Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual Pass Refund Question

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Annual Pass Refund Question

    Sorry to drudge this topic up again but I just didn't know if there has been any additional changes. This is our situation.

    We purchased Flex passports for the family (4) in January 2020. We were going to go the last week of March to start the year visits but Disneyland closed. During the summer they did not give us a refund on your pass as they have not been activated yet.

    Has there been any movement on being able to request a refund for these. We have had the 2,500 tied up now for a year with just pieces of paper saying we have annual passes. When Disneyland returns we are not even sure if we can still get flex passports.

    Does anyone know anything that could help us figure out the current status of things when it comes to annual passes or our situation?

  • #2
    "Has there been any movement on being able to request a refund for these" I would suggest asking the Annual Pass people.

    Comment


    • #3
      Like you--I know nothing. The last time I called I had to go after 2 hours waiting on hold. They need to make some decisions and PUBLISH THEM for all to see. I got a pass less than a month before Disneyland closed, so they "owe" me for 11 months. If they open next summer and enough people have been vaccinated, I should get 11 full months out of my pass. But I don't know if that is what will happen. If anyone has called recently and has any info--let us know. Has anyone actually received a refund? A while back a lot of people said they had applied for a refund and months later had not received one. I used to trust Disney about stuff like this--but with the way I've been treated personally in some situations, and what I've heard from others, I really don't anymore.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pattimarie View Post
        If anyone has called recently and has any info--let us know. Has anyone actually received a refund? A while back a lot of people said they had applied for a refund and months later had not received one. I used to trust Disney about stuff like this--but with the way I've been treated personally in some situations, and what I've heard from others, I really don't anymore.
        I posted this question about 3 weeks ago an no one responded with personal experience. Either most people on this board did not pay in full for their pass or they opted for an extension on their pass instead of a refund, which I find mind boggling. My pass has expired and I called the day after it expired (2 weeks ago) and was told by CM they don’t know when they’ll be able to process my refund. Literally no timeframe given. Kind of hinted at getting a refund in about 1-2 months at the earliest.

        Comment


        • #5
          Disney has issued refunds to some annual passholders; however, it hasn't been specified who has received these refunds and why. Some of my friends have received refunds by spam calling, but they informed me that the refund hit only after their original expiration date lapsed. Many people have reported that they have yet to receive anything from Disney after requesting a refund months ago, which is disappointing.

          Premier Annual Passholders are the only group who have publicly received partial refunds. Everyone else is in the dark.

          I would recommend calling, but I don't want to subject anyone to a 2+ hour hold.

          Comment


          • #6
            We paid in full so according to the last address Disney made, we would be extended to cover the time lost once they re-opened. The thing is, when I log into my Disneyland account my AP's are no longer there. They were linked and used to be there, but we purchased last Jan so now they have expired and I suspect the system automatically purges them. So how are we expected to get them extended when they delete them? It would appear that we aren't even considered passholders anymore due to automatic deletion on the original expiration date.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JasonTormund View Post
              We paid in full so according to the last address Disney made, we would be extended to cover the time lost once they re-opened. The thing is, when I log into my Disneyland account my AP's are no longer there. They were linked and used to be there, but we purchased last Jan so now they have expired and I suspect the system automatically purges them. So how are we expected to get them extended when they delete them? It would appear that we aren't even considered passholders anymore due to automatic deletion on the original expiration date.
              They weren't deleted and are still good at Downtown Disney and Buena Vista street as long as your pass was valid when the parks shutdown in March. It's just that the app and website are programmed to not display "expired" passes. I did have a developer tell me that the "expired" passes will work for mobile food ordering discounts when that is allowed again (before the ban on outdoor dining you could only get your discount when ordering in person).

              As far as I know Disneyland Passes will not be addressed until Disneyland reopens, just like in WDW. So if you requested a refund already you shouldn't expect that until one month after the park reopens. During that month, which will be free for all passholders, you will be given a last chance to change your mind about refund or extension for the closure period.

              As for premier passed, since they are for both coasts and managed by WDW, when WDW reopened they were offered a chance to be refunded. But since their passes are being extended for as long as DL is closed, I doubt many did ask for a refund, especially if they go to WDW often.

              Comment


              • #8
                Well that all suddenly changed. BREAKING NEWS: Disneyland Annual Pass Program Ending! (micechat.com)

                Comment


                • #9
                  I still haven't received a refund for a pass that expired in July. I've called many times and have always been told they didn't know when my refund would be issued.
                  "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Biker_Dennis View Post

                    They weren't deleted and are still good at Downtown Disney and Buena Vista street as long as your pass was valid when the parks shutdown in March. It's just that the app and website are programmed to not display "expired" passes. I did have a developer tell me that the "expired" passes will work for mobile food ordering discounts when that is allowed again (before the ban on outdoor dining you could only get your discount when ordering in person).

