Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merchandise cost increases at Disneyland

Hey everyone! I was wondering if the merchandise prices were raised because the 30% discount was coming, or if this is due to the pandemic?

I went to Disneyland yesterday to get the AP magnet and a few other things I had been waiting on, and noticed that the prices had jumped quite a bit over the last year. I’m a frequent shopper, however, it’s been about a year since I purchased a stuffed animal. I noticed that the Disney Babies are now 32.99 each and last summer they were only like 19. The pin starter sets have gone up too where a set of seven is now 32.99.

Again, part of me wonders if the prices were recently raised to cover the loss of passholders having 30% off. The people I saw walking around had quite a few large bags or other items, however at 3pm there weren’t as many people as there usually are on a holiday weekend (since the pandemic).

i’m sure the pandemic has a large part to play in this.

they are desperate to offset the huge losses they are seeing from the parks being closed so every little bit helps.
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    Walt Disney World
    Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

I agree. I’m curious to see if people will continue to buy at those prices without the discount to soften the blow.

Comment

Not Surprising to me.......
        Price have went up - every were !
        IMO
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Speaking of Disney merchandise, I just bought a set of 1996 McDonald's/Disney character glasses for $15 including shipping. They are brand new, never used.

There are lots of Disney items on ebay right now at great prices after Christmas. Most sellers will combine shipping too. Try getting a deal like that on anything inside the parks.

Comment

They probably raised the prices because they’ve been closed for so long, then raised the discount to 30% to entice pass holders to pay the higher prices v

Comment

Yes, it is just like at all restaurants throughout the state. You cut off their business, they charge more to those who will still come to help offset their losses.
              "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
                Yes, it is just like at all restaurants throughout the state. You cut off their business, they charge more to those who will still come to help offset their losses.
                Actually (not Disneyland related but) down here where I live in San Diego County, several of the establishments that are open in my City (peaceful protesting) have instituted Happy Hour prices all day. When things looked like they were getting back to normal, before the "Purple Level" was reinstituted, the establishments went back to specific Happy Hour times. Now that we're restricted again, the all-day Happy Hours are back.

Of course, I know it's not the same everywhere. But it's working here and they haven't had to let go of Staff.
                Last edited by stovk; 01-21-2021, 07:38 AM.
                “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                WDW Trips: '81
                EPCOT Trips: '93
                Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Originally posted by stovk View Post

Actually (not Disneyland related) but down here where I live in San Diego County, several of the establishments that are open in my City (peaceful protesting) have instituted Happy Hour prices all day. When things looked like they were getting back to normal, before the "Purple Level" was reinstituted, the establishments went back to specific Happy Hour times. Now that we're restricted again, the all-day Happy Hours are back.

Of course, I know it's not the same everywhere. But it's working here and they haven't had to let go of Staff.
                  Too bad not up here. Places closing left and right. Fortunately up in SCV, many restaurants are letting people eat outside now. They are not serving you, but they pack your food to go, and you take it right to the tables and eat it. It's fresh, so a lot better than taking it home.
                  "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X