Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland Cancels AP program Effective Immediately!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland Cancels AP program Effective Immediately!

Wow.

Just saw this. I feel this is the only way to proceed forward when the parks reopen. The AP program will probably come back at a later date in my opinion.
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

Here's a link too: https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-disneyland

I know many liked their APs, but it might be a good chance (once they re-open) for those to visit who were turned off by the masses of APs since like 2008.

Comment

I don't know why this hurt, but it did.

Comment

I felt bad for all the money Disney has lost this year due to the closures.

But after this, good. Let 'em bleed!

Scummy company.

Comment

I see this being temporary due to how much Disneyland relies on locals, where locals aren't gonna want to go and pay every time they wish to visit the park. My family for example who lived in so cal, but didn't get the AP only visited once a year. Now that's not to say EVERY family will do that, but without the AP in place, at least 60% of locals will be less enticed to visit regularly, which at this point and time due to Covid, makes sense for the parks, but won't make sense once Covid is done and the parks are back to allowing full capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappyland View Post
              I felt bad for all the money Disney has lost this year due to the closures.

But after this, good. Let 'em bleed!

Scummy company.
              I don't understand your sentiment. We don't know enough details yet. What if they bring the program back a year after reopening? What if this was the only way to ensure people could have fair opportunity to go to the parks once it reopens on a limited capacity? This is also fair to AP holders because Disney has already said that when they reopen, you'll likely have to make a reservation. That's not fair for those with a pass that didn't need to make a reservation. There are so many issues with regards to reopening that I think for now this was the right move.

Comment

Originally posted by jish5555 View Post
                but won't make sense once Covid is done and the parks are back to allowing full capacity.
                Covid won't be over for a good 3-5 years. So this means the AP is done for at least half a decade. So frustrated with Disney.

Comment

Huge loss for the So Cal Disney fans who like to go to the park occasionally and not the whole day. I hope this is just a temporary move and that they restore the annual passes at a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad View Post

I don't understand your sentiment. We don't know enough details yet. What if they bring the program back a year after reopening? What if this was the only way to ensure people could have fair opportunity to go to the parks once it reopens on a limited capacity? This is also fair to AP holders because Disney has already said that when they reopen, you'll likely have to make a reservation. That's not fair for those with a pass that didn't need to make a reservation. There are so many issues with regards to reopening that I think for now this was the right move.
                    This is not a temporary Covid thing. They just got rid of the AP program forever. If anything they might do local flex passes or something like that. But that's a far cry away from the AP program as we knew it.

Comment

Disneyland AP's in 2020: (speculate from cryptic email that the days of the Annual Pass were numbered)

Also Disneyland AP's in 2021:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yd3lQVbkYc

Comment

I agree with what others have said. Since their reopening is currently TBD, and when they do reopen reservations will be required, it makes sense to cancel the APs. It wouldn't be fair to APs if they now require a reservation when they previously didn't nor would it be fair to the average family wanting to visit the parks if local APs were constantly booking up the reservations. I see this as temporary until a lot of the capacity restrictions are lifted. And the article does state that a different form of membership would replace the current AP system....it's just a question of when.

Comment

It makes me wonder if theyre not opening at all within the next 6 mos.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanbreeze77 View Post
                            It makes me wonder if theyre not opening at all within the next 6 mos.
                            With the state/local government running things like they have been, I don't see DL opening at all this year.

And that's not me being sarcastic or even derisive, I genuinely don't think Disneyland will open this year.

Comment

I do think this will be bad for businesses both on property and off.... Disney just screwed restaurants and shops on harbor, even after they all lobbied for disney to open. Many pass holders knew the tricks to keeping a disney trip cheap, those businesses were a big part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappyland View Post

With the state/local government running things like they have been, I don't see DL opening at all this year.

And that's not me being sarcastic or even derisive, I genuinely don't think Disneyland will open this year.
                                I would say fall at the earliest, but I could see 2022 as being plausible.

Comment

Updated info on the Disneyland website already: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ann...d-information/

APs who had a valid pass as of March 14, 2020 will continue to receive applicable discounts, based on their Passport type...until new membership offerings are announced.

There will also be a 30% discount offered from Jan 18 - Feb 25, 2021 on select merchandise at select locations in Downtown Disney and Buena Vista Street Mon-Fri.

Comment

I honestly think Disneyland will be up and running by late Summer or Fall. The state and federal government is already working on a big ramp up in vaccinations and I think by late Summer enough people will be vaccinated that the positivity rates will be low enough for Disneyland to re-open.

But the holiday season, I fully expect a decent amount of people to be allowed to go to Disneyland. My guess is you will have to show proof of vaccination or a very recent negative Covid-19 test to enter the park, but nonetheless I think people will be allowed to come to Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat Mickey View Post
                                      I honestly think Disneyland will be up and running by late Summer or Fall. The state and federal government is already working on a big ramp up in vaccinations and I think by late Summer enough people will be vaccinated that the positivity rates will be low enough for Disneyland to re-open.

But the holiday season, I fully expect a decent amount of people to be allowed to go to Disneyland. My guess is you will have to show proof of vaccination or a very recent negative Covid-19 test to enter the park, but nonetheless I think people will be allowed to come to Disneyland.
                                      I'm going to predict that vaccines are required for entry.

Comment

I haven't had an AP for a few years now, but not gonna lie, when I worked retail (over a decade ago now) and had random days off, the So Cal Pass was awesome to have. My brother and I would just dona day trip on a random Wednesday or something and it'd be walk on for most attractions.
                                        "Have I gone mad?"
                                        "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X