Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Dining is expected to resume in California Monday

Expect a possible announcement tomorrow:

Restaurant owners and workers are expecting California's stay-at-home order to be lifted sometime Monday.

According to a letter from the California Restaurant Association, officials with Governor Gavin Newsom told the union that the governor will lift the order for all regions of the state, including Southern California.

Sunday night's development comes as Bay Area, Southern California and San Joaquin Valley were under Gov. Newsom's stay-at-home orders.

"A formal announcement is expected tomorrow," CRA said in a letter.

Southern California had been under Gov. Newsom's stay-at-home order since December 2020. The order banned gatherings of people from different households.
    Depending on what is allowed, I can see Disney/DTD restaurants reopening ASAP. I also wonder if Disney will attempt to reopen the Grand Villas again.
    Restaurant owners and workers are expecting California's stay-at-home order to be lifted sometime Monday.

If it is still eating outdoors, then to me, the restaurants are still closed. It's time we start getting back to normal. But even if allowed, PhD Ferrer from LA County is still probably going to restrict everything.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

But then again, Dr. Ferrer doesn't control OC. This is still hope.

Comment

Disney Bloggers went to DTD today food carts are open...don't think Restaurants have had the time to be ready but LA is saying Friday so I think maybe this weekend we will see Disneyland opening one or two and test out if people are wanting to come and eat again at the parks.

As for me I will wait and head down once the new Star Wars store is open and grab lunch after.
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
          Expect a possible announcement tomorrow:

Depending on what is allowed, I can see Disney/DTD restaurants reopening ASAP. I also wonder if Disney will attempt to reopen the Grand Villas again.

Is this a smart decision, especially that the new strain of the virus is beginning to spread?

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
            If it is still eating outdoors, then to me, the restaurants are still closed. It's time we start getting back to normal. But even if allowed, PhD Ferrer from LA County is still probably going to restrict everything.
            Yes, let's start getting back to normal right after a winter spike and right after a more contagious COVID strain emerged in Southern California

Comment

Originally posted by jacob555 View Post
              Yes, let's start getting back to normal right after a winter spike and right after a more contagious COVID strain emerged in Southern California
              Spot on. The stupidity of the "let's get back to normal" crowd is even worse when you consider there is not just one new Covid variant threatening California, but several:

LA Times: New coronavirus variants are an urgent threat. Here’s what you need to know

"Even as the pandemic crisis eases in California, federal officials and experts Sunday warned that the dangers of rapidly growing new coronavirus strains underscore just how urgent it will be to speed up vaccinations....

An ongoing concern is whether current vaccines will be effective against the variants. There is some suggestion that the two vaccines distributed in the U.S., manufactured by Pfizer and Moderna, seem to be protective against the U.K. strain, although there is a “minor diminution” of how effective they are, Fauci said.

But the most concerning new variant studied worldwide is a strain now prevalent in South Africa, known as B.1.351, Fauci said. The South African strain has not been identified in the U.S., but it is possible that it is here and hasn’t been detected....

A fourth new strain, believed to be homegrown in California, has also sparked concern among scientists at UC San Francisco and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. The new strain, called B.1.426, went from being virtually undetectable to suddenly accounting for one-quarter of analyzed viral samples, and its sudden rise and distinctive mutations have made it a prime suspect in California’s vicious holiday surge.

One of the mutations in California’s homegrown strain, known as L452R, alters the virus’ ability to infiltrate human cells and turn them into virus-making factories. Over multiple generations, even a small improvement in this ability will help a virus propagate more easily, driving up infections, hospitalizations and deaths.

Dr. Vivek Murthy, President Biden’s nominee for surgeon general, said on ABC News’ 'This Week' program Sunday that the rise of the new strains is concerning and means that Americans will need to “double down on public health measures, like masking and avoiding indoor gatherings.”

'We’re in a race against these variants. The virus is going to change, and it’s up to us to adapt and to make sure that we’re staying ahead,' Murthy said...."

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
              - Bob Chapek

Comment

With the way covid cases have skyrocketed in the U.S. in the past few months .... the state of California leading the way with the most new cases than any other state .... What a stupid idea! Unless every Californian can be vaccinated within a few days .... doing this is just going to see covid cases soar even more!
                MY SIGNATURE:
                Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

My main hope is that allowing dinging will in turn allow for Disneyland to be opened, even if the rides themselves cannot be opened, where you can go into the park and enjoy the dining and shops.

Comment

And just like that. Hmmm? No manipulation, huh?
                    “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                    WDW Trips: '81
                    EPCOT Trips: '93
                    Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Originally posted by jish5555 View Post
                      My main hope is that allowing dinging will in turn allow for Disneyland to be opened, even if the rides themselves cannot be opened, where you can go into the park and enjoy the dining and shops.
                      I'm to the point now where I would pay money to just be allowed to walk around in the park and not ride any rides. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post

I'm to the point now where I would pay money to just be allowed to walk around in the park and not ride any rides. Lol.
                        LOL...well put, Im right there with you man ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post

Yeah, which I feel would be a viable option for Disney, as they can allow for guests to walk around the park, dine, and shop just not ride the rides. I know California Adventure was allowing guests entry into the main street area.

Comment

I want to point out everyone is at different stages now.

Wont get too into it but my mental state isn't as good as it was a year ago...shocker. The risk of getting Covid for me is low because i am young and exercise doesn't mean im going to party or huge friends...but think I should have the option to go out and eat food and see people...if I choose.

Not everyone will like this and thats cool, I used to be very anti going out side...but sometimes you just need to see more than the inside of your room along with my brain enjoying taking things in. I will go at some point to DTD...not alot but I would like to go back and see friends and grab a bite.
                            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

As a Bussiness
                              I sure Disney going to what they can - when they can.
                              That is expected !

But the way covid cases have skyrocketed in the U.S.
                              I will still stay away.......right now......Disney is not a need.......IMO
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

To be honest, I would feel much safer being on Disney property than anywhere else outside of my home. And you can't blame California's infections on the theme parks because...DUH...they've been closed for over 10 months. People are reckless when they're NOT being monitored, and that's why the infection rates have risen. Enforcing the safety protocols is Priority #1 on Disney property.
                                Last edited by SuperHappyCM; 01-27-2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X