          3. Peter Pan
          2. Alice in Wonderland
          1. It's a Small World- This is a big no-brainer. Its billed as the 'happiest cruise that ever set sailed'.
          Last edited by Spongeocto4; 12-23-2020, 08:45 AM. Reason: Formatting

Comment

Well, if i have to limit it to just 5.........

1) Casey Jr. Especially after dark; there's just something about that ride after dark.........

2) Peter Pan. Really easy to become completely immersed in this one.

3) Mr. Toad. Right after the first sharp turn, I'm in!

4) Tiki Room. This is enchanting to me for a different reason; I've spent a lot of years designing, building and maintaining machinery that's a lot like the rides at DL and from a ride control standpoint, this one is one of the more complex. I find it very easy to immerse myself in the design and construction of it.

5) Small World. Same as the Tiki Room. Really clever designing and engineering.

Comment

1. DLRR
              2. Tea Cups
              3. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
              4. Mark Twain
              5. Sleeping Beauty's Castle
              I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

!) Storyland Book Boats
                2) Casey Jr
                3) Main Street vehicles
                4) Peter Pan
                5) Winnie the Pooh

Bonus #6) the Mark Twain, though I'm not sure it's exactly 'charming' as opposed to beautiful, cool, and easy.

Comment

I’m going, I’m no particular order...

1. Casey Jr.
                  2. Storybookland Canal Boats
                  3. DLRR
                  4. IASW Holiday
                  5. A ride on the Fire Engine on just the right day
                  "How do you do?"

Comment

Winnie the Pooh! Sure, it's not the greatest dark-ride type of attraction. But it's tucked away in a relatively quiet corner of the park, surrounded by beautiful trees and foliage that removes you almost entirely from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the park. It never has much of a wait and there's a literal sweet treat store waiting just outside the exit and no shortage of critter benches to relax and enjoy them on nearby. I always find myself riding it at least once while I'm at the park.

Other contenders for me would be the Disneyland Railroad, Casey Jr., King Arthur's Carousel and Dumbo. All at night, of course. That's my favorite time to see Fantasyland.
                    "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post
                      Winnie the Pooh! Sure, it's not the greatest dark-ride type of attraction. But it's tucked away in a relatively quiet corner of the park, surrounded by beautiful trees and foliage that removes you almost entirely from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the park. It never has much of a wait and there's a literal sweet treat store waiting just outside the exit and no shortage of critter benches to relax and enjoy them on nearby. I always find myself riding it at least once while I'm at the park.

Other contenders for me would be the Disneyland Railroad, Casey Jr., King Arthur's Carousel and Dumbo. All at night, of course. That's my favorite time to see Fantasyland.

I would have put Pooh in my Top 5 if I didn’t dislike that heffalump and woozles scene so much.
                      "How do you do?"

Comment

Disneyland Railroad
                        for that Grand Trip around Walt Disney Magic Kingdom
                        ""All Aboard ..........""

~Mark Twain andSailing Ship Columbia~ around the River of America

and the Highway in the Sky..........._MONORAIL_

and as Charm goes ,I still Enjoy -Storybookland Canal Boats-
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

In order:
                          5. Mark Twain Riverboat (Bonus points when jazz band is on board)
                          4. Alice in Wonderland
                          3. Peter Pan's Flight
                          2. Splash Mountain (thrilling but still a charming attraction through and through)
                          1b. It's a Small World
                          1a. It's a Small World Holiday (Oozes charm)
                          Last edited by Brian PieGuy; 12-23-2020, 10:04 PM.
                          Brian the Pooh

Comment

I like this question, my favorite attraction at Disneyland is a charming one (only wish it was longer):

1. Peter Pan
                            2. Tiki Room
                            3. Storybook Land Canal Boats
                            4. Mark Twain
                            5. It’s a small world

I just love the charming sweet ones.
                            You know, I have the strangest feeling that I've seen that ship before. A long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling
                            It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Comment

Tiki Room- is a great way to cool off=and "RELAX" a bit !!
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

1. Snow White's Scary Adventure -- it has Prince CHARMing. (Other stories have also described a prince as "charming.")

2. The Jungle Cruise when I worked on it. (Again, charming.)

3. Storybook boat ride in Fantasyland.

4. Small World Christmas -- even more charming than the regular version because even though I love the Sherman Brothers, the addition of Christmas tunes makes the soundtrack less useful when blasting people out of embassies with loud sleep-depriving music. ("We Built the City on Rock 'n' Roll" repeated has been found to inspire the quickest surrenders.)

5. Mr. Toad -- would be higher on the list except that all Disneyland guests are damned to hell at the end of this attraction.

6. Tiki Room -- would be higher except that little kids soil themselves & (less frequently) projective vomit during the terrifying thunderstorm.
                                Fun fact: on Grad Nights the following exchange used to be part of the pre-show outside of the theatre:
                                "My name is Tongaroa, and your school will never again win a sporting competition unless you buy a Dole Whip!"
                                "And I am Pele. Buy FIVE Dole Whips or your bus will CRASH on the Five Freeway on your way home!"

Comment

Originally posted by mickEblu View Post

I would have put Pooh in my Top 5 if I didn’t dislike that heffalump and woozles scene so much.
                                  I like Pooh because my toddler loved it, but I agree the Heffalumps & Woozles scene could be improved.
                                  It should be made weirder with two live dancers. I suggest one like Goldie Hawn on Laugh In:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIL7iWRBsfo
                                  And another like Chris Farley:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stqG2ihMvP0
                                  At least this would be a fun and appropriate change for Grad Nights.

Comment

1. Storybook Canal Boats
                                    2. It's a Small World~Holiday Edition
                                    3. Jungle Cruise at night
                                    4. Pinocchio
                                    5. Snow White's Scary Adventure

It's hard to leave some others off the list.

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post

1) Casey Jr. Especially after dark; there's just something about that ride after dark.........
                                      I'm not sure if I've ever been on it after dark. I'll have to put it on my list!

Comment

Main Street vehicles-"Double-Decker Bus"
                                        right in the very front seat
                                        ....were one, have great view............
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X