X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Some added theming and some more plants for the new Store. Next Weekend is previews so we will see the inside then and the public get to go in the weekend after.

Click image for larger version Name:	Image-from-iOS-6-1862271-1200x900.jpg Views:	0 Size:	265.3 KB ID:	8631724
    There you "GO" -Star War Fans

Have to say ....it was a good Ideal ,of Disney ,having a shop in DTD !

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied
    Some added theming and some more plants for the new Store. Next Weekend is previews so we will see the inside then and the public get to go in the weekend after.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Image-from-iOS-6-1862271-1200x900.jpg Views:	0 Size:	265.3 KB ID:	8631724

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied
    Originally posted by Blurr View Post
    I miss Rainforest Cafe', I would have preferred to have kept it. That said, the ideas discussed in this thread seem like an enjoyable use of the space, as well. Basically a Galaxy's Edge lite for those who don't enter the parks. I love the idea of being able to pick up the merch and grab a bite from the parks in Downtown Disney. Offering up the build your own $200 lightsaber in DTD would also help alleviate the demand for it inside the park and remove some of the complaints about having to pay to enter the park, then having to pay again to get an experience like that.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. The building already has a bar built into it. There's your cantina. A gift shop, a dining room.. it goes on. The building's theming could be easily re-worked into a jungle resistance base. The experience in-park would likely benefit as well, since you've got two options and less overcrowding. You'd also now have created a space for all those "displaced" APs to aim at while full-price paying day Guests have a more easily accessible time in-park.
    Hopefully Disney goes all out at some point.

The area is big enough for a lot and even if they don't do light sabers the second store could have and experience or museum to draw people to that shop.

Food I think Disney is going to stay away from making new restaurants for a while because of COVID. While most likely after 2021 we should all be good..I bet the company focuses more on shopping/attractions because they should be able to be open if another Pandemic hits unlike Restaurants which in CA are a no go in these times.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Scottie
    replied
    I am a huge Star Wars fan but I am very against light sabers. I am like a pinata for little kids with light sabers. I don't know why?

Leave a comment:

• jish5555
    replied
    Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    I like this, and hope they keep it and look for other opportunities to bring attractions outside the gates to DTD. Another idea might be a theatre featuring live performances, like the Frozen or Aladdin shows.
    That would be awesome, where they can open up a theater with multiple stages that could allow for multiple shows, have a kiosk to offer doll whip, etc.

Leave a comment:

• jish5555
    replied
    Something else I thought of, not only could they add the build your own lightsaber experience on the 2nd floor, but they can also add the food from Galaxy's Edge.

Leave a comment:

• greenalfonzo
    replied
    I like this, and hope they keep it and look for other opportunities to bring attractions outside the gates to DTD. Another idea might be a theatre featuring live performances, like the Frozen or Aladdin shows.

Leave a comment:

• Blurr
    replied
    I miss Rainforest Cafe', I would have preferred to have kept it. That said, the ideas discussed in this thread seem like an enjoyable use of the space, as well. Basically a Galaxy's Edge lite for those who don't enter the parks. I love the idea of being able to pick up the merch and grab a bite from the parks in Downtown Disney. Offering up the build your own $200 lightsaber in DTD would also help alleviate the demand for it inside the park and remove some of the complaints about having to pay to enter the park, then having to pay again to get an experience like that.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. The building already has a bar built into it. There's your cantina. A gift shop, a dining room.. it goes on. The building's theming could be easily re-worked into a jungle resistance base. The experience in-park would likely benefit as well, since you've got two options and less overcrowding. You'd also now have created a space for all those "displaced" APs to aim at while full-price paying day Guests have a more easily accessible time in-park.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied
    A company like Disney shouldn’t have too much difficulty reopening the kitchen. They should serve up Galaxy’s Edge food in there for take out.

Leave a comment:

• Mom kissed Walt
    replied
    I like this idea. I could see it working out really well.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied
    Originally posted by Sun Bonnet View Post
    Will Asian Street Eats, which was right outside the empty Rain Forest Cafe last time I visited, still be there? It was my new favorite place to eat in DTD. Chef Hung <3
    Rumored is it is being moved. So should be there somewhere new soon

Leave a comment:

• Sun Bonnet
    replied
    Will Asian Street Eats, which was right outside the empty Rain Forest Cafe last time I visited, still be there? It was my new favorite place to eat in DTD. Chef Hung <3

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied
    Originally posted by jish5555 View Post
    So the first thing that came to my mind is how because Rainforest Cafe is pretty big, they could implement a new build your own lightsaber experience. This would be beneficial because it'll allow for Disney to have more spaces available, and if this get's opened up before the parks re-open, Disney can make a decent income off this particular experience while the parks remain closed. Something else I thought of was how since the Rainforest Cafe can look a lot closer to a Jedi Temple, that they could have a new experience that doesn't focus on trying to hide from the First Order and instead have it to where you're a padawan who needs to build a lightsaber.
    I'd love that.

Also with the Monorail feet from this not like it would be hard to get people from inside the park out to this and back in with there new lightsaber.

I'm hoping they use the old fishtanks as holograms or like in the OT movies/Rogue one
    Or some sort of war/holo table

Leave a comment:

• jish5555
    replied
    So the first thing that came to my mind is how because Rainforest Cafe is pretty big, they could implement a new build your own lightsaber experience. This would be beneficial because it'll allow for Disney to have more spaces available, and if this get's opened up before the parks re-open, Disney can make a decent income off this particular experience while the parks remain closed. Something else I thought of was how since the Rainforest Cafe can look a lot closer to a Jedi Temple, that they could have a new experience that doesn't focus on trying to hide from the First Order and instead have it to where you're a padawan who needs to build a lightsaber.

Leave a comment:

• Star Wars Trading Post Reopening in old Rainforest Cafe

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-new-location/

Thats right Rainforest Cafe might not be coming back but will be used as a the new location for the Star Wars Trading Post, not only will it be much bigger than the last area but also feature props from the movie such as Ray's speeder and hopefully be even more themed than the last location.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X