Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast member for a day

If you had the chance, what attraction would you most want to work on for a day?

Motivation can be anything: the nostalgia factor, interest in seeing behind-the-scenes, most fun interaction with guests, you name it
    your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding

Space Mountain because I love the energetic vibe.

Comment

I would want to be a Jungle cruise skipper. I have always said when I retire from teaching I want to work as a Jungle cruise skipper.
      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
        I would want to be a Jungle cruise skipper. I have always said when I retire from teaching I want to work as a Jungle cruise skipper.
        EXCELLENT!
        I'm guessing you entertain your students to help them learn.

I too would pick the Jungle Cruise for a day, and have considered returning to Disneyland as a retirement job. I worked on the Jungle Cruise in the 80s & would still have fun making people laugh.

I've also always wanted to work on the Haunted Mansion with an evil smile on all day, and I'd welcome the challenge of trying to get Tiki Room guests to loudly sing along -- it's a better attraction when people do.
        Last edited by jcruise86; 01-25-2021, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Personally, I think i’d trade ‘CM for a day’ for ‘Imagineer for a day’. I’m more the behind the scenes type than the on stage type so that would be amazing to experience.

I’d love to be able to tour WDI in Glendale and pick the brains of the people behind the magic (particularly so I could get more ideas for my Halloween Haunted Mansion animatronics and effects).
          Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
          Walt Disney World
          Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
          1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
          2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

I've always wanted to be a Tower of Terror CM. I love the costume and would love to have played a mischievous darkness with it.

Comment

Jungle Cruise. Almost anything else is just boring, thankless work lol
              "Have I gone mad?"
              "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

I would like to work behind the candy counter on Main Street. Every single person is happy and optimistic when they are making a candy selection at such a nice candy shop.
                I'd both enjoy interacting with the customers and smelling the fresh candy.

Comment

Monorail...you take a long round trip, seeing lots of Disneyland and DCA...you get to honk a loud horn quite a few times...people notice when the Monorail goes by.,,and and you get to tell friends that you drive a Monorail...
                  I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                    Monorail...you take a long round trip, seeing lots of Disneyland and DCA...you get to honk a loud horn quite a few times...people notice when the Monorail goes by.,,and and you get to tell friends that you drive a Monorail...
                    Good call on the monorail. I hadn't thought of that.

For me, probably something with an omni mover system. While working on a roller coaster sounds interesting, I know nothing about the safety protocols that go into system checks, and if I were there for only one day, there is no doubt in my mind I would screw something up enough to cause a dangerous situation with park guests.

Comment

I would like be a conductor, on the Disneyland Railroad (for a day)
                      """ALBOARD""
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

For a long time, I wanted to be a Splash Mountain cast member just to wear those heavy looking coats and khakis... 😅 Splash Mountain CM’s have the best style.

Comment

When working at Horseshoe, the attraction I wanted to work at was Guardians due to how awesome the cast member outfit looked. The other one I was wanting to do was pilot the Tallship Columbia.

Comment

Maintenance. I wouldn't get anything done in just one day but I'd get to see how a lot of stuff works.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post

EXCELLENT!
                              I'm guessing you entertain your students to help them learn.

I too would pick the Jungle Cruise for a day, and have considered returning to Disneyland as a retirement job. I worked on the Jungle Cruise in the 80s & would still have fun making people laugh.

I've also always wanted to work on the Haunted Mansion with an evil smile on all day, and I'd welcome the challenge of trying to get Tiki Room guests to loudly sing along -- it's a better attraction when people do.
                              Having fun with my students and making them laugh as a way to connect to material has always been my style. I would love the Haunted Mansion as well especially getting to load the elevators. I would love any spot that is more interactive and playing a role. The jungle Cruise has just always been something I would think was fun, I know they don't like the skippers to improve much anymore but I would love to have some of my own jokes in there. And of course a late night "Blue" version.
                              BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Either, Capt. of Mark Twain or Tiki Room host
                                "These are a few of my favorite things"

sigpic

Comment

Management -- for the sole purpose of promoting Maynard to EVP in charge of CM hiring and training.
                                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                                    It would be cool to be a pilot....for a day,
                                    On the "MONORAIL"
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                                      Management -- for the sole purpose of promoting Maynard to EVP in charge of CM hiring and training.
                                      I like your thinking here. He has been so nice the times I've met him.

Comment

I would love to "be friends" with a character for a day; face, fur, doesn't matter. Though I would probably have more fun with fur, because they don't have to be as proper and well-behaved as the princesses do. I actually once had to be the Easter Bunny at the Birthday party facility I worked at, and I really enjoyed it. Not only was it really fun to play around as a giant bunny, but when posing for pictures, I didn't have to worry about whether I was making an awkward face, or if the camera angle was going to make me look hideous and ruin the family's photo. It was great!

If not that, then I'd probably want to work in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or one of the stores. I actually really enjoy working with customers; being able to make just one person's day tends to make up for a whole slew of negative customer experiences.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X