                    As far as I know Disneyland Passes will not be addressed until Disneyland reopens, just like in WDW. So if you requested a refund already you shouldn't expect that until one month after the park reopens. During that month, which will be free for all passholders, you will be given a last chance to change your mind about refund or extension for the closure period.

                    As for premier passed, since they are for both coasts and managed by WDW, when WDW reopened they were offered a chance to be refunded. But since their passes are being extended for as long as DL is closed, I doubt many did ask for a refund, especially if they go to WDW often.
                    Well it's been deleted on my end, so it's kinda hard to use a pass that's no longer accessible to show someone. It's gone from the app. But none of it matters now I guess since refunds are supposed to be coming, just announced today.

                    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ann...d-information/


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Biker_Dennis View Post
                      From DLR president Ken Potrock's letter to passholders in the MiceChat article:


                      "We plan to use this time while we remain closed to develop new membership offerings that will utilize consumer insights to deliver choice, flexibility and value for our biggest fans."


                      Uh-huh.


                      Yknow... years ago, this forum's posting software had an emoji that would have been perfect for that quote. It was a face with eyes rolling, a wry grin, and an expression that said "do you seriously think I don't know what you really mean?"

                      Lacking that emoji, this will have to do:

                      Click image for larger version  Name:	double-facepalm-for-when-one-is-not-enough.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.3 KB ID:	8630653

                      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                      designed to appeal to everyone."

                      - Walt Disney

                      "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                      - Michael Eisner

                      "It's very symbiotic."
                      - Bob Chapek

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

                        From DLR president Ken Potrock's letter to passholders in the MiceChat article:


                        "We plan to use this time while we remain closed to develop new membership offerings that will utilize consumer insights to deliver choice, flexibility and value for our biggest fans."


                        Uh-huh.


                        Yknow... years ago, this forum's posting software had an emoji that would have been perfect for that quote. It was a face with eyes rolling, a wry grin, and an expression that said "do you seriously think I don't know what you really mean?"

                        Lacking that emoji, this will have to do:

                        Click image for larger version Name:	double-facepalm-for-when-one-is-not-enough.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.3 KB ID:	8630653
                        And when Double isn't enough...

                        We need another Walt...and fast!

                        "It's always more difficult to recover than it is to do the right thing at the beginning" - Tony Baxter,
                        The Imagineering Story, Episode 4 "Hit or Miss"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          With eyes rolling, a wry grin, and an expression ..........
                          I think just price of admission is going UP..............imo
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                            With eyes rolling, a wry grin, and an expression ..........
                            I think just price of admission is going UP..............imo
                            You are wise. That was one of my first thoughts as well.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SoCalDisneyFan View Post

                              You are wise. That was one of my first thoughts as well.
                              LOL..........I have new Friend ......thank you........
                              I think some wisdom comes from age and lot's of reading

                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                So FLex passport holders are not included in annual passport refunds as of now? I have not received an email.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by SkyG View Post
                                  So FLex passport holders are not included in annual passport refunds as of now? I have not received an email.
                                  Interesting. And telling. See I think the smart money is on the idea that’s their keeping the flex pass and rolling it out with a few more perks for above and few less for below.

                                  I am really sad and angry for those that are due refunds and are not getting them. Why spoil the relationship? It’s wrong.
                                  You know, I have the strangest feeling that I've seen that ship before. A long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling
                                  It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Just hang in there. I requested a refund back in Aug. and just saw that it refunded on my credit card yesterday. 4 months later, but it did show up. Check your statements.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Based on what I have been reading and hearing it sounds like they are doing doing refunds in tiers with the highest levels which have the least amount of holders first probably as a way to keep things organized and also to prevent any major hiccups when they finally get tho the pass levels with huge amounts of holders. Some families have missed pass levels (like myself) so I am curious if they are doing these families separate or will I be getting refunds in tiers. I guess time will tell. The only refund I see getting in our situation is the March payment was charged but the month was cut in half and the hundred dollar initial feel those will have to be prorated. We had renewed in February.
                                      Disneyland Fan since the 70's

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        I requested a refund back at the beginning of September and received it in December. It was for (4) flex passes along with Maxpass upgrades. Based on my calculation I used about half of the pass and was expecting to get about $1400 back and to Disney’s credit that is about what I received. I talked about it in another refund thread but their communication with customers has been pretty much terrible regarding refunds and how much you can expect to get or when you will get it. I haven’t called customer service in a while since I got my refund credited to my credit card (I actually paid with a combination of gift cards, cash, and a little on the CC but it all went back to my CC) but I can only
                                        imagine it won’t get any better now that they are refunding everyone and everyone is going to be calling in wondering when they are going to get theirs.

                                        I should add that they did send an email after the refund was processed but I didn’t ever receive anything before hand saying I had requested a refund or when that refund would be processed

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X