Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passholder Survey Pics

Hey everyone,

An article just came across my newsfeed this morning from Blogmickey. I’m including a screenshot of the options breakdown. The image with the pricing is a little blurry. I’m wondering what others think of these options and price points. What about a single day ticket at 209 a day? I’m sad about it and if these are real, I probably won’t get one. Not because I couldn’t make it work, but I was sig+ and I feel like this is a slap.
    Last edited by Goldendreamer; 01-24-2021, 06:22 AM.

My goodness, why so complicated?

it doesn’t look to me they are trying to start fresh at all. I’m so tired of the overcomplicated survey, especially during this time. They’re making their job harder than it needs to be and will end up with less quality information. Don’t ask 100 people 20 questions! They need to narrow the field.
    You know, I have the strangest feeling that I've seen that ship before. A long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling
    It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Comment

Other than requiring reservations what is different than the old program other than it looks like no payment plan and no So Cal option.
      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

mickdaddy well unless I’m not seeing something, they don’t offer a pass option that includes discounts, parking, and max pass. To me, that’s a nonstarter if you’re looking at value for a pass at a higher price point. I’d be curious to know what they consider the new equivalent of the sig plus pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldendreamer View Post
          mickdaddy well unless I’m not seeing something, they don’t offer a pass option that includes discounts, parking, and max pass. To me, that’s a nonstarter if you’re looking at value for a pass at a higher price point. I’d be curious to know what they consider the new equivalent of the sig plus pass.
          I could be wrong but I thought the top tier pass already had parking and max pass, but it could have just been add on options.
          BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

the 5 admission option looks quite promising...our time for visits has been reduced...daughter is on the girl’s basketball team and is taking some honors classes...then the PSAT and SAT are close as well as college selections and applications...we still want to go visit both Parks, and hope there will be some options to consider...
            I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Just so everyone knows how surveys are constructed and intended to work - none of these will actually be the final pass offered. They randomize the prices and options to determine correlations between key attributes. Any final pass constructions are going to look materially different than these.

Your takeaways from this should be the discount strata they are considering and the different options they are considering. Nothing more, nothing less. Even these price tiers are bound to look different. This is illuminating, for sure, but hardly revealing.

Comment

Originally posted by savarese04 View Post
                Just so everyone knows how surveys are constructed and intended to work - none of these will actually be the final pass offered. They randomize the prices and options to determine correlations between key attributes. Any final pass constructions are going to look materially different than these.

Your takeaways from this should be the discount strata they are considering and the different options they are considering. Nothing more, nothing less. Even these price tiers are bound to look different. This is illuminating, for sure, but hardly revealing.
                Fair enough and I’m sure you’re right but Covid has brought so many unwelcome and overly complicated surveys in my opinion.

You seem to know what you’re talking about so I’ll defer to you but I just cannot fathom why they don’t start these of with more basic to the point questions first and then send another more refined one.

You know, I have the strangest feeling that I've seen that ship before. A long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling
                It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Comment

Yo, what's that 4th passport option they're considering on the clearer image? There's a ton of green (available days) on it's calendar, a two month reservation window, 6 any time visits per year, all applicable discounts to food and merch and parking included for $399? I mean, that sounds like a great deal to me. Am I missing something or did I misread that? Sure there's no MaxPass or Photopass but is there some kind of other hole that could be punched in what I'm seeing? 'cuz that sounds really good, if true.
                  "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

I hate survey's........
                    and Disney use them in a way ,to make more money for them self
                    as well , less quality for the guests!
                    IMO
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I took the survey and this is only a sample of the amount of “options” they showed (it was so so many). They were several that were like Sig Plus (no blackout dates). However, sometimes they had parking and/or max pass, sometimes they didn’t. Not that we will see these exactly, but it is clear that Disney isn’t giving up on the idea of unlimited passes (albeit requiring reservations) completely.

The fact is Disney is concerned that the “legacy”APs/ locals might not go for the new passes. The survey directly asked about monthly payments and if you would downgrade your pass type if they were not available.

If passholders weren’t so profitable, I don’t see why they would bother with this survey.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
                        The fact is Disney is concerned that the “legacy”APs/ locals might not go for the new passes. The survey directly asked about monthly payments and if you would downgrade your pass type if they were not available.
                        No they're not. Otherwise they wouldn't have made everybody a Free Agent by cancelling all the Annual Passes abruptly.

We'll see what they come up with, but I'm definitely not going to get something that doesn't fit my needs. The Flex Pass I had, did that for the most part, and was really the only reason I became an AP again after about 7 years of not being one.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalDisneyFan View Post

No they're not. Otherwise they wouldn't have made everybody a Free Agent by cancelling all the Annual Passes abruptly.

We'll see what they come up with, but I'm definitely not going to get something that doesn't fit my needs. The Flex Pass I had, did that for the most part, and was really the only reason I became an AP again after about 7 years of not being one.
                          The parks aren’t open if you hadn’t noticed. It is approaching a year of closure. That’s not abrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
                            The parks aren’t open if you hadn’t noticed. It is approaching a year of closure. That’s not abrupt.
                            Knott's, Universal & Six Flags have also been closed for a year, and they have not cancelled all their AP's. Everybody who declined the refund option for a year, did so with the intention of being able to visit Disneyland once it reopened. They could have allowed those AP's to enjoy the time remaining on their passes, once the park reopened. And they still could have prevented people from renewing, while they wound down the old program.

I have little doubt that many will buy into whatever Disney has planned going forward. But many others won't. They let go of a captive audience, and I still think it was a poor business decision. Of course, if their goal was to decrease the # of people visiting the parks, if they still had an AP, then mission accomplished. I expect that the other So Cal parks will make a play for at least some of those outcasts, once the parks open again this year.

Comment

I believe if they kept the previous system in place (minor mods) but eliminated monthly payment option, they would have gotten the natural attrition in overall AP numbers without the major overhaul they are doing now.

Comment

Let me get this straight..

Daily park population was out of control high because of local pass holders. So something needed to be done to make the visitors’ experience more safe and enjoyable. To counter this too-high population crowd caused by local AP holders, Disney wants to potentially reach more AP customers with more tailored designs.

Am I understanding this correctly? The new AP program is designed to bring in more APs??

Comment

Originally posted by Thumperrrrr View Post

Daily park population was out of control high because of local pass holders. So something needed to be done to make the visitors’ experience more safe and enjoyable. To counter this too-high population crowd caused by local AP holders, Disney wants to potentially reach more AP customers with more tailored designs.

Am I understanding this correctly? The new AP program is designed to bring in more APs??
                                  ka-Bingo. The more one studies the history of the AP program, the more obvious it becomes that there is no such thing as "too crowded" to Disney.

Historically, two voices have spoken to Disney on the crowding issue: the people who complain it's too crowded, and the vast crowds who repeatedly vote with their wallets that they don't care how crowded it is (or indeed, how expensive it is).

Disney Parks PR pats the first group on the head and assures them it's concerned about their "guest experience," at the same time that Disney Parks management invents more ways to jam more people into the parks.
                                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

Disney took away the Premium pass (365 days)... and offered the Signature Pass... which also offered 365 days.

While neither of these options will be back, history has set a precedent for something similar, just with reservations. So the real question is what number of reservations will Disney allow? It will be likely as much as they can get away with.

However. I still think it will feel like an improvement regarding crowds overall. I feel like the only passholder (excuse me “Legacy passholder”) that is kind of excited to see what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumperrrrr View Post

Not necessarily, as mentioned already the options provided are scattered. Ultimately Disney wants guests to be in the park the FEWEST number of times possible while extracting the most dollars from them during that minimal number of visits. Every similar business operates under a magic number of visits per dollar. A friend and family member both having worked at Disney said the number tended to be 3 days. If families were there longer they wouldn't necessarily spend more, they tended to stretch the same number of dollars further; meaning Disney loses money because that family on day five could have been replaced with another family and another new set of dollars to spend.

If an AP budgets $1000 for disney merch and food etc above and beyond their ticket price, Disney wants them to spend that $1000 in the fewest number of visits as possible. It is incredibly unlikely that a family with a certain budget will spend beyond their intended dollar amount if they attend more times, they will just stretch that dollar amount over a greater number of visits. That family then becomes lost potential revenue, because they are not spending extra cash and are costing maintenance and staffing dollars as well as taking space or making it less desirable for a tourist to take that spot and spend that cash. Flip this around the other way, restrict the number of days that same $1000 budget family can attend and they are likely to still spend $1000 they will just do it in a shorter period of time.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X